Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

3.6

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 2/14/2017 10:22:00 PM

I've tried this a couple of times. Applied in sufficient amounts, it can get cakey and drying and the color is both pastey and oxidized on my skin. It feels mask-like and is dehydrating as the day goes on. And something in this flares my rosacea big time. When I wear it it tingles and itches and after a couple of days of wear I have sore, red breakouts on my cheeks and neck.

It's a decent amount of zinc oxide and the finish is matte, so worth a try but I'm done trying to make it work.

Fast-forward a year....I need to change this review. It was another Paula's Choice product that destroyed my skin--Resist Barrier Repair containing Retinol. The Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 is a wonderful product for normal to oily skin or combination skin. I use it on my nose, which is my only oily part. It melts right in and improves the look of the skin on my nose. It looks matte and smooth. I will repurchase it and use it only on my nose from now on. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it isn't moisturizing enough for the rest of my face, so I have to purchase two different daytime moisturizers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this would be suitable for a daily sunscreen with light moisture for my combo skin in the spring and summer, but this stuff was a terrible disaster for my skin! I usually have trouble-free skin, but when I switched to Paula's Choice my skin got destroyed. Bumps, flaking like crazy, and small red spots. I almost wondered if I had developed rosacea.

I have combination skin with some very oily patches and some very dry patches. This product did not work at all on the dry patches: it highlighted flaky skin really badly. On the oily parts of my face, it was great: it made my skin smooth, soft and matte. However, I won't be repurchasing this because I couldn't use it at all on the dry areas--I had to use a different product altogether on these areas of my face.

I got a sample and wanted to love this, but it's just not right for me. I mostly like what's in it (and what's not in it) but it leaves a scummy type coating on my skin and clung to a few dry patches. It smells relatively neutral, but slightly metallic? It DID do a good job of keeping my face relatively matte all day, so for someone not living in New England winter it may be a winner. It's heavy on dimethicone, and although I can tolerate dimethicone at lower concentrations, I did get a few whiteheads on my otherwise calm skin after two days of wearing this (and changing nothing else). Not for me, sadly! I'll be finishing my Missha All Around Safe Block Mild Essence Sun Milk for now and courting new fragrance-free options elsewhere.

on 6/29/2014 11:53:00 AM

After trying several "physical sunscreens" and thinking I would never find one that I liked I found myself on Paula's website and purchased this. I love it. My skin is normal and I've had no dryness problems with this It has a very slight tint to it. It's moisturizing and my make up goes on very smoothly over this. It is higher priced than what's at the drugstore, but Paula has sales frequently and I recently found it for less on dermstore web site.

9/13/2014 after using for several months I'm not liking this as much as I did initially. It does look kind of "masky" toward the end of the day. I think if you don't need foundation on top you might have better luck than I did with this. I've started using Andalou Naturals All In One Beauty Balm which is also a physical sunscreen/moisturizer and have been very pleased with the results.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Paula's Choice products, but this one is not for me. It was aimed at people with my skin type, but didn't work out.
I have oily to combination skin (more oily during summer) and I've been dying to find a mineral sunscreen that would not clog my pores. I've tried PC Hydralight Mineral Sunscreen (which used to be their handcream) and my skin liked it a lot better. Here is my review:

Pros:
fantastic silky texture going on
no white cast
fantastic ingredients

Cons:
clogs my pores every time (tried it on half my face to check several times)
changes tint after a while - becomes maybe slightly oxidized?
drying
expensive

I can put up with most of the cons, but not the clogging of pores. I find that their other mineral sunscreen did a slightly better job (albeit not perfect - I still had some clogged pores, but not as much and it wasn't as drying, the white cast I easily covered up with powder)

Overall, anyone with regular to oily skin who is not make up prone and has an olivy shade to their skin might actually love this.
This is the first product from Paula's Choice that I would not repurchase.

on 10/14/2013 1:40:00 AM

This product is great, but tinted. It's not so great if you are fair-skinned. I am fair-to-light, and it is fine on me, but I really don't like using foundation over it. It's just too much. I like a more natural look.
This might be a great tinted moisturizer for some of you with nice skin. If you fit that description, then do try it out.
If you are oily-skinned, this is also a great product.

Side note: Aren't we damned-lucky that we are so affluent a people that we can do this? That we have these options, and that we can comment on them on a web site? I mean wow. Look at people in other parts of the world. They're (the SPF moisturizers) are really all just fine.