Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 10/30/2015 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There are only a handful of products that I repurchase. Usually I shop around trying to find something better - ever hopeful. I'm giving this 5 lippies because I'm repurchasing.

It just seems to do exactly what it's supposed to do for me. Even though it's only very lightly tinted (hardly at all really), it instantly makes my skin look a little better. On the weekends, I can go with this project with no other face makeup. For work I wear either liquid foundation over it, or powder, and it plays well with both. (With the exception of my Armani foundation which doesn't go well over anything else, so I don't blame this Resist sunscreen for that problem).

It's not shiny, but also not too matte - i.e., it doesn't look dry and powdery. And it doesn't cause me to break out.

The only downside is the price, which seems a little high for the size of the tube. But still, I throw away so much product that doesn't work, paying this price for something I will actually use makes it worthwhile.

I'm in my 60's, so I don't expect miracles. I'm just happy when something works for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Nope this started breaking me out and I can't handle the dry clay face feel. It also does not work well with makeup over it. I am very sorry I bought a back-up tube of this.

I've come around on this sunscreen. I used it all summer when my skin was combination and it was great. The tint is a little off-putting because it is pink but once it's rubbed in it disappears. And I had to get used to the texture which felt very occlusive due to the high level of zinc--very mask-like--but once I did I liked it because it didn't irritate my rosacea and helped to dry some breakouts. The tint just blurs my skin but I still need concealer.

It is pretty expensive but all of PC's prices have gone up. But I have repurchased. I like it better than the sheer matte TM which runs too yellow and oxidizes orange on me. My other favorite is the Hydralight SPF which also works well with my finicky skin. Someone mentioned mixing the hydralight with the Resist. I'm going to try that.

on 10/15/2014 12:39:00 PM

I've tried to like this , I really have but it's not for me. When I was young I was plagued with oily skin ,if only this was available then. But at 57 this just sucks the moisture out of my skin.I'm not even dry, more normal these days , but to me this is a product for oily skin.This makes the skin around my eyes appear very crepey.However I'm not going to down this product. I feel it's a very good product, it's just not for me. Excellent sunscreen no alcohol or fragrance, and it contains antioxidants.If only I could use it as it is a zinc oxide only sunscreen and I've wanted one for ages.But I've gotten through a whole tube now and won't repurchase. Their is nothing moisturising about this at all. Leave this alone unless you are oily or have no lines around the eyes.

on 6/29/2014 11:53:00 AM

After trying several "physical sunscreens" and thinking I would never find one that I liked I found myself on Paula's website and purchased this. I love it. My skin is normal and I've had no dryness problems with this It has a very slight tint to it. It's moisturizing and my make up goes on very smoothly over this. It is higher priced than what's at the drugstore, but Paula has sales frequently and I recently found it for less on dermstore web site.

9/13/2014 after using for several months I'm not liking this as much as I did initially. It does look kind of "masky" toward the end of the day. I think if you don't need foundation on top you might have better luck than I did with this. I've started using Andalou Naturals All In One Beauty Balm which is also a physical sunscreen/moisturizer and have been very pleased with the results.