Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.1

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 9/11/2018 9:36:00 AM

It was a bit of a journey for me with this one. The first time I tried it it dried my skin and oxidized my mineral powder foundation and turned my face orange. So if you use heavy-ish foundation that will probably be an issue with this moisturizer.

I am very very acne prone and surprisingly I had no problems with this silicone-full formula, which encouraged me to look for ways to use the product. The ultimate solution was to use an Asian-style toner/lotion like Hada Labo first (plus a doze of mist) and seal it with this moisturizer. This left my skin both hydrated and protected throughout the day. I don't use foundation any more, just some concealer and light powder on top and this way makeup oxidization in not an issue any more. The ultimate test will be how this product fares in cold windy winter.
PS. I use this moisturizer and the Hada Labo lotion around my eyes as well instead of a separate eye cream and the results are amazing: concealer doesn't crease as much and my milia was also reduced.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I keep finding myself coming back to this moisturiser. It's soothing, even for my sensitive skin, blends in naturally and has a great SPF.

My only complaint is that it really is light, and I usually need to apply a moisturiser underneath.

on 12/15/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this for about a year or so. Great product. It’s hard to find mineral sunscreen that’s not completely white and this one has a slight tint to it. Still makes my skin a bit white but not too crazy once I blend it. I have medium dark skin tone (nc42-44). Overall I love this moisturizer/sunscreen. Never broke me out. I use it after I apply my paula choice light serum in the daytime.

on 7/30/2017 8:07:00 AM

I bought this product because I couldn't buy my usual daily moisturiser as all stockists had run out of stock. I gave this a good chance, and used it for about a month before I got fed up with the following issues:

1. The product separates quickly - every time I squeezed some out of the tube, the oily liquid would come out first
2. It doesn't moisturise at all, yet it felt rather oily when applying. I have combination skin and need moisture on my cheeks. My cheeks were so dry that they felt itchy. It was summer when I used this
3. It is cakey for a tinted moisturiser. I use Benefit Pore-fessional for my primer and this did not work well with my primer
4. It wasn't mattifying. I much prefer my usual moisturiser (Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15+)

I threw out the tube in the end. Shame, because it got such good reviews and was so affordable.

on 5/16/2017 9:51:00 AM

This product works well on my sensitive skin. Doesn't break me out, and leaves a very matte, dry finish. Not oily at all. If you have dry skin this probably wouldn't work for you. But for oily skin this is great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a tinted spf mattifying moisturizer. The tint looks too dark for me as I am quite fair but it blends out and I can't even tell it's on.
The sunscreen has been good, no sensitivity. It doesn't make me itch. It does not have a white cast. It does not smell like sunscreen. I am very breakout prone and I've never broken out from this. The cream is a medium thickness and smooths on beautifully and works under makeup.
It does help me control oil. I'm more of a combo but if I don't wear anything mattifying on my face, I can't handel how oily my face is at the end of the day. But I've never been a blotter so I'm not THAT oily. I have gone through 2 tubes (one tube lasts me close to a year of daily use) of the this and am quite pleased with it. I feel the price point is fair, especially if you wait for 20% off which happens frequently. I kind of want to try something different the next time I run out, but I always come back to this because finding a mattifying spf moisturizer is tough. Also, I do not use primers under makeup. Just this. Primers usually make me oily or do nothing for me. My makeup lays just fine over this. Lately I've had issues with flaky dry patches which I think is from some lactic exfoliation I've been using and my foundation hasn't worn very well. So I definitely wouldn't recommend this moisturizer if you have dry patches.

on 4/14/2016 12:03:00 PM

pricey but it works!

i use pc's bha gel at night, so i have to use a sunscreen throughout the day.

this is the only one that i'll use on my face. i like the tint, i have some redness in my skin - but after applying this, i can skip foundation. i have been using this for over two years now. never caused any problems. it is rather drying, which works for me - i don't get shiny or oily by the end of the day or after a strenous bike ride in hot weather.

it has a little bit of a smell, not unpleasant but distinct. this goes away after a few moments.

one tube lasts me about 9 months (but i only apply on days i have to leave the house and be outside a lot.)

on 11/19/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love paula's product, i use several of her products
but i really hate this sunblock, because its whitecast, a big no no for me
it doesnt break me out, control my oil, need serum/moisturizer before apply this, because it can be so dry and hard to apply in the face

on 10/30/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my all-time holy grails of any product ever. I have severely dry skin with plenty of eczema, yet I also get an oily t-zone, especially in warm weather. It is very hard to find products to satisfy my entire face. I used to use Clinique City Block Sheer with great success, but they must have changed the formula because now it triggers my eczema.

The Resist Super-light is a mineral sunscreen/tinted moisturizer that dries down matte but does not dry out my skin in any way. I do use a good moisturizer underneath, as my skin is VERY dry. It is slightly tinted so no white cast. It does even out the skin tone ever so slightly, as any tinted moisturizer would do. It would be great if they came out with different shades, but honestly it is so sheer you can't even notice that it leans pink (the tint is there to neutralize the white cast). It is amazing for eczema prone skin, or any skin! I can use this in the summer or Canadian winter. Feels like nothing on the face. Loaded with antioxidants. Love love love!!!

on 9/8/2015 7:00:00 AM

So I got this product because as its stated on the bottle, its for combination skin and super light moisturizer with spf. Well, this product is for you if:
1. you have very oily skin and need a mattifying sunscreen.
2. You have combo/oily and live in very hot weather that your face becomes an oil mess.
3. You dont mind any smell or tint in a product as this product has a slight tint with whitish residues and has a slight unpleasant smell in my opinion.

As a result, I returned this product, because I live in a cold weather place that my combo skin became dry now. Second, its not moisturizing what so ever. Third, I hate the smell. Fourth, if I layer it with other moisturizeres, it breaks me out.