Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.1

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 1/5/2018 7:44:00 AM

I love this sunscreen/moisturiser combo! I have combination skin which runs combination/oily in the summer, and this is the first sunscreen which doesn't leave my skin with either a grey/white cast or feeling super greasy. It is as light as it says, does dry matte (doesn't make my skin look dull, just natural) and stays on all day - I've never burnt in this (note: I have medium skin and am not prone "lobstering" in the sun). The only slight drawback is the price - it's not cheap but it works well so I pay the money through slightly gritted teeth.

on 2/18/2017 12:55:00 PM

For once I though that maybe I have a sunscreen that will not turn me into an oil slick but nope! Broke me out like crazy. Not just small whiteheads but huge, red, painful bumps. For all the claims that Paula makes, she sure doesn't know how to formulate a product for acne prone skin. So much for ingredients talk.

However if you don't have acne prone skin but do have oily skin, you might want to give it a try.

on 1/19/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My another favorite product from PC! It is extremely easy to apply. Very very light, I cannot believe it's a mineral sunscreen! It corrects up my skin tone perfectly without drying too much -- unless you have eczema or flaky areas. My T zone stay super matte all day. And there has not been a single bump on my face after wearing it. Love it! It's even better than my all time favorite NARS because PC doesn't have fragrance in it, my sensitive skin goes along very well with fragrance free moisturizers.

on 11/18/2016 3:20:00 PM

Finally a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! For years, I've been looking for a good moisturizer with proper spf, but all the moisturizers with SPF or face sunscreens have broken me out or been too oily. I have combination skin that can get really oily from the T-zone with wrong moisturizer. However, this moisturizer actually mattifies my face and slightly tightens pores on my cheeks. The product is a very thin lotion that absorbs fast.

The moisturizer is tinted so it doesn't leave any whitecast. The colour works pretty well with my skintone (NC15, EL 1N1), but the pink undertones clash slightly with my neutral skin. Therefore, I use the product only under makeup.

The scent of the moisturizer is the only drawback. The product is supposed to be fragrance free, but it has a chemical smell. It's pretty strong and seems to attract insects in the summer, which is annoying. However, the scent hasn't given me any irritation. I have repurchased the product since it keeps my skin in good condition.

on 9/10/2016 6:20:00 AM

Hopefully I had a sample before purchasing it. It's too matifiying for me. I could see little lines on my face that I won't see with any other moisturizer (and don't forget this tends to be a moisturizer, and not a bb cream!) and my face felt a little bit dry. Also, my eyelids got really sticky when I closed my eyes...

This product is a good choice if you are avoiding chemicals uv filters (and also if you avoid that white cast of mineral sunscreens). But it didn't work for me... I wish I like it because it has really good ingredients.

If you have oily skin, you may like it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I suppose this is the closest I will get to strongly liking a Paula's Choice product. I've tried a bunch, this was my favorite.

Despite following the 1/4 tsp rule & avoiding the sun; I still wish this was SPF 50 rather than SPF 30. The price is pretty steep too because I pay about half for better protection from Asian brands. HOWEVER with my Rosacea, I began growing paranoid about what chemical UV filters could be doing to my skin. So I decided to search some more options. This P.C sunscreen is strictly zinc oxide (meaning physical UV filters). Zinc Oxide tends to be gentler on sensitive skin.

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense sunscreen is tinted. I am extremely pale leaning neutral. I match with MAC's NC10 at my darkest. This sunscreen is WAY too dark for me. It's about NW15-20. Initially I was either going to throw it away or save it for spray tans. Recently I read about pale girls wearing too-dark tinted sunscreen under their foundation & I was inspired to try this. My favorite foundation is super full coverage. It had no trouble covering this, because the coverage of the tint in the sunscreen is sheer. Perfect. ***If you are wondering why so many companies ruin formulations of physical SS by adding a tint, it's to avoid whitecast***

The antioxidants in this product should help boost the sun protection efficiency. I like that this was moisturizing enough to smooth out flakes & help my foundation glide on. It isn't thick, nor greasy. But what I liked more than that, was it dried to a demi-matte finish. I've always said that a good sunscreen is a good primer.

All in all this is a decent sunscreen. Now that I've worked past the god awful tint issue I'll probably repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For an SPF product, this gets a holy grail in my book. I have to be very very very careful what I put on my face. This is bonifide safe for your face if you have acne prone skin (at least mine and I try a lot). I can't see myself repurchasing a different SPF anytime soon.

It's my HG sunscreen, I used it almost 5 days a week as sunscreen / tinted moisturizer / foundation, it gives you the second skin look with sheer coverage on the skin, I love it so much that I always stock up extra one to two bottles at home. Love, love love!

on 6/4/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This sunscreen was too drying on my combination skin. It felt tight all day. Even if I moisturize before it isn't enough. Also I could see some 'tan' color on my face. Almost similar to the character 'Oompa Loompa'. The tint color definitely wasn't flattering on my skin, it didn't match my skin tone at all.

Definitely for oily to very oily skin or really resilient skin, because this can be very drying!

on 5/1/2016 12:44:00 PM

i don't know what to believe anymore.

see this was my HG sunscreen. it mattifies my oily face, it has a slight tint that brightens my face, and somehow blurs imperfections. i just really loved it.

until i read this:

and found out that in a study, they found out that palmitic acid in skin care, while it's good for making vitamin c get absorbed, is "catastrophic" to the skin once exposed to the sun.

and i saw "Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate" on the ingredients. which is another term for ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate.

so now i'm legitimately spooked and am now on the hunt for a new hg sunscreen