Philip Kingsley Moisture Extreme Shampoo

No Image

4.2

Aqua(water), TEA-Laurel Sulfate, Laurel Betaine, Sodium Cocoabuteramphoacetate, Betaine, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Stearyl Dihydroxypropyldimonium Oligosaccharides, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Amaranth Protein, Polyquaternium-10, Bis (C13-15 Alkoxy) PG Amodimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Perfume (fragrance), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylsothiazolinone, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Benzyl Salicylate.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I honestly don't know why I waited so long to try this. It's the BEST, especially after the Elasticizer treatment. Only used it one but it is a HG to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I m really confused by this item . The shampoo and conditioner. I'm hair & cosmetics junkie , have tried nearly all from dirt cheap by $$ salon brands . In the past i use to love Kerastase and used for quite a long time. Then something change either the brand or my hair. I cant use now this brand , my hair keep falling from it and looks dull.
Then i move for quite a time to Joico (tried all the brand) the only one i quite liked was and still the Moisture Recovery . But because i always keep trying / buying new staffs to try i end up buying thise as well.
I started with this brand buying the Moisture Balancing line ( as my hair is FINE and dry , as well as i m highlighting roots every 5 weeks / no hot tools or such ) - didnt like it.
Then tried the new Re-Moisturising line - same results . I insisted trying on this brand as i like the Elasticizer. And i finally tried the Moisture -Extreme line .
I didnt try first this as i have fine hair and didnt want something heavy but the balancing or re-moisturizing wasnt enought so i decide to try this as my last option .
Well i do not like it either BUT the odd thing is that my hair looks better from when i use it.
This is why i m confused.
I hate the feel of this shampoo on my hair while washing. Dont leather good at all. Then i feel like i cant wash it out of my hair. And last my hair dont look great ones dry out.
BUT i have used nearly whole the bottles as i AGAIN spend money on full sized products and what i notice is that my hair do feel much more softer and like i have double much hair.
Also something that i never give attention before was that my scalp feel better. I dont know how to explain all this. But in short is that i hate to wash with this , can't wash it out , and hair looks not as good as normally ones dry .... BUT with the time i used this line my hair is looks healthier ??
VERY ODD
i wont buy again tho :-( as i feel uncomfortable using it. Back to Joico

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Being Asian, and having ringlets means that my hair often becomes dry, and in humid conditions, frizzy. I learned years ago that high-street shampoos just wouldnt do it for my hair, and so began the search for a high-end shampoo that smelled good, and delivered what it promised on the packaging by actually moisturising my hair.

Thinking back, I cringe when remembering the amount of money Ive spent over the years on salon shampoos that promised great results for dry and curly hair. There isnt a salon brand Ive not tried, but all fell flat by either covering my hair in a plastic coating that did nothing for it, merely making more of my hair fall out, making it oily and lank, or even worse, all those things plus smelling like mud. I resorted to having deep conditioning treatments at the hairdressers and putting on liberal amounts of Moroccan Oil treatment as a means of managing it, but this wasnt a solution.

Last year, a friend also with curly hair, suggested I take a look at the Philip Kingsley range of shampoos. She pointed out that Philip Kingsley was a trichhologist by trade and if anyone could produce a decent shampoo that moisturised at the same time, it would be him.

To be polite, I looked up the Philip Kingsley website, which like so many others, promised the world and then some, if only you used their products. Their credentials did boast a number of trichologists however, though at the time, this merely made me more sceptical about their claims.

With my usual thought of There goes another 36 down the drain I ordered the smaller versions of the Philip Kingsley Extreme Moisture Shampoo and conditioner, fully prepared for them to produce the usual results of making my hair look like the business end of a washing up brush. After all, I was out of all other options at the time, having just finished with offerings from Aveda and MOP which were worse than useless.

Results
I knew Id stumbled on something special the moment I rinsed off the shampoo in the shower. It rinsed away easily, leaving no residue, other than a pleasant smell of perfumed clean hair. My hair didnt tangle, was light and clean, but most importantly, wasnt brittle as was usually the case after washing.

The conditioner merely enhanced this by softening the hair a bit more. It too washed out easily, leaving my hair light and bouncy.

In wonder, I dried my hair, fully expecting the moisturising properties of the shampoo and conditioner to fade away once my hair was dry. They didnt, leaving my hair soft and manageable without the need for half a bottle of Moroccan Oil treatment to moisturise it.

The next time I washed my hair it was the same, and the next etc. With each wash I expected my hair to be brittle and snap, but instead it was light, full of moisture and healthy. It grew more quickly and shone, causing family and friends to remark on its lustre.

The real test for me came at my next hairdressers appointment two months later. My hairdresser, well used to my unruly locks, took one look at my hair and asked wow, what are you using on it? It looks lovely. She wasnt too pleased that it was a Philip Kingsley product that had wrought this miracle, considering she sold Bumble and Bumble products many of which Id bought in my endless quest to get a decent shampoo, but happy that Id finally found a product that worked for me. Needless to say, I stopped the deep conditioning treatments from there on in, and have been using this shampoo for the last year with wonderful results.

The Bottom Line
This shampoo is an absolute godsend for anyone who has curly hair. It cleans and moisturises, genuinely doing what it says on the packaging, without weighing the hair down. Maybe the fact that Philip Kingsley is a trichologist, has a bearing on it after all. For me, it is worth every penny and Id not be without it.

on 10/22/2013 4:19:00 AM

The name says it all. Moisture Extreme is no exaggeration, this is hands-down the most moisturizing shampoo I've ever used in my life. And it still provides a thorough cleansing, my hair doesn't feel coated or weighed down in the least after I rinse it out.

This stuff is fabulous, and the scent is heavenly too. Very light and perfume-y. Doesn't linger though, not overpowering at all. It breaks my heart that this costs so much, but it is a very high-quality product and you get what you pay for, so...

This is my go-to shampoo for when I want to pamper my hair. LUXURIOUS! Would definitely buy again :-)

on 8/10/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This shampoo is the best shampoo I have ever used. I have started washing my hair twice a week with this because its so moisturising. it leaves my hair clean without feeling stripped. I also like that I can somewhat detangle my hair with the shampoo in my hair. It works really well with the conditioner from the same line.

Edit: since i got my hair relaxed my scalp seems a lot oilier and i find this shampoo causes build up on my hair.