Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Waterproof

2.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first Bourjois product I ever tried, and based on this- I am unimpressed. First of all: Apperance (Let's not fool ourselves, this is most important) -Do not get me started on this formula and or brush has caused my lashes to become a casualty of spider legs! Not only that, but uneven rough looking ones that makes it look llike every lash is a different length. With that said: This
mascara is perfect for one day of the year: Halloween. Only. Moving along, I have a frugal side and since I did not get this at Sephora, I doubt I would be Able to return this used product, like I do with mascaras I am not crazy about, I want to use up the product and not look my best for a while. This is the first time I am considering just ditching the tube and move on since it so dry on the lashes after a while of using it (I do not remember how long I have been using this but I didn't use it right away, and I have a mascara lineup of about five. Bottom line, don't buy this unless you are so desperate that this is the only mascara available in store, or you were given this as a gift (in that case regift to some poor unsuspecting soul ;)

on 8/9/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this as I really liked the Bourjois Volume Glamour mascara and thought this was essentially the waterproof version of that, but it's not. I didn't really register the 'max' in the product title, but I'm assuming that it refers to the big, rounded brush which is slightly unwieldy and reminds me a little of Prestige's My Biggest Lashes. This was mascara was adequately black and waterproof. It didn't flake and smudge. It is a volumising mascara and does a decent job although nothing standout. I found - as with most waterproof formulations - that the mascara dried out quite quickly. I found this gave an enhanced natural look if that's what you're after. I wasn't sufficiently impressed by this to buy it again. For a natural-ish look, I'd rather use the regular Volume Glamour.