Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Waterproof

Price: $

on 3/1/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So, it seems I'm the only one who really likes this mascara..? I bought this after sampling it with the holiday version (see my review for that). It's as close to the perfect waterproof mascara as I can get, although I have very high hopes for the announced Le Volume de Chanel waterproof one, which will come out any minute now :), for being HG material. Have bought this Bourjois one several times now, and as I said, I'm fairly happy with it. It gives good volume, doesn't clump, and it really stays put. I cycle to work, run and exercise a lot, it has never ever let me down. Also the price is excellent, 13 euros on its own, but I buy it in 2 for 1 or 40% discount sales all the time. So all in all, I don't know why y'all don't like it, but I most definitely DO :)!

on 8/9/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this as I really liked the Bourjois Volume Glamour mascara and thought this was essentially the waterproof version of that, but it's not. I didn't really register the 'max' in the product title, but I'm assuming that it refers to the big, rounded brush which is slightly unwieldy and reminds me a little of Prestige's My Biggest Lashes. This was mascara was adequately black and waterproof. It didn't flake and smudge. It is a volumising mascara and does a decent job although nothing standout. I found - as with most waterproof formulations - that the mascara dried out quite quickly. I found this gave an enhanced natural look if that's what you're after. I wasn't sufficiently impressed by this to buy it again. For a natural-ish look, I'd rather use the regular Volume Glamour.