Maybelline dusk

Maybelline dusk

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I remember having this a while back and it was pretty good! It has a nice cream shade and a smokey taupe shade that is perfect for the crease or outer corner. It's perfect for people who don't like to be too complicated with their makeup looks and like a natural eyeshadow look. It was a nice smokey eye look with little to no effort needed. I would love to buy more of these if I could find them! These might of been discontinued but I'm not sure.

on 2/18/2015 10:12:00 AM

This is a nice little duo! I am fair and cool toned, but with red hair/green eyes. The taupe shade in this duo pulls quite purple on me and makes my eyes look even greener. Full out purple shadows make me look a little bruised or tired, so this purpley taupe does what I want from a purple shadow but without the bruised look. I am the lone dissenter, and I like the balance of the two colors. I use the pale pink as a wash from lash to brow, and then the taupe in the outer V and the crease. Keeping the inner corner the pale pink makes my eyes look bigger and more youthful.

on 3/16/2014 12:31:00 AM

ExpertWear Eye Shadow Duo in Dusk:
The case has a safety tag which says: Chic Naturals 65D Dusk

This is a nifty little duo that is serving me well! The shadow quality is high, nicely pigmented and has long staying power. I can't remember why I bought this, whether it was for the soft matte pink for highlighting or a wash, or the pretty taupe that is a matte but not flat looking. I think I may have bought it for something simple to use in a daily rush without having to think about it, and no chance of getting too glittery or shiny.

What I'm loving it for now is using the taupe as eyebrow powder! Applied with an angled eyeliner brush, it works perfectly in filling in the sparse areas and extending to the end for a soft, natural look. The powder lasts throughout the day, including taking naps. I don't do my eyebrows up for night sleeping, so I can't say it would last throughout a full night's sleep, and that would depend on your face-to-pillow habits anyway. But it has withstood mopping my forehead with a tissue in the heat.

If you're looking for a taupe brown shadow to use for a brow powder and can't find one in the official brow powder boxes, I would highly recommend this. The brown is totally neutral and does not pull red. Then you have a cool to neutral toned soft ivory pink for highlighting, which goes great with any of the purple shadows and, of course, browns you might want to use.

The current retail price is $4.50 and Walmart has it for $3.94. Maybelline is on sale frequently at drugstores, so if there's a special going on, you might look out for this.

I would definitely repurchase this and use it just for the merits of having a perfect eyebrow powder on hand always.

on 5/20/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really am happy with newer formula Maybelline eye shadows. So far all I tried I am pleased with. Dusk has the perfect medium taupe shade for me. The larger square is a matte pale rose shade which is a good blending color. I use the taupe all over lid. Quality matte shadows are hard to find so I love the matte texture of these. My only issue is that I agree with another reviewer that I wish the taupe shade was the larger square rather than the rose. i like the rose but use the taupe more. Great daytime shadow.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I picked up this duo just for kicks. They are so cheap and I don't own any of the old school Maybelline duos. Dusk caught my eye right away because of the cool tones. Dusk has a cool baby pink shade on one side which is a highlight shade and a real cool taupe color on the other which is the lid shade. The taupe isn't silvery like say MAC's Satin Taupe, it has more of a pinky mauve mixed with grey in it. Love the taupe in this duo. Both shades are smooth and pigmented. I even used this duo w/o a primer and the shadows stayed on pretty decently (over 5 hours). I'm happy as a clam with this duo.

This product is an eyeshadow with dual pans (2 colors). There is 75% of a very light ivory pink color and 25% of a neutral taupish grey color. The proportions in this little palette is all wrong. The light pink is so hard to work with as the only thing it can really be used for is a brow highlight so you only need very little of this color. The taupie grey color is a nice color for depth and smoke and very easy to work with which means they have this palette backwards. There should be more of the grey color rather than the pink. These 2 shades are not that pigmented and I like to work with them separately, not together.