BeneFit Cosmetics Rockateur

BeneFit Cosmetics Rockateur

4.5

on 2/11/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought Benefit Rockateur when the blush was first released because it was a "treat yo'self" day and God knows I need another blush. I hit pan on it this week which would be more impressive if I didn't own this for three years (but if you could see my blush collection maybe it would be impressive). This is the first blush I have hit pan on, I think that says a lot for the love I have for this product.

The GOOD: I really love the colour and texture of the blush. Rockateur is a great as an everyday blush or as a blush for when you don't know what blush to wear. The colour is a rosy apricot with plum sheen and bright micro glitter sparkle. The blush is luminous without relying on heavy glitter. There is no glitter migration here.

The BAD: The blush is average on the blush scale of how long they last which isn't surprising based on the texture. This really feels like a hybrid between the basic high end blush and a mineralized blush. It lasts longer than a mineralized blush but it won't be holding out like an Instain blush.

The UGLY: The packaging is hideous. I think this is preference but most people agree. I don't necessarily mind the box style blushes. I find they travel better and when they start to become a crumble mess its still easy and clean to use. The lace and the croc on the other hand... the only thing it is good for is finding it in my collection.

The BOTTOM LINE: I know I am late to the game but if your reading this so are you. This is top three HG blush for me and I think it could be for you too ;)

on 1/1/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty blush, not as shimmery as it seems but for me that's a good thing. I bought it because of the hype on youtube and everyone raving about it and I do have to admit that it kindve let me down. It is a good product no doubt about that, its just not what I had hoped for. Maybe my hopes where just too high. In saying that I would most probably repurchase. The packaging is beautiful and it leaves a nice subtle but buildable wash of an almost peachy sort of pink colour. The brush that it comes with however I do not recommend using as I find the bristles to be quite hard but however does make the blush more pigmented on the skin.

Absolutely gorgeous burnt rose blush. Works for almost any occasion. It gives a nice sheen without being too sparkly or shimmery.

on 8/1/2016 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wear Mac NC20. This burnt rose gold blush is something I like to wear in summer or for evenings only. It's pretty, but it's darker than what I normally like to wear. It's also darker than what my cheeks really would look like, if I was blushing. It's almost a color shade between a blush and bronzer, to be honest. Some people might like the bronzey look, but my personal preference is for a blush to look more like blush.

The sheen isn't over the top, but it's not matte either. It's more like a glowy sort of look, plus it doesn't make my pores look big (unlike Nars O*). It's very finely milled. Decent pigmentation, better than Dandelion.

My personal opinion is that if I run out, I wouldn't repurchase but buy something a little less brown. I also think those with a warm complexion, and probably just a bit darker than NC20 would look the best with this blush - because I think it would pull more rose, rather than brown. (Unless it's your preference for that bronzy look).

I gave this 4 stars because I think other people might like it. However, for my own complexion, this is a very average product; in my arsenal of 14 blushes, the last time I used this blush was over a year ago. I prefer Lancome's Blush Subtil Shimmer to this - Miel Glace 23 - which looks less bronzy but gives an extremely natural looking glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been using this nonstop for the past month of so. Love this!!!! some may use it as a highlighter, I use it for blush.

If you want that "perfect skin" glow, this is a must!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The first Blush i have hit pan on. I'm not really a huge Blush person, but this one just keeps amazing me. Every time i put it on, im shocked at how pretty and natural it looks. Its like that perfect sunkissed look. What i really like is that it has some golden glow to it, and when i say glow, i dont mean glitter. There is no glitter at all, just that perfect luminous look. Instantly gives your face an extra oomph!

on 6/21/2016 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best blush I have ever owned full stop. Great colour, great packaging and a little goes a long way. My friend had been using it for ages before I finally got it and I was always saying every time I saw her how amazing her blusher was. I'm happy it suits my skin tone too :) It is a little pricey but I don't mind the price if it lasts me awhile.

on 5/11/2016 10:03:00 AM

Finally I have found a blush that gives a small amount of shimmer, not glitter, and is a great colour, my skin can be quite pale but I wear fake tan and I go on regular holidays, this product can be worn with all skin tones, nice texture doesn't clog skin nor show up any large pores

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love how the color would work with most of my makeup looks, or even whenever I don't know which color would look best I would just reach for this one. I don't mind the packaging bc the color last all day on my face so I don't really need to carry the bulky box around with me.

I've always wanted to try something from benefit and I know that their primers are often raved about. I was actually looking for a blush that is neutral in colour but suitable for everyday wear and for when you create dramatic looks and want to have minimal colour on the cheeks. I was stuck between rockateur and dallas and being medium skinned, didn't know which one to pick.

In the end I chose rockateur just because the packaging was prettier (I'm a sucker for cute and kitschy packaging - what can I say?). I love this blush and it has become one of my fave blushes - I use this everyday. It's a very versatile blush which goes with any kind of look, whether it be dramatic or neutral. It's not matte but it's not shimmery either. It just gives a healthy sheen/glow to the skin. It's a very natural blush which adds just a hint of colour to mimic a natural flush. It looks so natural on the skin that you honestly cannot tell if you have blush on or if it's just a natural flush. I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation which acts as a good base and helps to prolong any makeup on top of it, so I don't usually have any issues with longevity. That being said, with normal foundations or bb creams I do see that it doesn't seem to last as long. It doesn't fade in a patchy way though, rather it fades evenly and the colour kind of dims (that's the best way I can describe it).

The blush is not super pigmented, but personally I like that as I can go in with a heavy hand and still not look like a clown at the end. The product blends out so seamlessly and almost becomes part of the skin. I do find the price to be kind of steep and whilst the packaging is beautiful, it's not exactly ideal or compact to bring in your handbag for touchups which kind of sucks and which is why I took two lippies off.

Overall - do i think this product is worth it? Hell yes! The price may be steep and the packaging annoying, but I honestly have not found a blush quite like this in terms of colour and formulation. I do think this blush is universal and will suit most light to medium (maybe even darker?) skintones.

I also bought dallas because I just couldn't help myself. Both dallas and rockateur are those natural, no blush colour blushes but dallas leans more on the browny side (without being bronzy) whilst rockateur is more of that browny/pinky flush. Personally, I would recommend rockateur over dallas. Just because rockateur is more versatile and literally goes with any look or lipsticks. I only tend to reach for dallas when I go for a more vampy/darker lip colour or a more dramatic browny/grey or cool toned makeup look.