BeneFit Cosmetics Rockateur

BeneFit Cosmetics Rockateur

4.5

on 8/15/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a bronzer, blush and highlight, so you get 3 products in one for just under 10 dollars each.. The color is gorgeous, you will feel like a bronzed movie star. You will not regret this.

on 7/12/2017 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The perfect combination of a blush and bronzer! Beautiful shimmer that adds the perfect amount of highlight. I'm onto my second already.

A HG product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is beautiful. Period. My all time fave blush. Not the most pigmented, but buildable pigmentation. I find after 3 swipes, I get a beautiful pink-satin blush that looks like I'm-Lit-From-Within. It's just a beautiful blush, looks really beautiful on medium skin ... Texture is creamy not dusty or chalky.... Longevity is pretty good, still looks okay after 7 hours wear...and then will fade after. I just love how this looks on my skin..Love!

on 7/11/2017 6:56:00 PM

Got this thing on a whim. Had no idea I'd fall in love with it. I use it almost as a bronzer, which is odd but I feel it works. It's a beautiful rosey/shimmery color that suits my skin tone very well. This blush in particular (maybe because it's shimmery) has a unique formula compared to other blushes. It's very creamy and because of this it glides beautiful onto my skin. I absolutely love this stuff and even though it's pricey, I feel like it lasts a long time. It also smells lovely (cotton candy-ish) in the pan. I don't smell it once I apply it. It's probably my favorite shade from their line, by far.

on 4/24/2017 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I went into Ulta set on buying Galifornia then I swatched it and realized it probably wasn't the color for me. I swatched Rockateur and it is perfect! It is a golden rosy shade that's hard to describe. It has just the right amount of shimmer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Rockateur is the only Benefit boxed blush that I own, but I have tried others in the past. I really do not like the packaging or the brush that is included, but the product itself is nice. On my skin, Rockateur is a very shimmery rosey not-quite-nude brown. It blends nicely into the skin and doesn't look like it is too much, even though it is nearly metallic. I wear this on days I want a more in-your-face blush paired with more minimal neutral/nude makeup. The texture is nice and it isn't gritty in spite of being so shimmery. I also find that on me it doesn't emphasize texture, but to be fair I don't have a ton of texture in my cheeks anyway. Some very shimmery products can seek out and show you texture you never even knew you had, but this blush doesn't. Overall I will continue to use what I have, but if it ever runs out I will not repurchase because Benefit is not cruelty free.

on 2/27/2017 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS BLUSH!! I've long been a fan of Dallas so I'm aware of the quality of benefit's blushes. I picked up both this shade and Coralista. Out of the two, this one is far superior, in my opinion. The shade is kind of a hybrid of dusty rose/rose gold/mauve colors. It's absolutely stunning on the skin and the pigmentation is perfect - just enough to show up on my NC25-30 skin without going overboard. It would take quite a bit of effort to have clown cheeks with this product. There is a slight sheen to the finish, but it's not glittery or chunky, so you can still add a highlighter if so desired. I applied with both my It Cosmetics angled blush brush and the RT blush brush - both gorgeous. I highly recommend this shade and if I ever hit pan, I will definitely repurchase!

on 2/11/2017 1:36:00 PM

I bought Benefit Rockateur when the blush was first released because it was a "treat yo'self" day and God knows I need another blush. I hit pan on it this week which would be more impressive if I didn't own this for three years (but if you could see my blush collection maybe it would be impressive). This is the first blush I have hit pan on, I think that says a lot for the love I have for this product.

The GOOD: I really love the colour and texture of the blush. Rockateur is a great as an everyday blush or as a blush for when you don't know what blush to wear. The colour is a rosy apricot with plum sheen and bright micro glitter sparkle. The blush is luminous without relying on heavy glitter. There is no glitter migration here.

The BAD: The blush is average on the blush scale of how long they last which isn't surprising based on the texture. This really feels like a hybrid between the basic high end blush and a mineralized blush. It lasts longer than a mineralized blush but it won't be holding out like an Instain blush.

The UGLY: The packaging is hideous. I think this is preference but most people agree. I don't necessarily mind the box style blushes. I find they travel better and when they start to become a crumble mess its still easy and clean to use. The lace and the croc on the other hand... the only thing it is good for is finding it in my collection.

The BOTTOM LINE: I know I am late to the game but if your reading this so are you. This is top three HG blush for me and I think it could be for you too ;)

on 4/11/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Swatching Rockateur left me unimpressed but - boy oh boy - does it ever look beautiful on the cheeks!
The neutral burnt rose shade looks very natural on my fair skin but the blush lends more glow and sculpting to my cheeks than actual color. Hard to overdo, applies very smoothly and blends well. I find it very versatile, goes well with almost anything, there's no glitter and longevity is amazing; all day and beyond. Call me impressed.

on 3/7/2017 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know there's a lot of good blush out there but I only get one in Benefit because it is easy to use. I am no pro so the brush that comes in the box is okay with me, the box size is just right to put in my everyday small purse. In short, this one is very convenient, no fuss blush for me.

I love the shade too, great for everyday use and last longer even on my acidic skin.

I am giving it a 3 star because the price is a bit steep although a box can lost a lifetime and you have to apply twice to make it noticeable.