Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid ExfoliantSkin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol (slip agents/penetration enhancers), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (anti-irritant/antioxidant), Polysorbate-20 (solubolizing agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancer), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a good basic leave on exfoliant. I love Paula’s Choice products for their simplicity. And that’s what this is. It’s a thin liquid, it absorbs quickly into the skin. Makeup applies easily on top of it. I can use it every day without irritation or peeling but I’d start with every other day if you are new to this kind of product. I am not currently using it but I have in the past and may go back to it. This bottle lasts forever so it’s a very cost effective option.

on 12/23/2018 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

It always trips me out when a highly praised product lives up to the hype but I am blown away by how well this stuff works. I've not had great success with salicylic acid products in the past. I was skeptical, but this is now in my HG list of products. I noticed results the first week out and it has performed consistently till the last drop and it lasted for months. I apply a few drops to a cotton oval and go over my face in the morning. I've used this daily for months and it has not irritated my sometimes sensitive combination acne prone skin. The results have been amazing, especially because my pores have been an issue for years and this stuff really makes a difference in making my skin look smoother, pores less visible, even skin tone, few to zero breakouts at all and refreshed. I don't like to wear makeup daily and this product has gone a long way to not needing it. First time trying and rarely am I this impressed with a product's performance, but I'm going to repurchase it soon! The price is awesome considering how well it performs. Drunk Elephant and other brands are way more expensive and don't perform as well imo. I'm clearing out my skincare cabinet so I have to move on to a Peter Thomas Roth product, so we will see how much I miss it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent. Really worked to make my pores smaller on my cheeks. The key is to put it on at night underneath your serum and "night cream" and not wear it during the day - in my opinion.

Everyone wants and raves a out this product. It work well for a lot to people, but for me it makes my makeup looks like it's separating into my pores. If I didn't wear makeup ever them I would continue to use it. It does make my skin flake if used daily and my skin is not dry at all to begin with . If you're curious give it a try. You can buy a sample bottle which can last you a week or 2.

on 11/25/2018 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's gonna make you dependent on itself, I mean, after use it so many times. You should spend detox time for your skin.

on 10/12/2018 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this every night for 2 weeks and yuk!! My super oily skin is now covered in bumps and spots (I'm 53 and only break out occasionally) I also seem far more oily, my foundation is sliding off after a couple of hours.
To be honest, I'd like to give a recommendation to all you young 'oilies' out there - stop wasting your money! I've spent the last 38 years and probably thousands of pounds on products for oily skin that just don't work. The only thing that ever had an effect was a contraceptive pill containing an anti-androgen which GPs in the UK won't prescribe over the age of 40, so here I am again clutching at straws, buying products that I know won't work (desperation :/)
Oily skin is down to genetics and hormones - so......hormonal preparations are the only things that work to stem the flow of oil from the inside - NOTHING you put on your skin will stop the oil from spewing out, cosmetic products may absorb or dry the oil on the surface to some degree but they cause their own problems!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has been a truly life-saving product for me and I have already gone through one bottle and repurchased. After I stopped taking accutane about 5 months ago, I started having normal skin again (as opposed to the perfect angel skin I had near the end) and I got a few clogged pores. This was the first thing I tried, knowing that BHA always worked well for me pre-acne. It worked like a charm! Anytime I get a slight clogged pore, this clears it up basically overnight like it never even happened! And I haven't had nearly as many since I started using this too. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Lovely product - I can see why it's a cult favorite. After months of usage, it cleared the stubborn blackheads on my nose and has prevented/cleared out any other breakups. It also just feels nice on the skin. Don't expect overnight results, I didn't see changes for a couple months. Also, I recommend letting it dry before layering anything else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product after all the rave reviews and thought it might be able to replace my Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion that is now sadly discontinued. Unfortunately after lots of testing of this product I've set it aside and plan to (maybe) use it on my chest just to use it up. Firstly the texture is incredibly greasy which is very off putting. I like my liquid products to at least partly absorb so I can layer serums/ moisturisers over the top. This was very oily and never seemed to really sink in which made layering quite hard. I found myself avoiding using this and would reach for another toner that was more cosmetically elegant. The other issue I had (even when only using twice a week) was the ugly flakiness this gave me. I have not had that issue with any other product - maybe the salicylic acid is just too concentrated for me but it made my skin peel and flake under my make up even days after discontinuing use.

Overall I can't recommend this even though it seems to work for many others. Still on the hunt for a fragrance free BHA lotion.

on 7/20/2018 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product for 2 years now so I think I can give it a true review. I purchased in a set from QVC on auto delivery. The set included two of this product, a moisturizer and a retinol treatment. I was impressed with the entire set, but have found less expensive moisturizers and retinol products so this is the only item I have repurchased. This truly cleans out pores and greatly reduced the size! My husband has had a blackhead on his chest for years -- it's big and very indented and therefore hard to extract. I use this on him once at night and it is amazing to see the difference. The blackhead is no longer there and the pore size has greatly reduced. As for myself, I used this twice a day when I first got it and noticed some minor peeling/flaking around the eye area. Paula says you can use this around eyes (just not on lids). The flaking went away pretty fast and my pores have NEVER been this small and clean! I use this as my first step now after cleansing at night. I'm happy that Nordstrom offers this during their annual sale at a twofer price. I bought two sets last year and purchased another two sets today. Paula "sales" never seem like too much of a sale to me, so I happy with this deal. For reference, I'm about to be 64 and have slightly dry, more combo skin this time of year and it's a little drier in the Winter. No real wrinkles, just fine laugh lines.