Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid ExfoliantSkin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol (slip agents/penetration enhancers), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (anti-irritant/antioxidant), Polysorbate-20 (solubolizing agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancer), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Life changing for bumps, acne!!!!!!!! Cant rave enough about this made me so much smoother 88% less bumps i would say, might need a stronger bha/ vitamin A for the more stubborn ones

on 5/19/2017 10:13:00 PM

This helped with my blackheads a bit, usually a couple days after using a clay mask my nose gets bumpy again but this definitely got rid of that.. so naturally it did help with my pores around my nose, however it did not get rid of all blackheads, just helped to calm them down a bit

In terms of the acne on my cheeks, it did not help, I found that it aggravated it a bit and dried it out over time.. I will continue to use only on my t-zone

If you want to try it out, feel free to use my link for $10 off first order

on 5/18/2017 4:01:00 PM

I use a lot of actives and acids and really didn't think I needed to incorporate BHA into my routine. I mean, acids eating away at the gunk in your pores are all the same, right? Turns out they're NOT.

I did not know that my skin hated fatty alcohols until very recently. It had been looking on point due to my finely tuned skin care regimen: no acne and a nice glow, but I was getting sooooo many blackheads and I didn't know why. (Fatty alcohols.) The condition of my pores was stressing me out tbh. So, thanks to a couple of nice ladies on the skincare board, I cut out all products I was using that had fatty alcohols and decided to try this product, since apparently BHA is the acid that eats away at oils and clears out pores vs. just chemically exfoliating. The more you know.

I saw a difference literally overnight. Now, after a couple of weeks, my blackhead problem is basically nil. I mean, I still get them, they will forever be my nemesis, but it's a normal situation now, not the dotted crater orange peel face one I was dealing with previously.

This does dry my skin out and make it flake if I overdo it (which I did at first), so now I use it every other night, alternating with retinol. I use it right after my Lotion P50 to get the right pH for it to be as effective as it can possibly be and I follow up w/ the Ordinary's Vit C and rose hip oil. It has a sticky liquidy texture and I don't eff with wearing it under makeup. I got this on sale for about $20, which is a decent price for its worthiness imo. I think it'll last a while, too.

In summary, this product delivered like a boss and I am forever indebted to whoever suggested BHA to me.

There is a reason why people rave about this product This is a light weight BHA (Salicylic acid) chemical exfoliant that targets clogged pores, blackheads and pimples. It is gentle enough to use every day, and it works well to gradually unclog pores and reduce acne over time. For me personally, I have seen the blackheads (sebaceous filaments) on my nose reduce drastically, and the ones that are left are easy to extract manually. There is no question that I will keep using this product and hope that it is never discontinued. If you live in Australia and are making your first puchase, you can use this code to get a $15 discount:

on 5/5/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I can't say enough: this stuff is MIRACULOUS. Last year I turned 25 and have battled with my skin for over 14 years. I have an olive skin tone, it is dry and I've had problems with acne, eczema, you name it. My acne was so bad; red, inflamed, bumpy, painful, and impossible to get rid of. For years I tried just about any treatment that you could think of, from accutane and antibiotics to coconut oil and African black soap. I tried different diets, vitamins, proactiv, nothing at all. If you had told me that battery acid would fix it, I would have slapped some on my skin around the clock.

In the summer of 2015 I came upon a regimen that cleared it up 85%, and resigned myself to always having some discoloration and at least a few pimples at all times. I've also always had some issues with skin-picking, so a small blemish can become quite large.

After one particularly horrific breakout and skin-picking session 7 months ago, I was desperately searching online for something that would fix my blackheads and found this product. After about a week of using it, I noticed that my skin was actually smooth in some spots that usually have some bumps. I continued using it for a few months and realized that my skin was about 95% clear. Instead of staring at my face and crying, I was spending time examining it closely simply admiring how it looked. As of today, May 5th, 2017, my skin is completely clear. I never thought I would be able to go without makeup, but here we are.
If you are at the end of your rope and feel that you've tried everything, I would advise you to try this stuff. I use it with Sanitas products. For the price, this is well worth it, and I would honestly pay double what I do for it because it works so well. It also lasts FOREVER, so you're not wasting money. It's easy to use, non-drying, and fits right in with any skincare regimen. The only downside is that it kind of smells like nail polish, but that's a very small price to pay here. My skin is very sensitive, and this does not irritate it at all. I could go on and on about how wonderful it is, but I'm sure you get the point. 5/5 10/10 A++, whatever! It's amazing and I would recommend it to everyone.

on 5/5/2017 5:01:00 AM

One of the best products ever created. I have suffered from acne for many years and couldn't find a way to get my skin back to normal. This was a game changer... I bought the small bottle to test the PC brand out, the hype everywhere was too much for me and I never trust things that are to hyped on YouTube as well, because I feel I need to be able to feel the product myself. Being an online brand I was cautious. If you're thinking about PC products don't hesitate anymore, this product was the start of a long term love affair with many other PC products.

The BHA liquid is as it says a skin perfecting liquid. I put it on every second morning and it keeps my pores clear, skin smooth and the clarity of my skin is evident. I feel it helps me stop having blocked pores (black heads are a bit more high maintenance for me so I use a retinol for that) and thus has reduced my breakouts considerably.

I continue to buy this and find a bottle lasts 8 months to a year. I use it like an essence where you pour some out in your hand and pat into skin. Works like a charm and I don't waste any product (Yay!).

on 4/28/2017 4:38:00 PM

This caused closed comedones and white heads for me. It may be possible that my skin was purging, but I don't have time to deal with that when AHA works wonders on my drier skin. I don't blame the product, nor can I say it is great, as my skin does not respond well to BHAs in general. I always struggle to give an amount of lippies to products like this, as I suspect it is me and my skin, not the product itself. I am writing this review to warn that BHA may not work for you. I would recommend getting the sample size, as I suspect that some people may be more likely respond to AHA or BHA.

on 4/22/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have repurchased this multiple times, and a bottle lasts a long time. I have older Asian combination skin which does well with BHA, AHA and retinoids. This normalizes my dry skin areas; doesn't wreck havoc on my oiler t zone and seems to help the PC 8% glycolic reduce bumpiness and improve texture. I am prone to dry patches, hives and milia and this does not irritate. In fact I think this helps with the milia. No flaking or break outs. For me, this is gentle enough to use daily, but I probably end up using a small amount every other day. I find that the instructions on these products encourage too frequent usage. If i apply too much, it is a bit sticky. In comparison to other skin care lines (I am thinking specifically of Biologique Recherche P50 and related BR products, Paula's choice is a relatively odor free, effective, simple and well priced). Agree with some reviewers below that this may not work as well on oily skin, but it helps balance my combination skin. I am a fan of PC BHA and AHA products which I think are well priced and generally effective. Less so of her retinoids, but I do use them.

on 4/16/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the idea behind Paula's Choice products. They used to mean simple is better. And I used to salute her investigative forays into the mysteries of brand name makeups and skin care products. Alas, I've tried several items in her line and none of them work for me anymore. While this BHA made my skin less red, I used it for a long while and it broke my skin out with cystic acne. I tried it twice and gave it up. I have friends who swear by it and I'm envious because obviously for some people it's a miracle product. Unfortunately, the products from this line that I used to love, the Barely There TM, the blush, the face wash and moisturizer for combination skin and the body creams are now loaded with tons of ingredients that set my skin into a spiral of irritation. What happened to the original philosophy of this line?

on 4/16/2017 3:12:00 PM

This product is great for reducing acne scarring and helping your skin resurface. You have to use it regularly though, I cannot stress that enough. the way i apply it I cleanse my skin then spread this stuff across my hands (no cotton pad, it only absorbs and wastes product). I apply it all over my face and wait for it to dry. Once it is dry, I apply a serum and moisturizer. After several weeks, my complexion was brighter and my scars were less noticeable. I recommend using this with the vitamin C concentrate from Paula as well, if you suffer from pretty bad scars like I do.

If you want 10$, just use this code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX