Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol (slip agents/penetration enhancers), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (anti-irritant/antioxidant), Polysorbate-20 (solubolizing agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancer), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent).

I have been using this product for years. It takes several weeks to really notice how well it works. You must be patient. Since this is the strongest BHA formula, it would have the potential to create breakouts if your skin is inflamed or becomes dry and irritated initially before adapting. The excellence of this product really came to my attention recently after an abnormal, horrible, horrible reaction to some new products and I had the worst breakout of my entire life. This product along with the 5% PC BP product have almost cleared my skin after 3+ weeks. This is an excellent product and an excellent value that I'm very grateful that Paula manufactures. I would use it forever and feel confident that I could live out the rest of my days without breakouts, except that I do want to have a baby and I'm not sure that I can use this product while pregnant. For $10 off your first purchase with Paula's Choice follow the link https://goo.gl/NnSUXT Discount applied at checkout.

on 7/17/2016 9:55:00 PM

This product is really great for quite a few reasons. First of all, not everyone's skin tolerates physical exfoliants very well. This is a great option if you prefer chemical exfoliants which will not burn sensitive skin.
However, the main reason I love this is because it helps out with various skin issues I tend to experience. First off, I still have a bit of acne scars from random bumps that still appear despite being in my 20s. Since using this, I have definitely seen them reduced in color and general appearance. Next, I sometimes experience KP (when you have tiny bumps on your skin). It was quite distressing to me as you can still tell when you put makeup on and do I was very self conscious. After 1 week of use, the little bumps were gone.

I highly recommend this product. It is a not a miracle worker (won't cure acne overnight) but it is perfect for helping out annoying imperfections, especially if you use it regularly. For 10$ off just use this code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX

To Read all 139 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/17/2016 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I normally have 'just OK' skin, no particular problem but smile lines. But suddenly one time ago, I got serial acne misterously. I mean serial because one or two pimples just came after another, without the previous ones recovered. I used to recover from pimples by just ignoring them. But this time was different. These pimples were so stubborn and ugly. After reading many positive reviews, I dicided to give this PC salycilic acid 2% a try.
I tried sample size first. I applied it twice a day only on my pimples and blackhead area (my nose) so one sachet lasted really long enough for me, more than one week. Sadly, this product didn't seem to work. I saw no better nor worse condition. Pimples and blackheads were still there, like untouched.
Some people said that it erased fine lines. I don't know about that. Since my main issue was stubborn pimples and it did nothing, I don't think I will buy the bottle size. I'm planning to try BHA 9 in my next routine.

on 7/14/2016 2:38:00 PM

It's expensive but I re-buy once I'm 1/2 through my bottle. I have oily skin that was prone to get painful ugly cysts. I LOVE this product. This is my #1, skin-saving item. I have not gotten a single cyst since I started using this. If I get a random pimple I just make sure to really rub this item on the spot & the exfoliating agent ensures it's gone in a day or 2.

I use this morning and night after using the Paula's Choice toner. I apply it with my fingers. That method took a while to get used to but I feel like I use less product more efficiently now. My face just feels smoother with it on. It also works to soften wrinkles. Honestly I'm not sure about that but my face looks the same after a year so no new wrinkles at least. Really, the improvement this product has made to the texture, feel, and appearance of my skin means that I'll keep paying for it.

on 7/14/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is great at getting rid of clogged pores. I've been using it for a while now. It may also help bring breakouts to the surface.

on 7/14/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Imagine the horror of having great skin, incorporating this product to amp the glow & then waking up with two cystic acne zits lounging on your chin which then camp out for nearly two weeks before even starting to subside. That's been my experience with the liquid. In the past, I've used PC's 2% BHA gel exfoliant with nary an issue, so I suspect there's an ingredient in the liquid that doesn't agree with my generally not-fussy skin. I've heard from several other very helpful posters on MUA's skincare board that they had similar issues with the 2% liquid, and suggested a less expensive alternative: Stridex pads (the alcohol free ones in the red box). Those are under 10USD, while the PC 2% liquid is 28USD, not including the price of additional pads to apply the product (though I just applied two shakes of the PC liquid to my face directly - more economical all around).

Of course, YMMV. I have many friends who've had excellent results with the 2% liquid. It just did not work for me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to carefully dab concealer on my chin so that nobody mistakes me for a pizza.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Got in this a trial size. I use this on alternate days of the week, before PC's 15% Vit C booster and 1% Retinol Treatment. I found that it improves my complexion overall and shrinks my pores, though not completely.
I used to use it everyday and my skin started peeling with a burning sensation. Guess its coz of the high concentrations of retinol, Vit C and BHA. Now when i use PC products, i usually mix them with highly moisturising products.

I use to have pimples every few months, but after using this, my skin is really clear and smooth now. I rarely get any pimples. so i would recommend this together with the other PC products that i use.

I got the products from paulaschoice australia. If you are interested to get them you can use the link below and get AUD15 off for your first purchase:

on 6/29/2016 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

This is a skin-changing product! It is basically just straight 2% salicylic acid (BHA). It cleared up all of my active acne and sped up the healing process of all of the dried out spots. I only use this once a day right before I go to bed. It must be followed up by a good night-time moisturizer or else your skin will dry out even if you're typically oily or combination. The only thing that this didn't completely take care of was some stubborn clogged pores. Because of this, I added the Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA to my routine. It is true that AHA is typically recommended for dry skin and BHA for oily skin, but because I have combination skin I find them both to be necessary. These two exfoliators combined have left me with clear glowing skin. Super happy with these products.

For $10 off your first purchase follow this link: https://goo.gl/1mwCjO

on 6/26/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Too bad, it was working and then it made it worse

on 6/26/2016 7:03:00 AM

I recently used up a bottle of Paula Choice BHA 2% Skin Perfecting Liquid Exfoliant see if it was any better than my Stridex pads I have used for years (which also have 2% BHA/Salycitic Acid). I will say the Paula's Choice left my skin feeling more moisturized and I imagine might feel less irritating to those with more sensitive skin than even my sensitive skin. I think it has less alcohol than Stridex. I could drag the PC one over my eye lids no issues, wouldn't do that with the Stridex. The Paula's Choice also required me to use my own makeup rounds on top of the $30 I paid for the bottle that lasted about as long as a box of Stridex would (but the Stridex is like $7). The Paula's Choice while leaving my skin feeling ok, left this weird residue on my hands (and thus I am assuming my face) that felt like a paint had dried on my hands. But now that I have used both, I am most likely just going back to Stridex. It is just as effective, I noticed nothing different (on my skin) when using the Paula's Choice than when I used the Stridex. If you are in the market for a quick swipe of a BHA product...start with Stridex. The red Stridex box is the normal level. Blue is the strongest (I don't use that one). The green Stridex box is the sensitive skin one.