Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid ExfoliantSkin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol (slip agents/penetration enhancers), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (anti-irritant/antioxidant), Polysorbate-20 (solubolizing agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancer), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent).

on 12/26/2017 10:56:00 AM

my Holy Grail!! I have lost count of how many times I have repurchased this. it reduces redness, improves the texture of my skin, keeps my pores clean.... my skin can feel a little tight if I don't moisturize properly but otherwise it behaves very gently on the skin. if I have picked on a cluster of breakouts and the area becomes red and looks worse than it was before I apply this and poof, gone in an hour or so. I also love applying this like a mask with my fingers when I have time. it doesn't do much on it's own for my breakouts, that usually are some kind of whiteheads - for those I need prescription azelaic acid, but together they are great. it works fine on the kind of pimple that is just red, I hardly ever get those anymore. it is sorta expensive if you apply it with a cotton pad. I feel like a lot goes to waste when I do that... I apply it with my fingers and it lasts me for such a long time. if I overdo it it can get a little sticky but you quickly learn what amount is just right!

on 11/28/2017 1:38:00 PM

I like this product a lot - it's gentle but effective. As well as exfoliating, it also moisturises my skin which cuts out the need for yet another step when you're tired at the end of the day. The only slight negative is that my skin feels a bit sticky until it sinks in.

Really wanted to love this product. Had high hopes after reading previous reviews but it definitely doesn’t work for me. It worked great for the pores around my nose, they did appear smaller and the skin was smooth. But in any area of my face which is even slightly seceptible to getting spots, a spot would 100% occur. Cystic acne!! I tried this product numerous times and with always the same result. I’m just glad I’d only bought the smaller one to try first

on 11/13/2017 2:34:00 PM

I had to give this a good 3-4 weeks before seeing any improvement in my skin's texture, tone and clarity. I find that if I skip using it a day or two I immediately notice a difference. I just ordered my second bottle and I will forever be a fan of this exfoliant. When I use this in the AM, my skin is flawless, glowy and fresh looking. Co-workers have complimented on how radiant and fresh I look. The hubs tells me my makeup looks amazing. It's a compliment in a bottle, I tell you.

I have had no irritation whatsoever using this.

My favourite of all paulas choice liquid exfoliant. Does the job better than all of them. Its a life saver. Uncloged most of my clogged pores. I love paula for this life changing product. Only con - its a little expensive.

on 10/11/2017 7:06:00 PM

I got this because I also tried PC bha gel but broke me out after just two days. PC was able to give me a $23 credit and i just had to pay 10 or 11 dollars to be able to try this one out which was a good deal. But after it arrived and I started using it, the breakouts i had on my chin from using the bha gel became bigger and more painful the next day and after. I realized it wasnt drying out my pimples but instead it was only making them worse. I had to stop using it and give up on it. Sad. I have paid alot for the gel in regular size and an extra $11 dollars for the liquid and nothing worked out. I keep on trying other stuffs every now and then that it seems like i just never learn when it is clear that my skin behaves better when i dont use anything at all, just a face wash all by itself.

on 10/5/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
1. Lasts a long time
2. Made skin less oily for a period of time

Cons:
1. Slight allergic reaction (red, hot, itchy skin)
2. Makes acne worse
3. Doesn't work on blackheads
4. Doesn't minimize pores
5. Doesn't work on closed comedones
6. Doesn't work on KP
7. Skin balls up/peels off after a couple of months

I used this product on my face and body. However, I saw almost no changes in any of my skin problems except that my closed comedones were irritated thus turning into huge pimples. After about 6 months, I was almost desperately trying to finish and get rid of it, so I also used it on my arms and legs where I have KP, and of course, didn't work.

on 9/22/2017 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This stuff has some greasy leakage around the bottle ALWAYS. Sure it has 2% BHA but the other ingredients (1,3 Propanediol) renders it USELESS. Not to mention that ingredient is a skin sensitizer and irritant.
UPDATE I just want to to add that I tried this product again six months later and I still feel the same. I don’t know how it clogs my pores but it does.

on 9/14/2017 8:02:00 AM

This is meant to be one of the best BHA’s on the market. The salicylic acid is there, the concentration is right, the PH is correct. So why aren't I seeing results?
I cleanse morning and night and I've been using this religiously, every day, am and pm on my nose to get rid of blackheads. I even apply the AHA gel over the top, after waiting 10 minutes for the BHA to absorb and dry. Yet THEY'RE STILL THERE!!
I've investigated how long it takes for an effective BHA product to dissolve blackheads and often read “a week or two”.
Why, after 4 months of intensive use twice a day, am I NOT seeing any results? AND I should add - I have dry, non-reactive skin. I don't have any acne or breakout issues (and haven't had for 30 years). I don't have excess oil or clogged pores. If it's so ineffective on me, I'd hate to see how poorly it performs on someone WITH those issues - the target demographic it's designed for.
If Salicylic Acid is the best we've got, in my opinion, and from my experience, it's a massive fail. What hope is there for someone with REALLY congested skin if it can't clean up a few blackheads on me?
Does it actually “dissolve” them? Or are you supposed to go in and try to “extract” them?
If it's the latter then what's the point? If I have to resort to needles, tissues, pressure and fingers then why bother with Salicylic Acid at all?
The only positive is that the skin over the top of the blackheads feels smoother and I haven't had to resort to manual, grainy scrubs.
But that's it.
Also I find it really mild. TOO mild (which is odd). SO mild in fact that I can use it morning and night, every single day, and plaster the Paula's Choice AHA gel on top and there's no reaction. No redness. No irritation. No flaking. Just nothing. Makes me wonder if I got a dud bottle (particularly as other posters have said they can only use it once, every second day).
Depressing and massively disappointing.

on 8/26/2017 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This will always be on my vanity!! it's even more amazing with 4% hydroquinone on top to address those dark spots!