Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol (slip agents/penetration enhancers), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (anti-irritant/antioxidant), Polysorbate-20 (solubolizing agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancer), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think I'll ever stop buying this product. Keeps my blackheads and acne under control, makes my skin a lot smoother, softer, brighter and glowy. I definitely don't follow the package directions and use a cotton pad, way too much product waste. Instead I kinda tilt the bottle and let it drip a tiny bit onto my face, then spread with my fingers. Each bottle has lasted me around 8 months. I notice if I stop using it for even a week or so, my skin looks and feels way less healthy. Yes it is a bit sticky if you use a lot, but in my opinion you won't be able to find many BHA exfoliants to beat this, especially in this price range.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe how sticky this product is! Its very uncomfortable, and I really have not seen much of a difference in my skin.

I have sensitive combination skin with whiteheads on my nose. This liquid works perfectly for my skin. Now my face becomes so smooth to touch and no more whiteheads on nose!! I tried to stop using it for a week, then whiteheads are back, and when i start using it again, they are all gone within 2 days. Plus the pores are smaller and clear! So it must be this magic liquid.

For $10 OFF your first purchase follow the link https://goo.gl/NnSUXT Discount applied at checkout.

on 2/10/2017 8:15:00 AM

For my early 50's somewhat sensitive combo skin (oily t-zone, normal to dry cheeks), this is a great product. I started using it once per day at night. I immediately saw an elimination of the one or two daily tiny whiteheads I would get on my chin, cheeks and nose. Over time, my skin is brighter and the texture is smoother and softer. Brown age spots have faded. The blackheads on my nose, that I've had for my whole life and that nothing would touch, are markedly reduced. After about a year, I started using this in the morning as well as at night. I've seen even better results since doing this. Foundation goes on better. Pores are nearly undetectable.

For those who complain this is sticky, you must be using WAY too much. More is NOT better and you're wasting product. I simply dampen a cotton pad with 5 or 6 gentle shakes of the bottle and swipe it on my face. I let it dry for a minute or two and then I continue with my serums and moisturizer. I also notice zero fragrance and I'm very sensitive to smell. Highly recommend this product and won't be without it.

on 2/4/2017 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried to like this so many times. Unfortunately, I just can't get over the unbearable stickiness. The reason I choose a liquid product is because I *don't* want it to feel sticky or heavy. Unfortunately, after this dries on the face it leaves the most uncomfortable film behind that makes my face feel tight and slimy. I've bought two travel-sized bottles with the intention of just "getting over it" but after 4 or 5 applications I can't stand it anymore. If a product feels so icky that I can't even get to the point where I can evaluate its efficacy, it's not worth the battle.

Bravura London's 2% salicylic acid liquid feels fine to me. It's about $12 for 30ml, so pretty expensive compared to the PC version, but comes in a nice dark glass bottle with a dropper and isn't sticky. It seems to be keeping my clogs at bay so far and I don't use that much at a time. We'll see...jury is still out on that one too.

Ingredients of both from their websites if you're curious:

Bravura: Distilled Water, Salicylic acid, Propylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide.
PC: Water (Aqua), Methylpropanediol (hydration), Butylene Glycol (hydration), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Polysorbate 20 (stabilizer), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (green tea/skin calming/antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancer), Tetrasodium EDTA (stabilizer).

on 1/18/2017 5:13:00 PM

Right when I started using this I saw amaaaaazing results. My skin looked so good at first. I don't know if my skin just got used to it then after a few weeks or what, but my skin just kind of went back to how it was before. I still have been using it since I first got it, which has been over a year now. Not sure if I were to stop using it If my skin would get worse or stay the same. So I am in the middle on this product. If my skin would have stayed how it did the first few weeks of using it it would be 5 stars!

on 1/12/2017 10:46:00 PM

This is my HG exfoliant. I have combination/dehydrated, congestion prone skin with large pores and early signs of aging. This product gives me a glow and more refined appearance. My pores appear smaller and my skin just looks great the next morning. I pour a small amount into my hand and smooth a thin layer over my face. If you have sensitive skin like me, I would wait a bit after washing your face before using this. I actually wash my face, use my essence and moisturizer, and then wait at least an hour for everything to sink in. Then I apply the bha on top. You would think it wouldn't work as well, but I get the same results but my skin feels plumper and more hydrated in the morning. Will never stop buying this.

I absolutely adore this product. My skin is sensitive, dry, blackhead prone, and I have a lot of redness. I apply this nightly after I have cleansed and toned my face before serum, moisturizer, etc. It has done wonders. I wake up with glowy, even texture, even color, with smaller looking pores. When I stop using it for a few days my skin becomes lackluster again. I have repurchased this a couple of times. You don't need much at all just a few drops and the bottle is huge so it lasts forever. It comes out in liquid form like water, has a slightly oily feel, and it doesn't smell that great but the smell goes away in a few minutes and it's worth it for the end result. This is one product I do not go without and is a regular in my nightly skincare routine.

on 12/31/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased a 30ml mini sample from Paula's Choice website for 9 euros earlier this year.
I have extremely dry skin everywhere else, but as far as i remember, i've always struggled with blackheads on my nose. They basically show up every single day even after cleansers x2 per day, but cleasing that much significantly dries me out. Ive never found any products that made them appear less. So i used this toner like exfoliant only on and around my nose area. I was extremely careful with introducing chemical exfoliant into my routine - i carefully and patiently started with only once a week, gradually to every other night.

Unfortunately, this BHA liquid didn't do anything but make my nose flaky and red. The blackheads still show up stubbornly, maybe not when my nose was at its worst (almost bleeding stage), but the exfoliant really didn't control the excessive sebum production even with continuous use. It was a torture for me and my skin, and i also had trouble with foundations because of the flakiness.

I realised maybe even my oily nose doesn't agree with BHA, and that doesn't stop other people from enjoying this product. If it works for you, that's great. But my one star is mostly because of the greasy texture and overall horrible user experience. There is absolutely no joy in using this, it is boring as all other products in PC skincare (which i bought sample sizes of at the same time). Ive since found way better chemical exfoliant suitable for my skin type and my pursuit of pleasant user experience.

on 12/26/2016 4:30:00 AM

Worth the hype.This exfoliant really does help with congested pores, leaving skin looking clearer, smoother and softer. I first got a sample and have now upgraded to the full size. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone prone to clogged pores / mild acne.
Personally I find this to be gentle enough to use it up to twice a day, which I do when my skin is going through a breakout. Most times though, I stick to using it only at night / every other night, and I find that is enough to maintain results.