3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This beautiful lipstick has been sitting untried for a long time now and I decided to pull it out for the spring/summer weather. It is SO gorgeous and very moisturizing! It is sheer so don't be afraid of how it looks in the bullet. I attached a photo so you can see that it's a pretty pinky coral shade. It's affordable, pretty, and moisturizing... What's not to love?

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0
from

4 years ago

I have chapsticks with more colour and staying power than this. Looks like a good product but doesn't perform at all. Waste of money IMO.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I passed up this color so many times during my coral craze, mostly because I have so many but also because it's sheer and all that. BUT. I do have a major love affair with L'oreal Colour Riche Caresse in Sunset Angora which is a sheer coral that has an ever so slight white base and leans a little pinker, but is still a shiny sheer lipstick. I would call that one a little butterier too. Since that was discontinued, I looked at and bought like dozens of lipsticks to attempt to replace it and most were too thick or too sheer so it was pretty disappointing. Plus the combo of pink and orange in that one was just perfect. Fast forward, I was in Target looking at their clearance and thinking of stocking up on a discount back up Maybelline Coral Crush like I need it, and I saw this. I quickly checked on here and saw it had both love and hate, and knowing I don't need a coral since I hardly even wear them anymore, but also knowing that if I was going to add another, it would probably be one of these simple sheer ones. So I got it for a little over $2. I figured it's worth a try. Personally, I like it. I think it's sliiiiigghhttlly more sheer than the L'Oreal, and also less pink, but applied they feel sooo spot on. Of course I would have loved for them to be dupes, but I didn't think they would be. The difference is more noticeable on a swatch, but I was just hoping that applied I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And I kind of can't. I mean, I guess *I* could if I really looked, but for the most part it just adds a slight coral sheen that changes a look just that little bit. I don't notice any sparkles either, just light reflecting shine. What matters to me is the feel too, I really like the finish because that's what I was looking for. I have plenty of mattes and cremes, even ones that are a very similar coral color and it's just a different look and feel. This is probably the lightest finish I own, I'd call it a shiny sheer, and because of that, I don't notice line settling. It also doesn't have that gross slippery waxy feel that some "weightless" white based lipsticks do, so that's a plus for it. Of course this type of finish does have issues with staying power and so did the L'Oreal and that was even slightly longer lasting. But to me, I can deal with that when it's a sheer, especially because they are so easy to reapply and so effortless. Since I got it for the price of a tinted balm anyway, I'm extra happy about that. If you like sheer and you're looking for a sheer and you know what to expect from them, I don't think this is any more disappointing than any other, and shinier and more flattering than your average tinted balm.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

A little shocked at the low reviews for this; but to each their own. :) For me, this applies easily and smoothly and evenly. Not drying at all. Which with the matte lip trend all the rage, I appreciate that this makes the lips feel soft. I am currently tanned and this is a great shade, but I think this is also light enough that fair skinned girls could wear this. Depends on your undertones, of course. But this is the traditional Revlon packaging which I appreciate, simple, easy to open and close, the lid stays on even when banged around in the purse. I do not detect any scent with this, some Revlon shades I detect a scent, but to me, this one has hardly any, if any at all. This does not settle into my lips lines and does not shift all around or change colors or get gummy or gunky. Wears nicely and fades to almost nothing in about 3 to 4 hours. I had read that this is similar to Mac's Out For Passion but that this is a little lighter. So if you like Out For Passion but don't want to spend the $$, you might want to check this out. I picked this up at Target for $3.98 current USD. Going to be a great Summer and Spring shade...Very pleased with purchase!!

About reviewer (686 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

5 years ago

I just purchased Lovers Coral this morning (at Walmart for $4.97) to go with the coral skirt I’m wearing and I love it already! It is a sheer, warm pink/coral that just looks gorgeous for summer. (I can’t say that I love the glitter in it, but it is by no means overpowering nor does it feel gritty on my lips.) I prefer my weekly, daytime look to be very natural with minimal makeup and Lovers Coral falls perfectly into that category. If you are looking for rich, deep color payoff or a bold lipstick that says “Hey, notice my lips! Lips! LIIIIIPS!!” then this would not be a good choice for you. But it gives just the right pop of color for a natural look, adds a bit of moisture and brightens up my entire face. To me, this color seems like one that would be a natural go-to if you were not sure what color lipstick to pair with your outfit. I would repurchase if I ever ran out, for sure.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

5 years ago

Edit-the joe fresh shine lipsticks are what this line tried to be. Sheer and moisturizing and look good. The revlon's 'moisturization' is like thin slick waxiness. -- A ll the Revlon lipsticks in this particular formula are fails. This is a money grab, but it sucks so much that most people would not repurchase. The pigmentation is nil, lasting power is nil, colours can be duped for the better by other drugstore lines or even the Revlon SL normal lipstick range.

About reviewer (635 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

5 years ago

I like this sheer moisturizing formula. I just really like tinted lipstick that doesn't make my lips dry. I like my daytime like natural and don't like too dramatic lips. If you don't like sheer lipstick, don't buy this.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

6 years ago

This is a really pretty colour but unfortunately it doesn't really show up very well on my lips as it's quite sheer and my lips may be naturally too pigmented. It would probably work much better on someone fairer or who has naturally lighter coloured lips. The formula is quite moisturising though so I just use it as a normal balm, however I notice that it's sometimes quite patchy (as I find with most lighter colours), especially if my lips are slightly drier.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2.0

6 years ago

I suppose the fact that I find this lipstick useless is my fault, because I did not notice that the gigantic display of well-reviewed Revlon lipstick had seven different categories of formula. However, I still find this lipstick useless. It doesn't even give my lips a tint, just a bit of shine for ~5 minutes. What I have been doing is setting this "lipstick" with a bit of coral eyeshadow, which lasts for a while. It is, however, a pain. No way will I repurchase anything from this line.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0

6 years ago

I did look up swatches before buying this but somehow it escaped me that it had teeny gold sparkles. The first couple of times I wore this I hadn't noticed but now on my third application I can feel them just a little. Not nearly as annoying as the lip butters but I still would have liked to know. I knew this was on the sheer side and with my pigmented lips, I can still see a really pretty coral tint. I think this shade is strange to include with their mostly opaque line. I think it's a very pretty everyday lip shade.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Olive