L'Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer

L'Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer

3.9

Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminium Hydroxide. (May contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides.)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

this is a good drugstore primer it is pore filling and provide a smooth canvas for the application of your foundation i tend to use in the areas of my face where i have large pores and other primer on the perimeter of my face, price wise its on the higher end of drugstore product but is worth it.

on 3/1/2018 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works with my oily skin. keeps my foundation velvety smooth, matte, flawless and last all day. I use this with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup in Sand 2W1. Some may have trouble applying this, you just have to pat and rub lightly. If you have oily and large pores, you'll love this. Just hate the packaging, dipping your finger into the product. I wish they didn’t discontinue this. Love it, way better than any high end primer.

on 2/20/2017 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It makes your skin feel so nice and velvety soft and makes my foundation sit a lot nicer on my skin. A little goes a long way too. I got a tiny sample tube from Sephora and later went out and bought the full product before even finishing the tube haha
Can't really comment on how long it makes my makeup last as I use it with another primer (KVD Lock-it Primer). My foundation does stay all day when I use them both though.
My only gripe is the packaging. Hate that its in a pot because I sometimes get it under my nails when I'm trying to dig it out, plus for a product that you're putting all over your face, can be a bit unhygenic as you're putting your fingers straight into the product which can introduce bacteria in.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I like this primer because a little goes a long way. It's velvety, solid yet smooth primer. It leaves very beautiful finish on skin and it's matte. it covers pores and scars on face and it leaves a mattified but smooth, powdered skin.

The only thing I have noticed with this is that my Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy+Smooth foundation became matte with this foundation though it's very smooth to look at.

I don't like the packaging however. I have a MAC concealer who has a wider jar than this and it is hard to get some product because it is a tiny jar.

on 9/5/2016 9:09:00 PM

primers are optional for me. I'm a lazy person!
I guess I was blessed with Ok pores but in the recent 2 years the pores on my cheek area closer to the nose started expanding??

this does a little Magic.
I'd only apply a thin layer on boy cheeks near the nose, and my nose.
it smoothens and blurs out the skin evenly but not drastically.
pros:
-does what it's supposed to do
cons:
I hate dipping in my finger, some of the stuff gets under my nails and I've to scrape it out.
-I don't know why but it kinda rolls up into tiny balls? when I apply it on my face with my fingers? I've tried using sponge to apply but it kinda cakes up into tiny balls on my sponge too. not cool with this.

Well I'd only buy it again as I'm not sure what other primers are good at the same price range. But I'm definitely not compelled to stick to it.

on 6/24/2016 11:11:00 AM

I'm so on the rail about this one...

On one hand, it's sooo nice feeling on my skin. You only have to use a tiny bit to do your whole face. It makes your makeup go on so smoothly and to last longer. It doesn't feel thick or sticky and doesn't crumble, dry out or go patchy on your skin. You use less makeup because this makes your makeup go so far and it's much easier to blend your foundation in for a flawless finish.

The only downside is that my face has broken out worse than ever before in my life and I'm not sure if it's this or my NP foundation as I starting using both at the same time but I'm leaning towards this being the cause as primers have never not broken me out. I need to stop using it to see if this caused it but it's so nice that I don't want to! It's also really pricy for what it is. I think I may try an NP primer next :)

on 4/25/2016 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is definitely worth trying especially for girls with large pores, it's got a slightly thick texture which works at reducing pores and providing your skin with a smooth base for make up application. Also, when I use this, I feel like my make up becomes slightly more prolonged which is an added bonus for my oily skin! For a drug store primer, it is pretty expensive (usually $30 in Australia) but it does its job just as well as some of the high end primers (like the Benefit Porefessional) and you can always pick up L'oreal products on sale!

Definitely recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This has been kicking around my makeup drawer for about 6 months and I finally decided to give it another go. I bought it to blur my large pores near my nose on my cheeks. The first time I tried it, I must have used too much because I felt like an oil slick. 6 months on, my skin is in better shape due to my 87 step Korean skin care regime (kidding sorta) and it just melted into my skin. It actually did what it claimed - my pores are nigh invisible. I used a tiny bit (a pea sized amount for BOTH areas) and spread it out from there. I then used a liquid foundation and patted it in to find my face looks flawless, except for my deep wrinkles. It's hidden the large pores and fine lines under my eyes so pretty happy.

on 2/13/2016 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I use two bases, smashbox and this one. Comparing those two, L'oreal Base Magique moistures my face more than smashbox. My pores get tightening and keep my foundation not to break out all day.

A product that actually does what it says on the label! I have never used primer before so I don't have much to compare it to but I wanted something that would help disguise my pores and bumpy skin, and this helps. It feels like velvet on my face and even with a fair bit of foundation over it doesn't feel cakey. It's no magic fix for my bumpy skin but it does have a blurring affect and my pores are hardly noticeable with this product. Apply very sparingly or it can become crumbly and patchy. Not usually a fan of products in tubs but this wouldn't work in a squeezy tube or pump as the product is very firm so no complaints with the packaging. With the small amount needed for application I see this lasting a very long time. Hoping it will keep my make up long lasting on hot days, will update. Would buy again