Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

1.5

on 3/4/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It has the strongest scent out of any of the Chanel foundations. And don't let the name CC Cream fool you. This is medium to full coverage foundation. It's very thick going on and the smell is overpowering. It looks nice in natural light, like you have nice makeup, not nice skin. I'd rather my foundation make me look like I have great skin naturally. It's very expensive but it does have a good spf 50. Not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again.

on 5/11/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan unfortunately. I got the 30 shade as it seemed to match in the store (damn those lights! Lol). The packaging is beautiful, of course and functional. Not too hard to squeeze out and not so soft that it squishes out a huge amount. I felt like it "sat" on top of my skin instead of "melding" into it. I felt that it went on a little streaky with a brush so it's probably best applied with a bb sponge. I didn't bother to try because the shade is actually too pink so I will be returning it. I also agree w some of the other reviewers in that it gives a weird grayish tint as well. If anything, that's what killed this product for me. The shade. It's all kinds of wrong on me.
It has the usual chanel fragrance but it disappears after a while. My skin is sensitive, and more combo/oily these days. The fragrance didn't irritate my skin, but this cc cream made it look a little too shiny. For reference, my skin tone is around a nc/c 30-35; yellowy golden olive

I really like Chanel creams and liquid foundations so I thought I would give this a try. I got it in no.40 which is my shade.
I have combination skin and an oily t-zone and this made my nose and forehead look super shiny and greasy. I even tried to set it with some powder but the shine still came through and the cream didnt stay put for long on its own either.
It also made my skin look grey/dark after a few hours.

It does have a high SPF which would be good if the cream lasted longer on my skin!

Definitely expect a better quality product for 40, will not repurchase.

on 1/15/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to wash this off after 3 hours because the smell was so strong. The next morning a rash appeared on my cheeks and my eyes were red, itchy and bloodshot.

I have good skin and don't need much coverage - so this could have been a decent product, but of course, Chanel had to marinate the formula in perfume. I wouldn't spray perfume directly on my face and that's what this CC cream basically is. Returned.