Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.9

on 10/26/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this because I love the ease of BB and CC creams--they're one step. I have two other Chanel foundations(new to my collection that I love) so I thought this would be a homerun. I bought no 20 since I am that color in the foundations but it is a little light. It does oxidize some with wear. It covers way more that the Chanel foundations, both offer sheer to medium coverage, and this gives light to medium coverage because it has zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and octinoxinate as the sunscreen. It adds a luminous look. All good but here's the weird thing. After about 3 hours I checked my face to see how it was wearing and I had white streaks on my face: on my chin, forehead, down my cheeks. I had not worked out or walked in the rain. I had been watching TV. Nothing strenuous. I had used my fingers to apply. I don't know if this was an aberration but I will try again before I give up on it.

on 8/9/2016 6:04:00 PM

I like the consistency and the blendability. The formula is on the thicker side. There is a mild smell which smells amazing! It's a light fresh scent.

This did not go on well. It was very cakey and drying. It bunched up and flaked off within half an hour. It is one of the few products I have ever thrown out.

on 6/15/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Best cc cream I have used. You do not need a lot of product to get coverage (so a tube lasts for long). It gives a very natural glow. I have sensitive skin, but this does not cause me any break-outs. And what I really like.. I can also easily apply it underneath the eye area (where I have less pigments, so 'panda eyes' if I do not use any extra color).
I do apply with a brush, to even out, and to ensure I do not apply too much product (which often happens when applying with the bare hand/fingers). And the spf is of course a good bonus on top.
I am a fan!

This CC cream is my HG!!! I feel like I've tried almost every kind of foundation and facial moisturizer out there...some okay, some blah, some just awful. But Chanel CC Cream is the answer to my makeup prayers! A little expensive (I paid 68 euros), but if you add up how much you spend individually on foundation, SS, and moisturizer, you can easily justify the price.

Pros:
- Moisturizer, SS (spf 50, amazing) and foundation in 1!
- Gorgeous dewy finish
- Feels lightweight but provides great coverage (covers my acne scars, hallelujah)
- Brightens up my whole complexion
- I find that my concealer sits really well overtop
- No pilling at all, which is why I dumped CeraVe AM
- Perfect for normal, combo, or dry skin

Cons:
- Would prefer a pump packaging, a little cleaner imo
- Expensive, but the price is justifiable and a little does go a long way

Would repurchase!!! <3 Merci Chanel !

on 4/3/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this CC cream. I used 12 Beige Rose, correcting some my redness. But, unfortunately this is not long lasting on my face. In 4-5 hours after using it I felt it had already melted from my face. I need to touch up with compact powder

on 1/21/2016 6:21:00 AM

Bought the full tube right away, since I never had a 'bad' Chanel experience with foundations or tinted moisturizers. This however is a different class product. First of all the price, which is very high! I was able to buy it with a good discount and some store coupons, but still!
Slightly exaggerated Chanel & Co!
Then, the colour. I nearly always use nr. 20, in Chanel colour products for my face, but with this product it is really much whiter (ghostly) than for instance the Vitalumière foundation in nr. 20. So you will need to apply a good layer of some coloured powder. Or blush or probably both. MUA Mary Greenwell did a video on this product, just Google it, you will see what I mean... ;-).
It does have a nice feel on the skin (now that is it wintertime), but I can imagine that in summertime this will fall of my face after 10pm. During hot days this is just to much on your skin. I will go and experiment a little with the colour, by simply blending the Les Beiges tinted moisturizer (of course in nr. 20) with this. Maybe the colour will be more acceptable.
Will update!
Update: 2/15/2016
I am starting to like this CC cream more and more. For some reason I am able to apply it more easily and I am geting used to the ghasly/ghostly whitish colour :-) I am now using a technique which I saw Bobbi Brown make up artists doing. After application I gently press my face with my hands. Which results in taking away the excess and warming up the colour more quickly. It also helps to use a more moisturizing cream/serum underneath.
Will update!

I changed to this CC Cream 2 weeks ago, I was using Bobbi Brown BB cream before this. I have never been so happy with my skin since using this chanel CC Cream. I sufffer from acne breakouts, lately along the jawline. Since I have switched to Chanel CC Cream, my skin has seruously never been so good. I went for No. 30, which suits my skin perfect, blends so well and gives my face a healthy glow, with good coverage(better coverage than Bobbi Brown BB Cream). There is nothing bad I can see about Chanel CC Cream. My main skin concern is breakouts and since using this they are way less and my skin feels so hydrated amd soft. I am so happy I decided to try this CC Cream. Lastly it is expensive, 60euros in Ireland, but I totally think it is worth it. I will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.

on 4/7/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the below, hefty price tag, AMAZING product, if anything it makes my complexion even better as the day goes on, I put the Soliel Tan de Chanel on over this - magic! I only wear when I'm going out or to events, it's pricey @ 50.00 a pop...