Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.5

on 9/20/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It doesn't help you if you have an oily skin because it doesn't have matte finish at all. But for the dry skin team, it's for you guys because it makes your face looks so glowing but not so oily.. but the colour range is not too many, i think that's not suitable for the medium & darker skin person..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a medium skin-toned, Lancome OO3, Mac NC25, Laneige No. 21 Natural Beige. My skin is sensitive, and stays clear on most days, with occasional breakouts of zits on my forehead and one or two large ones on the nose and cheek when I am stressed out. This is a great fit for my skin. I have this in No. 20 Beige. It's creamy and leaves a matte but glowing finish, not oily or overly dewy or white like the Korean BB creams. This cream has a yellow undertone. People complain that it is too thick and looks like a mask, the trick is to apply sheer layers, any foundation when applied with a heavy hand looks like a mask. Just squeeze the tube gently and put a dot of about 3-5 mm diameter on each side of your face and use the same for your forehead, and spread it with fingers. I usually use the Mac 130 brush to stipple this on my face, the finish looks natural, and gives the best finish when set with the Chanel Les Beige pressed powder No. 20 (this is the best combination in my opinion). This is a light to medium coverage cream, it covers light acne scars, and freckles but not red angry acne scars. Don't use too much or it will look unnaturally white. This is the CC cream I've come across, I'm on my second tube although it costs SGD$72. I prefer this over the Laneige BB cushion which oxidizes on me, and looks darker after about 4 hours. The Laneige BB Cushion cakes when you apply a loose powder on top ( I've also tried putting compact powder from Laneige, Kose Infinity, Shu Uemura, it just cakes and looks terrible). This Chanel CC cream lasts more than 8 hours on me, have good SPF protection, and applies smoothly. When I'm out in the sun and sweating like a pig, this CC cream does not disappear on my skin! I still look glowy. At the end of a 14-hour day, I find residues of it when I clean my face, that's how long it lasts on my skin.

I've only tried the new version with SPF50, so I can't make a comparison to the old formula. Overall, this does quite a nice job in evening out my skin tone, feels comfortable on my face and is not cakey or oily. This takes a while to set on the skin tho, when applied, it initially leaves a white cast on my face. Took like 1 minute or so to be properly absorbed. The coverage isn't great tho, something like that of a tinted moisturizer, so I do apply a thin layer of liquid foundation over this CC cream for a better coverage. Word of caution, this will crease when applied over the eyelids. I'm feeling kinda "meh" about this product, it's ok, but not something that would substitute regular sunblock then foundation routine. I'm not repurchasing.

on 8/10/2015 12:16:00 AM

Somehow this gives an ashy look.

on 6/2/2015 12:17:00 AM

This is not like a cc cream as the name says the textures is more like a tinted moisturizer slightly more thick. Gives light coverage. The formula is a little sticky and oily. It applies streaky even with a brush and sponge. It's not long lasting transfers and settles into fine lines, my tiny pitted acne scars and did not blur pores. Doesn't blur my acne hyperpigmentation. I have combination skin this separated under and around the nose where is most oily. I have the shade 20 beige matches perfectly to my mac15-20 skintone. Like the foundation and skincare it has a strong perfume scent that lingers. Sometimes the scent gives me a headache. When I took this off my skin was all dull, slightly red and caused tiny bumps under the skin and eventually tiny breakouts. This is expensive $55 for a cc cream that doesn't do anything. This feels and looks more like drug store makeup nothing special has no skincare benefits unlike the Korean cc creams. This is more like a tinted sunscreen. The only good thing is it contains spf30 mineral Titanium dioxide as the active sunscreen ingredient. Usually it's hard to find anything higher than spf15 with physical base sunscreen in a tinted moisturizer especially in western makeup that has any coverage. Most tinted moisturizers are chemical base spf15 and has barely any coverage no enough sun protection. This would be good for those with normal skin with little to no imperfection to cover just evens out skintone. Dry skin not moisturizing enough oily skin will become more oily. Combination skin horrible dry/oily patchy.

on 6/29/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this CC cream. I have beige 20 blend well to my skin tone. Nice scent too.

on 6/19/2014 4:39:00 AM

This product smells so good. It's nice on. So here are the pro's and cons

Pros:
- good coverage
- has SPF
- keeps the skin hydrated
- colour was good for my skin tone, I believe there's only one colour

Cons:
- can only purchase in Asia
- makes you oily and leaves creases after a few hours
- there's only one colour

on 10/24/2013 12:54:00 AM

I bought a Chanel CC Cream as it was recommended by my friend. I like its smell and of course its color is really nice. Everything almost perfect, yet, it was said that oil-free for all skin types, for me it's getting worse.. And I think the price is quite expensive for a tiny cc cream ... Anyway, if you have good powder to cover it then you can buy it again as its color is pretty nice!!