Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

2.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This looked nice on but the fragrance was overpowering. Luckily she had made me a sample and I didn't purchase. Here are the correct ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Titanium dioxide 3.2% Zinc oxide 15.2%

Inactive ingredients

water • caprylyl methicone • PEG-10 dimethicone • dimethicone • glycerin • phenyl trimethicone • alcohol • methyl trimethicone • butylene glycol • prunus persica (peach) leaf extract • plankton extract • glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract • prunus persica (peach) fruit extract • hydrogenated polyisobutene • triethoxycaprylylsilane • phenoxyethanol • dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer • sodium chloride • stearic acid • potassium sorbate •alumina • fragrance • aluminum hydroxide • dimethicone crosspolymer • disteardimonium hectorite • sodium lauroyl glutamate • sodium hyaluronate • lysine • propylene carbonate • silica • propylene glycol • magnesium chloride • dipropylene glycol • BHT • ethylhexylglycerin • tocopherol • citric acid • sorbic acid (may contain) ultramarines • iron oxides • titanium dioxide • mica

on 7/24/2015 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the 2015 reformulation. There are three shades and I see on the US website it has an SPF of 50 while here in Australia it has SPF 30. I have this in the lightest shade, which is 10. This is listed under skincare rather than makeup according to Chanel.

I love Chanel vitalumiere aqua but wanted something that had a bit more coverage for days where I want to look more done up. The sales explained that their heavier foundation, perfection lumiere, would he way too drying on my skin. She then proceeded to rave about the new cc cream. She didn't like the previous version apparently, but she loved the reformulation. I have not been interested in cc creams and have been of the opinion that if I did want one I would order one from Asia. I wasn't too keen but I let the SA do her thing and apply it on my face. This has more coverage than vitalumiere aqua but doesn't give full coverage. It is more medium. But the SA showed me a tip where you layer the vit aqua over the cc cream and it looked flawless. I ended up loving the finish and was convinced enough to buy a tube.

I would layer the two for special events but I'm really loving the cc by itself. It is more pigmented than your average tinted moisturiser or bb cream. It is actually really good at covering redness, which is a primary concern for me as of late. It is winter at the moment so I have yet to test it in the summer but so far I have experienced no longevity issues.

The formula is definitely a cream rather than a liquid but it is very easy to blend for a cream and you can use a brush as well as your fingers. This is no where near as thick and creamy as laura mercier creme smooth for example. It has a slight fragrance, which isn't too strong as far as Chanel cosmetics go. It doesn't bother my relatively sensitive nose.

As well as covering redness I find it covers pores pretty well too. It also smooths over fine lines and does give the skin a plumped appearance. It sits nicely and feels comfortable on my dry skin. It gives a slightly dewy finish but is no where as dewy as the original vitalumiere, which can sometimes look oily and shiny. I know Chanel markets this as skincare, but really it's makeup. It feels more like a foundation to me, but a very nice one at that.

I see that people are complaining about the price but it's cheaper than the other Chanel foundations. It's still an expensive product but a price you'd expect from Chanel and other high end brands.

This was a nice surprise for me. I'm really enjoying it.

on 1/10/2014 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have an small acne problem around my chin & jaw line, I also have a few acne scars around my cheeks, so finding a good foundation to help cover a few of my facial flaws away is sometimes a little difficult. I decided to use CC cream to see how it can help with my problem, my face tends to get really oily & around my nose area gets very dry. When applying the product it felt very heavy on my face, it has a perfume smell to it but for me, the scent really didn't matter to me. Then I finished off with E.L.F powder. So far I've had it on for at least 5-6 hours & I feel uncomfortable with the foundation, it hasn't help with my dryness around my nose area, basically feels like I'm wearing a mask. So as my result & my opinion to this product is that I did not like how it came out, there were few dry patchy spots on my skin that the cream did not moisturize. If anyone who has the same skin situation as me, I would not recommend this to them.