Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

4.1

on 10/26/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this because I love the ease of BB and CC creams--they're one step. I have two other Chanel foundations(new to my collection that I love) so I thought this would be a homerun. I bought no 20 since I am that color in the foundations but it is a little light. It does oxidize some with wear. It covers way more that the Chanel foundations, both offer sheer to medium coverage, and this gives light to medium coverage because it has zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and octinoxinate as the sunscreen. It adds a luminous look. All good but here's the weird thing. After about 3 hours I checked my face to see how it was wearing and I had white streaks on my face: on my chin, forehead, down my cheeks. I had not worked out or walked in the rain. I had been watching TV. Nothing strenuous. I had used my fingers to apply. I don't know if this was an aberration but I will try again before I give up on it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesn't do oily skin any favors. I'm blotting twice a day. But that's normal for me so I'm nonplussed. It's normal. So +/- for me. The scent is pleasant like all chanel products. Chanel has ONE color selection (beige 30) I'm beige 20 NC20 so I was floored when the color "fit." [matched decently]. $$ product (USD$55) but worth it it's like a med coverage fdtn more than a CC. The only other CC I tried was Physicians Formula the rest were actual BB's. #winning

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this product because it offers phenomenal coverage and has SPF 25. For those of you who are sensitive to scent, you should know that this product is heavily perfumed. That did surprise me because I've used a number of other various Chanel products that have no discernible odor whatsoever. Regardless, I greatly enjoy this product, especially in the summer months when I'm outside and can use the extra sun protection. I would say a little of this goes a long way and a tube lasts quite awhile. There is one fluid ounce of product in this packaging. I wouldn't think this would suit those with especially oily skin because the SPF can add a bit of shine to the finish. I do think all other skin types would enjoy using this product.

This CC cream is my HG!!! I feel like I've tried almost every kind of foundation and facial moisturizer out there...some okay, some blah, some just awful. But Chanel CC Cream is the answer to my makeup prayers! A little expensive (I paid 68 euros), but if you add up how much you spend individually on foundation, SS, and moisturizer, you can easily justify the price.

Pros:
- Moisturizer, SS (spf 50, amazing) and foundation in 1!
- Gorgeous dewy finish
- Feels lightweight but provides great coverage (covers my acne scars, hallelujah)
- Brightens up my whole complexion
- I find that my concealer sits really well overtop
- No pilling at all, which is why I dumped CeraVe AM
- Perfect for normal, combo, or dry skin

Cons:
- Would prefer a pump packaging, a little cleaner imo
- Expensive, but the price is justifiable and a little does go a long way

Would repurchase!!! <3 Merci Chanel !

on 3/4/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It has the strongest scent out of any of the Chanel foundations. And don't let the name CC Cream fool you. This is medium to full coverage foundation. It's very thick going on and the smell is overpowering. It looks nice in natural light, like you have nice makeup, not nice skin. I'd rather my foundation make me look like I have great skin naturally. It's very expensive but it does have a good spf 50. Not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again.

on 1/3/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has recently been reformulated with an SPF 50, and the formula is slightly different. It went on my skin nicely, I was a 30 in this. It is definitely more full coverage, and the high SPF is a plus. The price though, $70 CDN, is a bit tough to swallow. I liked the coverage a lot, and the high SPF, but the price is really high. If you want to splurge, go ahead, but try a sample first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a medium skin-toned, Lancome OO3, Mac NC25, Laneige No. 21 Natural Beige. My skin is sensitive, and stays clear on most days, with occasional breakouts of zits on my forehead and one or two large ones on the nose and cheek when I am stressed out. This is a great fit for my skin. I have this in No. 20 Beige. It's creamy and leaves a matte but glowing finish, not oily or overly dewy or white like the Korean BB creams. This cream has a yellow undertone. People complain that it is too thick and looks like a mask, the trick is to apply sheer layers, any foundation when applied with a heavy hand looks like a mask. Just squeeze the tube gently and put a dot of about 3-5 mm diameter on each side of your face and use the same for your forehead, and spread it with fingers. I usually use the Mac 130 brush to stipple this on my face, the finish looks natural, and gives the best finish when set with the Chanel Les Beige pressed powder No. 20 (this is the best combination in my opinion). This is a light to medium coverage cream, it covers light acne scars, and freckles but not red angry acne scars. Don't use too much or it will look unnaturally white. This is the CC cream I've come across, I'm on my second tube although it costs SGD$72. I prefer this over the Laneige BB cushion which oxidizes on me, and looks darker after about 4 hours. The Laneige BB Cushion cakes when you apply a loose powder on top ( I've also tried putting compact powder from Laneige, Kose Infinity, Shu Uemura, it just cakes and looks terrible). This Chanel CC cream lasts more than 8 hours on me, have good SPF protection, and applies smoothly. When I'm out in the sun and sweating like a pig, this CC cream does not disappear on my skin! I still look glowy. At the end of a 14-hour day, I find residues of it when I clean my face, that's how long it lasts on my skin.

on 12/19/2015 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bought this from a trusted Instagram seller since Chanel cosmetic store isn't available yet at Jakarta, Indonesia. I got the Beige Rose, since I am a NW25/B40. I'm using a skin care prescription from my doctor which made occasional purging and peeling and (almost permanent) redness around nose, cheek and chin area so it's obvious that I have a problem with uneven complexion together with flakiness. The CC cream came in white box and white 30ml tube with twisting black cap embossed with double Cs on the bottom. I am expecting that pleasant Chanel cosmetic scent, the same one from the Les Beiges line. And to my glee, yes it does have the same smell. I was wowed from the first application, I only need 1 little drop to cover the whole face and neck with O'Wow Cailyn Brush to have the "normal" skin color that stays from dawn (woke up at 5 am on working days) to night (got home around 8 pm after dinner). It's a more dense liquid compared to Les Beiges Healthy Cream and it has more coverage too. I haven't had any break out or irritation after a week of using this, but I'll keep both eyes out. Since I'm overwhelmed with the result I decided to make this as my HG and will repurchase when I finish it. Eventhough I really hope Chanel opens their cosmetic store here really soon. Ciao!

on 8/11/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cc cream by Chanel is by a long way my favourite tinted moisturiser/BB cream/CC cream I've tried so far.
I actually think the whole 'CC cream' marketing of this is completely pointless, it's basically a hydrating cream foundation that gives really decent coverage, is long lasting and has spf 50 - for normal to dry, dehydrated skin like mine it's pretty darn perfect!!
I have no idea why this is in the skincare category.
For me this is much more hydrating than Vitalumiere Aqua and so much more long lasting than Chanel's other moisturing offering Vitalumiere foundation. It's a shame this only comes in three shades but I think they lean more yellow/neutral than a lot of other CC creams.
Despite the spf this also photographs really beautifully, under flash I was surprised it didn't leave a white cast!!
Overall this should be a great daytime foundation except for maybe the very oily skin types?
The price is CRAZY expensive, hopefully it's reflected in the ingredients? But I would repurchase without any hesitation!

on 7/19/2015 3:29:00 AM

I really wanted to love this but honestly I don't think it's anything special. It goes on evenly and gives reasonable coverage however I feel that it makes my skin look dull and it tends to flake and fade within a few hours. There are much better cc creams on the market that are better value for money. Also I am not really a packaging snob but who was the genius who decided to put a tinted cream in a white tube? The tube gets dirty and scummy really easily.