Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

on 10/26/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this because I love the ease of BB and CC creams--they're one step. I have two other Chanel foundations(new to my collection that I love) so I thought this would be a homerun. I bought no 20 since I am that color in the foundations but it is a little light. It does oxidize some with wear. It covers way more that the Chanel foundations, both offer sheer to medium coverage, and this gives light to medium coverage because it has zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and octinoxinate as the sunscreen. It adds a luminous look. All good but here's the weird thing. After about 3 hours I checked my face to see how it was wearing and I had white streaks on my face: on my chin, forehead, down my cheeks. I had not worked out or walked in the rain. I had been watching TV. Nothing strenuous. I had used my fingers to apply. I don't know if this was an aberration but I will try again before I give up on it.

on 6/15/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Best cc cream I have used. You do not need a lot of product to get coverage (so a tube lasts for long). It gives a very natural glow. I have sensitive skin, but this does not cause me any break-outs. And what I really like.. I can also easily apply it underneath the eye area (where I have less pigments, so 'panda eyes' if I do not use any extra color).
I do apply with a brush, to even out, and to ensure I do not apply too much product (which often happens when applying with the bare hand/fingers). And the spf is of course a good bonus on top.
I am a fan!

on 4/3/2016 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this CC cream. I used 12 Beige Rose, correcting some my redness. But, unfortunately this is not long lasting on my face. In 4-5 hours after using it I felt it had already melted from my face. I need to touch up with compact powder

on 3/4/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It has the strongest scent out of any of the Chanel foundations. And don't let the name CC Cream fool you. This is medium to full coverage foundation. It's very thick going on and the smell is overpowering. It looks nice in natural light, like you have nice makeup, not nice skin. I'd rather my foundation make me look like I have great skin naturally. It's very expensive but it does have a good spf 50. Not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a medium skin-toned, Lancome OO3, Mac NC25, Laneige No. 21 Natural Beige. My skin is sensitive, and stays clear on most days, with occasional breakouts of zits on my forehead and one or two large ones on the nose and cheek when I am stressed out. This is a great fit for my skin. I have this in No. 20 Beige. It's creamy and leaves a matte but glowing finish, not oily or overly dewy or white like the Korean BB creams. This cream has a yellow undertone. People complain that it is too thick and looks like a mask, the trick is to apply sheer layers, any foundation when applied with a heavy hand looks like a mask. Just squeeze the tube gently and put a dot of about 3-5 mm diameter on each side of your face and use the same for your forehead, and spread it with fingers. I usually use the Mac 130 brush to stipple this on my face, the finish looks natural, and gives the best finish when set with the Chanel Les Beige pressed powder No. 20 (this is the best combination in my opinion). This is a light to medium coverage cream, it covers light acne scars, and freckles but not red angry acne scars. Don't use too much or it will look unnaturally white. This is the CC cream I've come across, I'm on my second tube although it costs SGD$72. I prefer this over the Laneige BB cushion which oxidizes on me, and looks darker after about 4 hours. The Laneige BB Cushion cakes when you apply a loose powder on top ( I've also tried putting compact powder from Laneige, Kose Infinity, Shu Uemura, it just cakes and looks terrible). This Chanel CC cream lasts more than 8 hours on me, have good SPF protection, and applies smoothly. When I'm out in the sun and sweating like a pig, this CC cream does not disappear on my skin! I still look glowy. At the end of a 14-hour day, I find residues of it when I clean my face, that's how long it lasts on my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This looked nice on but the fragrance was overpowering. Luckily she had made me a sample and I didn't purchase. Here are the correct ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Titanium dioxide 3.2% Zinc oxide 15.2%

Inactive ingredients

water • caprylyl methicone • PEG-10 dimethicone • dimethicone • glycerin • phenyl trimethicone • alcohol • methyl trimethicone • butylene glycol • prunus persica (peach) leaf extract • plankton extract • glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract • prunus persica (peach) fruit extract • hydrogenated polyisobutene • triethoxycaprylylsilane • phenoxyethanol • dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer • sodium chloride • stearic acid • potassium sorbate •alumina • fragrance • aluminum hydroxide • dimethicone crosspolymer • disteardimonium hectorite • sodium lauroyl glutamate • sodium hyaluronate • lysine • propylene carbonate • silica • propylene glycol • magnesium chloride • dipropylene glycol • BHT • ethylhexylglycerin • tocopherol • citric acid • sorbic acid (may contain) ultramarines • iron oxides • titanium dioxide • mica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.

on 4/7/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the below, hefty price tag, AMAZING product, if anything it makes my complexion even better as the day goes on, I put the Soliel Tan de Chanel on over this - magic! I only wear when I'm going out or to events, it's pricey @ 50.00 a pop...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this cc cream a couple months ago. It was a beautiful match for my skin (in MAC terms I'm an NC10, pale but golden) and the finish was very nice. I liked it a lot. But I had to return it. Because the strong perfume smell was overwhelming and did not fade. A couple hours after application it was so perfumey that it was literally making me nauseous and I had to remove it. I would definitely repurchase if it was reformulated to have no or a lot less scent, but in the meantime, no way.