Chanel CC cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Chanel CC cream

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this product because it offers phenomenal coverage and has SPF 25. For those of you who are sensitive to scent, you should know that this product is heavily perfumed. That did surprise me because I've used a number of other various Chanel products that have no discernible odor whatsoever. Regardless, I greatly enjoy this product, especially in the summer months when I'm outside and can use the extra sun protection. I would say a little of this goes a long way and a tube lasts quite awhile. There is one fluid ounce of product in this packaging. I wouldn't think this would suit those with especially oily skin because the SPF can add a bit of shine to the finish. I do think all other skin types would enjoy using this product.

on 1/3/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has recently been reformulated with an SPF 50, and the formula is slightly different. It went on my skin nicely, I was a 30 in this. It is definitely more full coverage, and the high SPF is a plus. The price though, $70 CDN, is a bit tough to swallow. I liked the coverage a lot, and the high SPF, but the price is really high. If you want to splurge, go ahead, but try a sample first.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I keep looking for alternatives but always come back to this lovely cc. Perfect to cover redness, and it doesnt leave a moist trace :)

on 6/7/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this cc cream so much -- mostly because it was a splurge buy and I can't return it. According to the Chanel representative, it comes in two undertones, pink and yellow, and it's supposed to adjust to the color of your skin. I have the rose beige, for pink undertones, and it is a good match for my light, pinkish skin, although maybe a little too light. The color is a lot like Dr. Jart Black Label Detox. Not sure it would agree with anyone who has a dark or even medium skintone. The coverage is great, medium-high, and it covers my acne scars well without looking caked on or patchy. My face looked smooth and poreless, really the best it's ever looked. Buildable coverage and blends very well, though too much product comes out at once when you squeeze the tube. The downside: very, very glowy, from the instant you apply it. I guess this would be good for dry skin, although I think the glow/shine factor would be even a little too much for dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I knew it could only get worse, and it did -- very shiny as opposed to glowy in an hour. Since I had to wipe it off after a few hours because it looked like an oil slick, I can't say how it holds up after a full day for normal or dry skin.
It's really a nice product -- it does make your skin look beautiful and it reminds me of Kiehl's but with more coverage -- but I'd suggest that if you have oily skin you might want to pass this one on by given that it's so expensive.

EDIT: Now that the humidity and heat are over come fall, and my skin is much less oily after acne treatment, I've found that this works really well for me. It only gets shiny toward the end of the day, and goes on matte. Lasted a full 8 hours too. Ironically, it's now one of my favorites. The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't make any claims to fade dark spots like a lot of CC creams, which is disappointing, but I could be wrong.