Chanel CC cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Chanel CC cream

3.4

This did not go on well. It was very cakey and drying. It bunched up and flaked off within half an hour. It is one of the few products I have ever thrown out.

on 7/6/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Me: adult hormonal acne with melasma, NW/ NC 15-25.

Adorable finish and coverage! Quite neutral in the lightest shade, does not turn orange. You have to be careful when you apply it, cause it almost gives a full coverage, and that can easily look like a "mask" if applied everywhere. I guess it's better to use it on specific areas, and almost as a foundation. Unfortunately it creases under the eyes and leaves strikes during hot summer days.

Still don't know if it would break me out, cause I received a sample. But I don't think it's oil-free...

The price is very, very high for such a small amount and for everyday use. So won't purchase, but liked how it looked.

on 5/11/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan unfortunately. I got the 30 shade as it seemed to match in the store (damn those lights! Lol). The packaging is beautiful, of course and functional. Not too hard to squeeze out and not so soft that it squishes out a huge amount. I felt like it "sat" on top of my skin instead of "melding" into it. I felt that it went on a little streaky with a brush so it's probably best applied with a bb sponge. I didn't bother to try because the shade is actually too pink so I will be returning it. I also agree w some of the other reviewers in that it gives a weird grayish tint as well. If anything, that's what killed this product for me. The shade. It's all kinds of wrong on me.
It has the usual chanel fragrance but it disappears after a while. My skin is sensitive, and more combo/oily these days. The fragrance didn't irritate my skin, but this cc cream made it look a little too shiny. For reference, my skin tone is around a nc/c 30-35; yellowy golden olive

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best cc cream I have used I have to be so careful what I put on my skin because I have oily problem skin I have used other products like this from cheaper price ranges and found they did nothing but add oil to my face I can put this on and feel confident about my skin which is somthing I have trouble doing!

on 6/19/2014 4:39:00 AM

This product smells so good. It's nice on. So here are the pro's and cons

Pros:
- good coverage
- has SPF
- keeps the skin hydrated
- colour was good for my skin tone, I believe there's only one colour

Cons:
- can only purchase in Asia
- makes you oily and leaves creases after a few hours
- there's only one colour

My first review here is for CC Cream Complete Correction SPF 30 PA+++ in 20 Beige. When first time I bought the first tube last year, no other optional choice, but 20 Beige.

I've purchased the second tube couple months ago at Incheon Duty Free, for a stock when I'm about running out the first one in upcoming, probably, 3 months. We don't have Chanel Makeup Counter here in Indonesia, but in Duty Free Soekarno-Hatta Airport, and they don't sell this by the time I wanted to buy.

Packaging: It's hygienic tube, sleek white with sturdy cap. It's absolutely compact for traveling.

Texture: thick, creamy, and yellowish. It's best using beauty blender to apply, than foundation brush or worse, fingers.

Complexion after application: slightly brightened and healthier with sheer, but buildable into medium coverage. I can still see blemishes or freckles or redness (that's the use of concealer), but in overall, looking good and sheer, and looking even better after few hours. Even better if using primer (I use Chanel Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base SPF35 PA+++ under, and Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair, as setting powder).

I'm sensitive combo acne prone skin type and most foundation or compact powder broke me out, but this CC Cream didn't.

The texture isn't as good as Vitalumiere Aqua, which is runny but cooling, but I prefer CC Cream since the Vitalumiere Aqua is a bit oxydized on me, darker in the mid of the day.

I took one lippie for the price tag since I'm actually NW25 skin, I wish someday Chanel will consider between 20 to 30. 20 is a bit too bright, while 30 is too dark for me, but I will always repurchase Chanel CC Cream, to be used for daily or even special occasion, since I don't like make up that showing make up. Luv it!

This is my everyday go to foundation because its very natural looking and covers a lot without looking cakey and thats saying a lot because i have larger than normal pores and ugly red acne scars all over the sides of my cheeks. Because this has hyaluronic acid in it to moisturize it does tend to make my face look oily pretty quickly however thats no real problem i just blot it off and I'm good to go. It's really easy to apply with a wet sponge. The color is very pale so I would only recommend this to those in the fair range.It works for me cause I'm fairly pale and the color really adjusts. I also have sensitive acne prone skin and this doesn't seem to worsen it. So all in all I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking for a quick all in one coverage, has fair skin, and wants a beautiful natural glow!

on 8/28/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So like all Chanel this is definitely a splurge item IMO.

I swatched this in the store and couldn't wait to pick it up.

It's funny one of the biggest criticisms of this CC cream is that it comes in one shade.-- I think that one shade is "beige"-- but yeah, it's a little bizarre.

I find myself really difficult to match-- I am nc15, very warm and a lot of yellow in my skin. I would wear sand in bobbi brown and buff in revlon CS. I feel like *most* foundation brands really neglect my skin tone which is a super light yellow olive that borders on fair. Most foundations have light shades that pull too pink.

So astonishingly, this one shade of chanel CC cream happens to match my skin perfectly. I took that as a sign that we just needed to be together.

The pros:

--SPF 35 and the sunscreen is a physical sunscreen. I believe titanium dioxide. (This was one of the bigger motivators for me to switch from smashbox was that I wanted just a physical ss)

--perfect color match (for me). Will match you if you wear CS buff, are nc15-20, ELDW bone, bobbi brown sand, MUFE HD 117, etc...

--really decent coverage for a CC cream (when you first put it on you're basically flawless)

- blends well
- did not seem to irritate my skin

Now on to the Cons:
- expensive. I don't feel like quality justified the cost. This is another product where I felt like I was paying for the name "chanel". JMO

- does not last on skin. I used a setting powder and still only got about 4-5 hours of wear before my hyper pigmentation marks were almost totally visible. For me it's average coverage-- I think it wore as well as Smashbox. Wore longer than Nars TM and much much longer than Tarte BB, which is *not* long lasting at allll (on me)

- biggest CON of all *and* the reason I returned the product. THE SMELL!! OMG this product smells terrible. I can't explain it-- it's almost like a chemical strawberry or watermelon scent. But it's so artificial it almost has a BO quality to it.

I don't like fragrance in my products. I don't mind a sunscreen or paint smell that is often found in foundations/BB/etc-- that I don't care about, but I really can't stand perfumed facial products.

First off, fragrance tends to be a big irritant for me-- especially putting it near my eyes. This fragrance didnt cause any physical irritation-- but it was pretty relentless. I kept waiting for the smell to dissipate or at least lessen and it never ever did.

I walked around smelling like BO and watermelon for what seemed like forever.

It was very offensive to the point of it being a chore to wear, so at that price I couldn't justify keeping it :(

Can't stress enough- if you're pale and yellow like me it is a *great* color match though.

Oh well

on 8/9/2013 1:37:00 PM

It made me break out at first, but I think all CC/BB creams do that. My skin is used to it now and I can use it on it's own if I want to. I love the smell and colour of it. I would buy it again.

I probably wouldn't buy it again because although I like the coverage when I first put it on, it looks like it goes away after a couple hours. I prefer their foundation.