Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.5

on 9/20/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It doesn't help you if you have an oily skin because it doesn't have matte finish at all. But for the dry skin team, it's for you guys because it makes your face looks so glowing but not so oily.. but the colour range is not too many, i think that's not suitable for the medium & darker skin person..

on 2/27/2017 7:16:00 PM

I have never used a CC cream before and I am so glad I've started with this one. I apply just with using with my fingers and it blends so well and evenly and leaves a very nice finish. It gives a very nice healthy glow to the skin, however I suggest using a setting powder on top as it looks like it can leave the skin oily throughout the day. When i use this product as well as a setting powder i never get oily throughout the day and i have very very oily skin.
The coverage is amazing. I have dark spots and its just enough to cover them without having to use a concealer, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling cloggy at all.
It also smells amazing. Love the packaging - anything in a squeezy tube is good. I think my friend got this product for me for the price of $55 and I think it's totally worth it for Chanel !
I would definitely repurchase this product. Its everything i need - a breathable makeup and sun protection in one!

on 8/9/2016 6:04:00 PM

I like the consistency and the blendability. The formula is on the thicker side. There is a mild smell which smells amazing! It's a light fresh scent.

This CC cream is my HG!!! I feel like I've tried almost every kind of foundation and facial moisturizer out there...some okay, some blah, some just awful. But Chanel CC Cream is the answer to my makeup prayers! A little expensive (I paid 68 euros), but if you add up how much you spend individually on foundation, SS, and moisturizer, you can easily justify the price.

Pros:
- Moisturizer, SS (spf 50, amazing) and foundation in 1!
- Gorgeous dewy finish
- Feels lightweight but provides great coverage (covers my acne scars, hallelujah)
- Brightens up my whole complexion
- I find that my concealer sits really well overtop
- No pilling at all, which is why I dumped CeraVe AM
- Perfect for normal, combo, or dry skin

Cons:
- Would prefer a pump packaging, a little cleaner imo
- Expensive, but the price is justifiable and a little does go a long way

Would repurchase!!! <3 Merci Chanel !

on 1/21/2016 6:21:00 AM

Bought the full tube right away, since I never had a 'bad' Chanel experience with foundations or tinted moisturizers. This however is a different class product. First of all the price, which is very high! I was able to buy it with a good discount and some store coupons, but still!
Slightly exaggerated Chanel & Co!
Then, the colour. I nearly always use nr. 20, in Chanel colour products for my face, but with this product it is really much whiter (ghostly) than for instance the Vitalumière foundation in nr. 20. So you will need to apply a good layer of some coloured powder. Or blush or probably both. MUA Mary Greenwell did a video on this product, just Google it, you will see what I mean... ;-).
It does have a nice feel on the skin (now that is it wintertime), but I can imagine that in summertime this will fall of my face after 10pm. During hot days this is just to much on your skin. I will go and experiment a little with the colour, by simply blending the Les Beiges tinted moisturizer (of course in nr. 20) with this. Maybe the colour will be more acceptable.
Will update!
Update: 2/15/2016
I am starting to like this CC cream more and more. For some reason I am able to apply it more easily and I am geting used to the ghasly/ghostly whitish colour :-) I am now using a technique which I saw Bobbi Brown make up artists doing. After application I gently press my face with my hands. Which results in taking away the excess and warming up the colour more quickly. It also helps to use a more moisturizing cream/serum underneath.
Will update!

I was given a sample from a Chanel gift bag. It was a bit pale for me, have to make sure to blend it properly or you could see the line around my forehead.

I liked this product I have changed from my medium- full coverage foundations and have discovered BB/CC creams. I have L'oreals CC cream for anti redness and Lancôme I believe CC cream which is actually quite heavy for a CC cream.

I do like the Chanel CC cream it suited my skin and was great if I didn't want to use a heavier foundation. I believe the sample I had was SPF 50 which is amazing.

I am on the fence if I would ever buy it as I hear the bottle is quite small and a heavy price. Maybe if it was a gift to myself or Christmas gift I would think about purchasing it.

on 12/25/2015 10:30:00 AM

I like the scent and the simple, light packaging but I thought it was too cakey and heavy on. It didn't give a dewy glow...I felt like it accentuated dryness and it didn't seem like skin.

It's Chanel and I received it as a gift so I'll give it a go to see if I can make it work. Maybe I will thin it out with some shimmer base.

Edit: I think I know what it is. The color. It's very yellow and makes me look like I have on fakeness, or makeup. It is a dull mask-like yellow. I'm yellow olive but this is just too much. And it's very heavy too. I tried sheering it out with my trusty Guerlain Perle UV base but .... no go. I hate it. For the price, I am SO glad I didn't use my own money.

on 12/19/2015 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bought this from a trusted Instagram seller since Chanel cosmetic store isn't available yet at Jakarta, Indonesia. I got the Beige Rose, since I am a NW25/B40. I'm using a skin care prescription from my doctor which made occasional purging and peeling and (almost permanent) redness around nose, cheek and chin area so it's obvious that I have a problem with uneven complexion together with flakiness. The CC cream came in white box and white 30ml tube with twisting black cap embossed with double Cs on the bottom. I am expecting that pleasant Chanel cosmetic scent, the same one from the Les Beiges line. And to my glee, yes it does have the same smell. I was wowed from the first application, I only need 1 little drop to cover the whole face and neck with O'Wow Cailyn Brush to have the "normal" skin color that stays from dawn (woke up at 5 am on working days) to night (got home around 8 pm after dinner). It's a more dense liquid compared to Les Beiges Healthy Cream and it has more coverage too. I haven't had any break out or irritation after a week of using this, but I'll keep both eyes out. Since I'm overwhelmed with the result I decided to make this as my HG and will repurchase when I finish it. Eventhough I really hope Chanel opens their cosmetic store here really soon. Ciao!

on 8/10/2015 12:16:00 AM

Somehow this gives an ashy look.

on 7/19/2015 3:43:00 PM

I truly believe this is one of the best CC cream on the Western market, but is it worth 59CAD$? Not for me and it makes me cry to spend so much money for a 30ml tube. You could buy a 50ml Korean BB/CC cream for 20$ and you would get the same results. It may sound a little silly, but I can almost compare this product to the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream in terms of functions:
- Light-medium to buildable coverage
- Long lasting
- Light weight
- SPF30/PA++
- A little goes a long way
- Gives natural dewy finish.
This is an excellent product if you are looking for all these characteristics. Even if it seems to work beautifully, the cons are mostly in the ingredients. Some people have noticed irritation after using this product and I'm slightly concerned about the skin caring of this CC. (For more informations about the ingredients: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_b0a498156.html).
Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream offers more benefits (anti-wrinkle, non-greasy, brightening, whitening etc.) and like other Asian BB creams, is more focused on skin care.
The product was first released in Asia and the shade range is very poor since it was made for Asian skin tones (or I'd rather say, Asian beauty standard...). There are only 2 shades available: Beige 20 and Beige Rose 32. Even if the second shade says ''rose'', they are both light to medium and warmed toned. The sales lady recommended me Beige Rose 32, which seemed like a great match, but when I got home and tried it on my face, it was a little too dark (but I'm able to correct it with a lighter powder). Unlike other Western CC creams, this can be worn on its own. The sales assistant said that this could be used as a base... To be honest,I don't feel the need to go with a foundation over because it delivers enough coverage.
The packaging is okay. The fact that it's a tube doesn't make it as hygienic as a pump, but since the hole is quite small, it's not a big issue for me.

Finally, think twice before buying this product because like I said, it only contains 30ml... Fortunately, you need a small amount to cover your entire face, but I still wouldn't use this product everyday because of the price. 59CAD$ is insane when you know there are less expensive BBs/CCs out there doing the exact same thing as this (and have more benefits).
(Some people are very fond of Chanel products and will probably always stick to this brand, and I can't blame them. But for people who are suspicious about getting it, this is simply a friendly reminder that there are other alternatives you could eventually try. Don't forget that you can always ask for samples too!)
Good luck!