Chanel CC cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Chanel CC cream

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't break me out which is good. I find that it doesn't blend well into the skin, looks like a film of product on the face. Makes my skin looks streaky as well, lines were enhanced for some reason. I will not buy again, there are many better products out there.

on 4/4/2017 8:16:00 AM

Went to Chanel counter looking for a foundation. Got a few samples of heavier foundations, and the girl shoved in the CC cream sample too. Ended up going back and buying it as I just love it!! What a great product. I know everyones skin is different and likes different things. My skin is usually fairly normal, but recently it's been a bit drier. So I went for this as it is very hydrating, and leaves a lovely dewy look. If you don't want to look too dewy you can always use a translucent powder on top, which I do. It's easy to apply, a little goes a long way, and the coverage is good too but doesn't feel like it's too heavy on your face. Lasts well throughout the day too. Thought the price was quite steep compared to Chanel's actual foundations in nice frosty glass bottles, however feel it's well worth it, and will definitely be buying again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've tried so many but this one is head and shoulders the best! Use a tiny bit, great coverage, lasts all day.

on 8/11/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This cc cream by Chanel is by a long way my favourite tinted moisturiser/BB cream/CC cream I've tried so far.
I actually think the whole 'CC cream' marketing of this is completely pointless, it's basically a hydrating cream foundation that gives really decent coverage, is long lasting and has spf 50 - for normal to dry, dehydrated skin like mine it's pretty darn perfect!!
I have no idea why this is in the skincare category.
For me this is much more hydrating than Vitalumiere Aqua and so much more long lasting than Chanel's other moisturing offering Vitalumiere foundation. It's a shame this only comes in three shades but I think they lean more yellow/neutral than a lot of other CC creams.
Despite the spf this also photographs really beautifully, under flash I was surprised it didn't leave a white cast!!
Overall this should be a great daytime foundation except for maybe the very oily skin types?
The price is CRAZY expensive, hopefully it's reflected in the ingredients? But I would repurchase without any hesitation!

on 7/24/2015 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is for the 2015 reformulation. There are three shades and I see on the US website it has an SPF of 50 while here in Australia it has SPF 30. I have this in the lightest shade, which is 10. This is listed under skincare rather than makeup according to Chanel.

I love Chanel vitalumiere aqua but wanted something that had a bit more coverage for days where I want to look more done up. The sales explained that their heavier foundation, perfection lumiere, would he way too drying on my skin. She then proceeded to rave about the new cc cream. She didn't like the previous version apparently, but she loved the reformulation. I have not been interested in cc creams and have been of the opinion that if I did want one I would order one from Asia. I wasn't too keen but I let the SA do her thing and apply it on my face. This has more coverage than vitalumiere aqua but doesn't give full coverage. It is more medium. But the SA showed me a tip where you layer the vit aqua over the cc cream and it looked flawless. I ended up loving the finish and was convinced enough to buy a tube.

I would layer the two for special events but I'm really loving the cc by itself. It is more pigmented than your average tinted moisturiser or bb cream. It is actually really good at covering redness, which is a primary concern for me as of late. It is winter at the moment so I have yet to test it in the summer but so far I have experienced no longevity issues.

The formula is definitely a cream rather than a liquid but it is very easy to blend for a cream and you can use a brush as well as your fingers. This is no where near as thick and creamy as laura mercier creme smooth for example. It has a slight fragrance, which isn't too strong as far as Chanel cosmetics go. It doesn't bother my relatively sensitive nose.

As well as covering redness I find it covers pores pretty well too. It also smooths over fine lines and does give the skin a plumped appearance. It sits nicely and feels comfortable on my dry skin. It gives a slightly dewy finish but is no where as dewy as the original vitalumiere, which can sometimes look oily and shiny. I know Chanel markets this as skincare, but really it's makeup. It feels more like a foundation to me, but a very nice one at that.

I see that people are complaining about the price but it's cheaper than the other Chanel foundations. It's still an expensive product but a price you'd expect from Chanel and other high end brands.

This was a nice surprise for me. I'm really enjoying it.

on 4/16/2015 3:40:00 PM

I really did not like this product.

The smell was nice and fresh, it looked good on the skin only if mixed with some kind of moisturiser. The consistency was far too thick and the shade was too dark and very pink undertones, I can't imagine anyone having skin that pink. I liked that it had such a high SPF but didn't look too white or luminous, however overall the product was a real disappointment.

For such an expensive product, it is definitely not worth it for me. I would say it does its job as a CC cream as redness was reduced, but fails in every other department.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was a fail for me it made My skin glow covered my pores and made my skin look even dewy and very radiant but alas that's where my love for this came to a bitter sweet end the color was not a match not even close and it was the lightest shade it goes orange on me I have had this problem with brands like chanel and dior and even clarins running to dark on me so this is a no buy for me:/

on 12/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

CG 3-in1 foundation is a Dupe! Extremely similar texture and finish but higher coverage. This one has a tin foil shine to it. Its alright but not worth the price tag and heavy fragrance. Also caused a few bumps after a few uses. much prefer the CG! Wont repurchase (xmas gift). Also it dries really quicky. Those with dryish skin this might emphasize flakes. The silicone formula does however fill up pores. Be sure to oil cleane with this.