Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

Let me start by saying this product is very expensive (CDN$70). However, a little goes a long way and it goes on beautifully. It feels luxurious, blends well (I just use my fingers), covers my rosacea, and gives a healthy glow to the skin.

It's great that this has SPF. However, as with any foundation with SPF, If I'm going to be out in the sun I always wear a layer of SS underneath, because in order to have adequate UV protection you'd need quite a lot of product on your face for it to be effective.

I have sensitive, combo, dehydrated skin, NC20 and I wear the 2nd lightest shade.

on 1/12/2018 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Best cc cream I have used I have to be so careful what I put on my skin because I have oily problem skin I have used other products like this from cheaper price ranges and found they did nothing but add oil to my face I can put this on and feel confident about my skin which is somthing I have trouble doing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this product because it offers phenomenal coverage and has SPF 25. For those of you who are sensitive to scent, you should know that this product is heavily perfumed. That did surprise me because I've used a number of other various Chanel products that have no discernible odor whatsoever. Regardless, I greatly enjoy this product, especially in the summer months when I'm outside and can use the extra sun protection. I would say a little of this goes a long way and a tube lasts quite awhile. There is one fluid ounce of product in this packaging. I wouldn't think this would suit those with especially oily skin because the SPF can add a bit of shine to the finish. I do think all other skin types would enjoy using this product.

on 4/4/2017 8:16:00 AM

Went to Chanel counter looking for a foundation. Got a few samples of heavier foundations, and the girl shoved in the CC cream sample too. Ended up going back and buying it as I just love it!! What a great product. I know everyones skin is different and likes different things. My skin is usually fairly normal, but recently it's been a bit drier. So I went for this as it is very hydrating, and leaves a lovely dewy look. If you don't want to look too dewy you can always use a translucent powder on top, which I do. It's easy to apply, a little goes a long way, and the coverage is good too but doesn't feel like it's too heavy on your face. Lasts well throughout the day too. Thought the price was quite steep compared to Chanel's actual foundations in nice frosty glass bottles, however feel it's well worth it, and will definitely be buying again.

on 2/27/2017 7:16:00 PM

I have never used a CC cream before and I am so glad I've started with this one. I apply just with using with my fingers and it blends so well and evenly and leaves a very nice finish. It gives a very nice healthy glow to the skin, however I suggest using a setting powder on top as it looks like it can leave the skin oily throughout the day. When i use this product as well as a setting powder i never get oily throughout the day and i have very very oily skin.
The coverage is amazing. I have dark spots and its just enough to cover them without having to use a concealer, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling cloggy at all.
It also smells amazing. Love the packaging - anything in a squeezy tube is good. I think my friend got this product for me for the price of $55 and I think it's totally worth it for Chanel !
I would definitely repurchase this product. Its everything i need - a breathable makeup and sun protection in one!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've tried so many but this one is head and shoulders the best! Use a tiny bit, great coverage, lasts all day.

on 5/3/2016 6:56:00 AM

It's worth the price and when you've used for some months at least I felt a difference- the skin feels smoother and my problem areas with dry skin is gone. Its awesome for daily makeup if your not into foundation every day. I recommend a primer underneath so the cream is easier to apply to skin. The cc cream can also be build up for more coverage. Love it!

This CC cream is my HG!!! I feel like I've tried almost every kind of foundation and facial moisturizer out there...some okay, some blah, some just awful. But Chanel CC Cream is the answer to my makeup prayers! A little expensive (I paid 68 euros), but if you add up how much you spend individually on foundation, SS, and moisturizer, you can easily justify the price.

Pros:
- Moisturizer, SS (spf 50, amazing) and foundation in 1!
- Gorgeous dewy finish
- Feels lightweight but provides great coverage (covers my acne scars, hallelujah)
- Brightens up my whole complexion
- I find that my concealer sits really well overtop
- No pilling at all, which is why I dumped CeraVe AM
- Perfect for normal, combo, or dry skin

Cons:
- Would prefer a pump packaging, a little cleaner imo
- Expensive, but the price is justifiable and a little does go a long way

Would repurchase!!! <3 Merci Chanel !

on 1/21/2016 6:21:00 AM

Bought the full tube right away, since I never had a 'bad' Chanel experience with foundations or tinted moisturizers. This however is a different class product. First of all the price, which is very high! I was able to buy it with a good discount and some store coupons, but still!
Slightly exaggerated Chanel & Co!
Then, the colour. I nearly always use nr. 20, in Chanel colour products for my face, but with this product it is really much whiter (ghostly) than for instance the Vitalumière foundation in nr. 20. So you will need to apply a good layer of some coloured powder. Or blush or probably both. MUA Mary Greenwell did a video on this product, just Google it, you will see what I mean... ;-).
It does have a nice feel on the skin (now that is it wintertime), but I can imagine that in summertime this will fall of my face after 10pm. During hot days this is just to much on your skin. I will go and experiment a little with the colour, by simply blending the Les Beiges tinted moisturizer (of course in nr. 20) with this. Maybe the colour will be more acceptable.
Will update!
Update: 2/15/2016
I am starting to like this CC cream more and more. For some reason I am able to apply it more easily and I am geting used to the ghasly/ghostly whitish colour :-) I am now using a technique which I saw Bobbi Brown make up artists doing. After application I gently press my face with my hands. Which results in taking away the excess and warming up the colour more quickly. It also helps to use a more moisturizing cream/serum underneath.
Will update!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a medium skin-toned, Lancome OO3, Mac NC25, Laneige No. 21 Natural Beige. My skin is sensitive, and stays clear on most days, with occasional breakouts of zits on my forehead and one or two large ones on the nose and cheek when I am stressed out. This is a great fit for my skin. I have this in No. 20 Beige. It's creamy and leaves a matte but glowing finish, not oily or overly dewy or white like the Korean BB creams. This cream has a yellow undertone. People complain that it is too thick and looks like a mask, the trick is to apply sheer layers, any foundation when applied with a heavy hand looks like a mask. Just squeeze the tube gently and put a dot of about 3-5 mm diameter on each side of your face and use the same for your forehead, and spread it with fingers. I usually use the Mac 130 brush to stipple this on my face, the finish looks natural, and gives the best finish when set with the Chanel Les Beige pressed powder No. 20 (this is the best combination in my opinion). This is a light to medium coverage cream, it covers light acne scars, and freckles but not red angry acne scars. Don't use too much or it will look unnaturally white. This is the best CC cream I've come across, I'm on my second tube although it costs SGD$72. I prefer this over the Laneige BB cushion which oxidizes on me, and looks darker after about 4 hours. The Laneige BB Cushion cakes when you apply a loose powder on top ( I've also tried putting compact powder from Laneige, Kose Infinity, Shu Uemura, it just cakes and looks terrible). This Chanel CC cream lasts more than 8 hours on me, have good SPF protection, and applies smoothly. When I'm out in the sun and sweating like a pig, this CC cream does not disappear on my skin! I still look glowy. At the end of a 14-hour day, I find traces of it when I clean my face, that's how long it lasts on my skin.