Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

4.1

on 12/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

CG 3-in1 foundation is a Dupe! Extremely similar texture and finish but higher coverage. This one has a tin foil shine to it. Its alright but not worth the price tag and heavy fragrance. Also caused a few bumps after a few uses. much prefer the CG! Wont repurchase (xmas gift). Also it dries really quicky. Those with dryish skin this might emphasize flakes. The silicone formula does however fill up pores. Be sure to oil cleane with this.

on 10/26/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this because I love the ease of BB and CC creams--they're one step. I have two other Chanel foundations(new to my collection that I love) so I thought this would be a homerun. I bought no 20 since I am that color in the foundations but it is a little light. It does oxidize some with wear. It covers way more that the Chanel foundations, both offer sheer to medium coverage, and this gives light to medium coverage because it has zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and octinoxinate as the sunscreen. It adds a luminous look. All good but here's the weird thing. After about 3 hours I checked my face to see how it was wearing and I had white streaks on my face: on my chin, forehead, down my cheeks. I had not worked out or walked in the rain. I had been watching TV. Nothing strenuous. I had used my fingers to apply. I don't know if this was an aberration but I will try again before I give up on it.

on 3/4/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It has the strongest scent out of any of the Chanel foundations. And don't let the name CC Cream fool you. This is medium to full coverage foundation. It's very thick going on and the smell is overpowering. It looks nice in natural light, like you have nice makeup, not nice skin. I'd rather my foundation make me look like I have great skin naturally. It's very expensive but it does have a good spf 50. Not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was a fail for me it made My skin glow covered my pores and made my skin look even dewy and very radiant but alas that's where my love for this came to a bitter sweet end the color was not a match not even close and it was the lightest shade it goes orange on me I have had this problem with brands like chanel and dior and even clarins running to dark on me so this is a no buy for me:/

on 8/28/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So like all Chanel this is definitely a splurge item IMO.

I swatched this in the store and couldn't wait to pick it up.

It's funny one of the biggest criticisms of this CC cream is that it comes in one shade.-- I think that one shade is "beige"-- but yeah, it's a little bizarre.

I find myself really difficult to match-- I am nc15, very warm and a lot of yellow in my skin. I would wear sand in bobbi brown and buff in revlon CS. I feel like *most* foundation brands really neglect my skin tone which is a super light yellow olive that borders on fair. Most foundations have light shades that pull too pink.

So astonishingly, this one shade of chanel CC cream happens to match my skin perfectly. I took that as a sign that we just needed to be together.

The pros:

--SPF 35 and the sunscreen is a physical sunscreen. I believe titanium dioxide. (This was one of the bigger motivators for me to switch from smashbox was that I wanted just a physical ss)

--perfect color match (for me). Will match you if you wear CS buff, are nc15-20, ELDW bone, bobbi brown sand, MUFE HD 117, etc...

--really decent coverage for a CC cream (when you first put it on you're basically flawless)

- blends well
- did not seem to irritate my skin

Now on to the Cons:
- expensive. I don't feel like quality justified the cost. This is another product where I felt like I was paying for the name "chanel". JMO

- does not last on skin. I used a setting powder and still only got about 4-5 hours of wear before my hyper pigmentation marks were almost totally visible. For me it's average coverage-- I think it wore as well as Smashbox. Wore longer than Nars TM and much much longer than Tarte BB, which is *not* long lasting at allll (on me)

- biggest CON of all *and* the reason I returned the product. THE SMELL!! OMG this product smells terrible. I can't explain it-- it's almost like a chemical strawberry or watermelon scent. But it's so artificial it almost has a BO quality to it.

I don't like fragrance in my products. I don't mind a sunscreen or paint smell that is often found in foundations/BB/etc-- that I don't care about, but I really can't stand perfumed facial products.

First off, fragrance tends to be a big irritant for me-- especially putting it near my eyes. This fragrance didnt cause any physical irritation-- but it was pretty relentless. I kept waiting for the smell to dissipate or at least lessen and it never ever did.

I walked around smelling like BO and watermelon for what seemed like forever.

It was very offensive to the point of it being a chore to wear, so at that price I couldn't justify keeping it :(

Can't stress enough- if you're pale and yellow like me it is a *great* color match though.

Oh well

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesn't do oily skin any favors. I'm blotting twice a day. But that's normal for me so I'm nonplussed. It's normal. So +/- for me. The scent is pleasant like all chanel products. Chanel has ONE color selection (beige 30) I'm beige 20 NC20 so I was floored when the color "fit." [matched decently]. $$ product (USD$55) but worth it it's like a med coverage fdtn more than a CC. The only other CC I tried was Physicians Formula the rest were actual BB's. #winning

on 1/3/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has recently been reformulated with an SPF 50, and the formula is slightly different. It went on my skin nicely, I was a 30 in this. It is definitely more full coverage, and the high SPF is a plus. The price though, $70 CDN, is a bit tough to swallow. I liked the coverage a lot, and the high SPF, but the price is really high. If you want to splurge, go ahead, but try a sample first.

on 7/19/2015 3:29:00 AM

I really wanted to love this but honestly I don't think it's anything special. It goes on evenly and gives reasonable coverage however I feel that it makes my skin look dull and it tends to flake and fade within a few hours. There are much better cc creams on the market that are better value for money. Also I am not really a packaging snob but who was the genius who decided to put a tinted cream in a white tube? The tube gets dirty and scummy really easily.

on 6/25/2015 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I ended up loving this stuff! I originally bought this as an alternative to sunscreen. All sunscreen breaks me out, and I have tried dozens of them. Anyways as soon as I saw the SPF of 50 I felt that I had to give it a shot. I was skeptical at first but once I put it on, I was hooked. It not only made my skin feel nice and smooth, but the coverage was excellent for a cc cream. In fact I don't even need to wear concealer or foundation. I been using it for a few weeks now, and my skin is loving it! No breakouts, yay! The only reason I didn't give it a full five is because it's expensive, but it worth it. Sometimes you just have to splurge. For reference I got it in beige 40, Im NC35

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.