Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

This did not go on well. It was very cakey and drying. It bunched up and flaked off within half an hour. It is one of the few products I have ever thrown out.

on 12/25/2015 10:30:00 AM

I like the scent and the simple, light packaging but I thought it was too cakey and heavy on. It didn't give a dewy glow...I felt like it accentuated dryness and it didn't seem like skin.

It's Chanel and I received it as a gift so I'll give it a go to see if I can make it work. Maybe I will thin it out with some shimmer base.

Edit: I think I know what it is. The color. It's very yellow and makes me look like I have on fakeness, or makeup. It is a dull mask-like yellow. I'm yellow olive but this is just too much. And it's very heavy too. I tried sheering it out with my trusty Guerlain Perle UV base but .... no go. I hate it. For the price, I am SO glad I didn't use my own money.

on 5/11/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan unfortunately. I got the 30 shade as it seemed to match in the store (damn those lights! Lol). The packaging is beautiful, of course and functional. Not too hard to squeeze out and not so soft that it squishes out a huge amount. I felt like it "sat" on top of my skin instead of "melding" into it. I felt that it went on a little streaky with a brush so it's probably best applied with a bb sponge. I didn't bother to try because the shade is actually too pink so I will be returning it. I also agree w some of the other reviewers in that it gives a weird grayish tint as well. If anything, that's what killed this product for me. The shade. It's all kinds of wrong on me.
It has the usual chanel fragrance but it disappears after a while. My skin is sensitive, and more combo/oily these days. The fragrance didn't irritate my skin, but this cc cream made it look a little too shiny. For reference, my skin tone is around a nc/c 30-35; yellowy golden olive

I really like Chanel creams and liquid foundations so I thought I would give this a try. I got it in no.40 which is my shade.
I have combination skin and an oily t-zone and this made my nose and forehead look super shiny and greasy. I even tried to set it with some powder but the shine still came through and the cream didnt stay put for long on its own either.
It also made my skin look grey/dark after a few hours.

It does have a high SPF which would be good if the cream lasted longer on my skin!

Definitely expect a better quality product for 40, will not repurchase.

on 10/4/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's start with my skin type; sensitive, very dry around the cheeks, annoyingly oily in the t-zone.

This product disappointed me. I'm a big Chanel fan and use many of their products in my skincare and make up routine.
I needed something with high SPF so I wanted to try the CC cream out.

Pros;
- convenient packaging
- pores were reduced significantly
- coverage was medium to full

Cons;
- burning sensation upon application
- didn't last very long during the day
- accentuate flakiness on cheeks
- slipps and slides around despite using powder to set
- caused me to be even oily-er than usual
- made me face EXTREMELY shiny and dirty looking (eww)

Didn't work for me, but it might work for you. :)

I normally never post reviews however for this product I just had to. This is one of the worst product I have ever used. First the fragrance, I never have had any problems with fragrance in products in the past but this product is horrible! It smells like saliva mixed with old lady perfume! It lingers for a long time and makes me dizzy and sick! Texture wise, it feels really patchy, it doesn't blend easily and transfers really easily. It can be like wiped off... Because I don't personally use powder as I dislike powders, this cream doesn't set by itself... It just sits on top feeling like a heavy mask. Coverage wise, it has very high coverage, it definitely has too much coverage for me. It feels and look really cakey as it very thick. It is definitely high medium coverage. Ingredient wise this product didn't really contain much skin care benefit or very little. Another factor is that I found lots of Paraban in this product I think there was 4. This may be the reason my face looked extremely red after removing the cream and caused irritation to my apple zone. Price wise, this retails about 70 dollars so I wouldn't say it is very expensive and is pretty good value considering the amount you get. However overall this was a horrible product and didn't like it at all. I don't know how Chanel actually would produce this, as such a famous brand. I guess it just didn't work for me.

on 1/15/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to wash this off after 3 hours because the smell was so strong. The next morning a rash appeared on my cheeks and my eyes were red, itchy and bloodshot.

I have good skin and don't need much coverage - so this could have been a decent product, but of course, Chanel had to marinate the formula in perfume. I wouldn't spray perfume directly on my face and that's what this CC cream basically is. Returned.

on 1/10/2014 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have an small acne problem around my chin & jaw line, I also have a few acne scars around my cheeks, so finding a good foundation to help cover a few of my facial flaws away is sometimes a little difficult. I decided to use CC cream to see how it can help with my problem, my face tends to get really oily & around my nose area gets very dry. When applying the product it felt very heavy on my face, it has a perfume smell to it but for me, the scent really didn't matter to me. Then I finished off with E.L.F powder. So far I've had it on for at least 5-6 hours & I feel uncomfortable with the foundation, it hasn't help with my dryness around my nose area, basically feels like I'm wearing a mask. So as my result & my opinion to this product is that I did not like how it came out, there were few dry patchy spots on my skin that the cream did not moisturize. If anyone who has the same skin situation as me, I would not recommend this to them.

on 8/15/2013 5:47:00 PM

I will never buy this product ever again. I did my face with Chanel CC cream and went hiking for two hours on a super hot and humid day. My face was completely melted after 30 mins and it even became so sticky that the tissue I used to wipe off sweats got stuck to my face. Very disappointed. I threw it away even though I still got more than half left.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This looked nice on but the fragrance was overpowering. Luckily she had made me a sample and I didn't purchase. Here are the correct ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Titanium dioxide 3.2% Zinc oxide 15.2%

Inactive ingredients

water • caprylyl methicone • PEG-10 dimethicone • dimethicone • glycerin • phenyl trimethicone • alcohol • methyl trimethicone • butylene glycol • prunus persica (peach) leaf extract • plankton extract • glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract • prunus persica (peach) fruit extract • hydrogenated polyisobutene • triethoxycaprylylsilane • phenoxyethanol • dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer • sodium chloride • stearic acid • potassium sorbate •alumina • fragrance • aluminum hydroxide • dimethicone crosspolymer • disteardimonium hectorite • sodium lauroyl glutamate • sodium hyaluronate • lysine • propylene carbonate • silica • propylene glycol • magnesium chloride • dipropylene glycol • BHT • ethylhexylglycerin • tocopherol • citric acid • sorbic acid (may contain) ultramarines • iron oxides • titanium dioxide • mica