CHANEL CC Cream

CHANEL CC Cream

3.5

While this product has a excellent finish, doesn't transfer, lasts a long time (seven months daily use), and covers redness well, it has removed every trace of moisture from my skin and shows disastrous crepey crinkles and lines not seen prior to use.
This of course could be the aging process, however, after I apply this CC cream, my skin is tight and hurts to move or smile, even when used with Dermalogica Super Rich Repair sealed in with a thin layer of Aquafor.
Astonishing.
It will take at least one year to repair my skin to baseline after discontinuation of use.
I will not repurchase and do not recommend.

on 12/1/2018 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In one word=pasty; two words=thick, overscented; four words: what was I thinking? I am 65(ouch, it really really smarts to write that)I have a beautiful complexion, smooth, soft and even toned(albeit a bit sallow these days)and I thought this would be perfect for me. I have the La Prairie Caviar foundation, which is exquisite, but I'm just not into foundations lately, so I figured CC was the way to go. However, if this is at all indicative of what a CC cream feels like, count me out and gone. This bondo, oops I meant cream, has so little movement to it that I thought I might need a palette knife to spread it on my face, now onto the 'look', this made my pores look so large that I could single-handedly eliminate the housing shortage as a family of six could move into each pore and have room for a carryout dinner. The scent is something else to behold, as in "whoa Nelly and head for the unscented hills". I love the scent of Joues Contraste(if cocaine smelled like JC, I would have moved to Peru by now)unfortunately the scent on this paste, oops I meant cream, has the perfume of a thousand single note chemically altered roses(from Neptune).
Honestly and truly I love Chanel cosmetics and am hooked on the stunning packaging, but boy-oh-boy this is very possibly one of the worst cosmetics I have ever beheld and I am a former professional/commercial makeup artist.

on 11/30/2018 6:50:00 AM

The new formulation is a disaster for me. It used to take about 10 years off the way my skin looked but now it adds about 10 years on! Its coverage is a lot worse and lines are more noticeable. The amazing thing about the old version was that it was so light but had great coverage and minimised lines. They have absolutely destroyed it so I'm now searching for a new foundation.

on 11/13/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years and I was very happy with it. Don't know what they have done to it and won't be buying this product again. The cc cream use to leave my skin with a beautiful glow, now it just looks dry and caked and if I put a small amount of moisturiser below it the cc just peels off. Not a good look !

on 5/9/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

EDIT after reformulation in mid '18:
I'm sad to take down my rating from a solid 4 to 1 after trying the reformulated version of this CC cream.
The new product is heavy, and sits on my skin looking dry and cakey. Just like some of the other reviewers stated, this adds years and lets my skin look much worse than wearing nothing. I liked this especially for the high sun protection, but this new version is unusable. Why Chanel, why?! Will not repurchase.

My go to CC Cream for years - until it was discontinued in summer of '17 - was Bobbi Brown's CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude, a perfect color match for my neutral/cool leaning N/NW15 normal to dry skin. I tried the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF50 in Fair after reading its many positive reviews but sadly I didn't like its finish or color selection, I reviewed it separately if interested. A week ago I bought shade 20 in this Chanel CC Cream and have used it every day since. It has a soft floral/citrus scent which I can tolerate, although I prefer my skin care to be fragrance free wherever possible. I have sensitive skin which can result in rosacea, but the Chanel CC Cream has not caused any issues so far. The color 20 is fine, it's a neutral light beige and the soft finish is nice too, neither too dewy, nor completely matte. I apply it with my fingers, because of the high price tag of $55 per 1-ounce tube, I didn't want too much product to be soaked up by a brush or sponge. The formulation is elegant, not too runny or thick, easy to apply and blend, without being sticky which is important to me. I also very much appreciate the high SPF50 sun protection. Packaging is decent, a sturdy tube with a securely closing screw top closure, therefore adequate for travel. So far I'm overall pleased with this cream and I indicated that I would buy again, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER)|ZINC OXIDE (NANO)|ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE|CAPRYLYL METHICONE|PEG-10 DIMETHICONE|DIMETHICONE|GLYCERIN|PHENYL TRIMETHICONE|TITANIUM DIOXIDE (NANO)|ALCOHOL|METHYL TRIMETHICONE|BUTYLENE GLYCOL|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) LEAF EXTRACT|PLANKTON EXTRACT|GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) FRUIT EXTRACT|HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE|TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE|PHENOXYETHANOL|DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER|SODIUM CHLORIDE|STEARIC ACID|POTASSIUM SORBATE|ALUMINA|PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)|ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE|DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER|DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE|SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE|SODIUM HYALURONATE|LYSINE|PROPYLENE CARBONATE|SILICA|PROPYLENE GLYCOL|MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE|DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL|BHT|ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN|TOCOPHEROL|CITRIC ACID|SORBIC ACID|[+ / - (MAY CONTAIN)|CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)|CI 77491,|CI 77492,|CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)|CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)|MICA]|IL07A-I

Luckily i got this as a sample. Stuff was not very interested, i was given 10 Beige. the texture was horrid, it didn't sink in and the colour mismatch was awful

I love Chanel makeup (who dosent?) but this was a miss for me. I had it on for a few hours and could feel it breaking out my skin.

This did not go on well. It was very cakey and drying. It bunched up and flaked off within half an hour. It is one of the few products I have ever thrown out.

on 12/25/2015 10:30:00 AM

I like the scent and the simple, light packaging but I thought it was too cakey and heavy on. It didn't give a dewy glow...I felt like it accentuated dryness and it didn't seem like skin.

It's Chanel and I received it as a gift so I'll give it a go to see if I can make it work. Maybe I will thin it out with some shimmer base.

Edit: I think I know what it is. The color. It's very yellow and makes me look like I have on fakeness, or makeup. It is a dull mask-like yellow. I'm yellow olive but this is just too much. And it's very heavy too. I tried sheering it out with my trusty Guerlain Perle UV base but .... no go. I hate it. For the price, I am SO glad I didn't use my own money.

on 5/11/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan unfortunately. I got the 30 shade as it seemed to match in the store (damn those lights! Lol). The packaging is beautiful, of course and functional. Not too hard to squeeze out and not so soft that it squishes out a huge amount. I felt like it "sat" on top of my skin instead of "melding" into it. I felt that it went on a little streaky with a brush so it's probably best applied with a bb sponge. I didn't bother to try because the shade is actually too pink so I will be returning it. I also agree w some of the other reviewers in that it gives a weird grayish tint as well. If anything, that's what killed this product for me. The shade. It's all kinds of wrong on me.
It has the usual chanel fragrance but it disappears after a while. My skin is sensitive, and more combo/oily these days. The fragrance didn't irritate my skin, but this cc cream made it look a little too shiny. For reference, my skin tone is around a nc/c 30-35; yellowy golden olive