CHANEL CC Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CHANEL CC Cream

3.3

on 1/21/2016 6:21:00 AM

Bought the full tube right away, since I never had a 'bad' Chanel experience with foundations or tinted moisturizers. This however is a different class product. First of all the price, which is very high! I was able to buy it with a good discount and some store coupons, but still!
Slightly exaggerated Chanel & Co!
Then, the colour. I nearly always use nr. 20, in Chanel colour products for my face, but with this product it is really much whiter (ghostly) than for instance the Vitalumière foundation in nr. 20. So you will need to apply a good layer of some coloured powder. Or blush or probably both. MUA Mary Greenwell did a video on this product, just Google it, you will see what I mean... ;-).
It does have a nice feel on the skin (now that is it wintertime), but I can imagine that in summertime this will fall of my face after 10pm. During hot days this is just to much on your skin. I will go and experiment a little with the colour, by simply blending the Les Beiges tinted moisturizer (of course in nr. 20) with this. Maybe the colour will be more acceptable.
Will update!
Update: 2/15/2016
I am starting to like this CC cream more and more. For some reason I am able to apply it more easily and I am geting used to the ghasly/ghostly whitish colour :-) I am now using a technique which I saw Bobbi Brown make up artists doing. After application I gently press my face with my hands. Which results in taking away the excess and warming up the colour more quickly. It also helps to use a more moisturizing cream/serum underneath.
Will update!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This looked nice on but the fragrance was overpowering. Luckily she had made me a sample and I didn't purchase. Here are the correct ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Titanium dioxide 3.2% Zinc oxide 15.2%

Inactive ingredients

water • caprylyl methicone • PEG-10 dimethicone • dimethicone • glycerin • phenyl trimethicone • alcohol • methyl trimethicone • butylene glycol • prunus persica (peach) leaf extract • plankton extract • glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract • prunus persica (peach) fruit extract • hydrogenated polyisobutene • triethoxycaprylylsilane • phenoxyethanol • dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer • sodium chloride • stearic acid • potassium sorbate •alumina • fragrance • aluminum hydroxide • dimethicone crosspolymer • disteardimonium hectorite • sodium lauroyl glutamate • sodium hyaluronate • lysine • propylene carbonate • silica • propylene glycol • magnesium chloride • dipropylene glycol • BHT • ethylhexylglycerin • tocopherol • citric acid • sorbic acid (may contain) ultramarines • iron oxides • titanium dioxide • mica

on 12/1/2018 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In one word=pasty; two words=thick, overscented; four words: what was I thinking? I am 65(ouch, it really really smarts to write that)I have a beautiful complexion, smooth, soft and even toned(albeit a bit sallow these days)and I thought this would be perfect for me. I have the La Prairie Caviar foundation, which is exquisite, but I'm just not into foundations lately, so I figured CC was the way to go. However, if this is at all indicative of what a CC cream feels like, count me out and gone. This bondo, oops I meant cream, has so little movement to it that I thought I might need a palette knife to spread it on my face, now onto the 'look', this made my pores look so large that I could single-handedly eliminate the housing shortage as a family of six could move into each pore and have room for a carryout dinner. The scent is something else to behold, as in "whoa Nelly and head for the unscented hills". I love the scent of Joues Contraste(if cocaine smelled like JC, I would have moved to Peru by now)unfortunately the scent on this paste, oops I meant cream, has the perfume of a thousand single note chemically altered roses(from Neptune).
Honestly and truly I love Chanel cosmetics and am hooked on the stunning packaging, but boy-oh-boy this is very possibly one of the worst cosmetics I have ever beheld and I am a former professional/commercial makeup artist.

on 5/9/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

EDIT after reformulation in mid '18:
I'm sad to take down my rating from a solid 4 to 1 after trying the reformulated version of this CC cream.
The new product is heavy, and sits on my skin looking dry and cakey. Just like some of the other reviewers stated, this adds years and lets my skin look much worse than wearing nothing. I liked this especially for the high sun protection, but this new version is unusable. Why Chanel, why?! Will not repurchase.

My go to CC Cream for years - until it was discontinued in summer of '17 - was Bobbi Brown's CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude, a perfect color match for my neutral/cool leaning N/NW15 normal to dry skin. I tried the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF50 in Fair after reading its many positive reviews but sadly I didn't like its finish or color selection, I reviewed it separately if interested. A week ago I bought shade 20 in this Chanel CC Cream and have used it every day since. It has a soft floral/citrus scent which I can tolerate, although I prefer my skin care to be fragrance free wherever possible. I have sensitive skin which can result in rosacea, but the Chanel CC Cream has not caused any issues so far. The color 20 is fine, it's a neutral light beige and the soft finish is nice too, neither too dewy, nor completely matte. I apply it with my fingers, because of the high price tag of $55 per 1-ounce tube, I didn't want too much product to be soaked up by a brush or sponge. The formulation is elegant, not too runny or thick, easy to apply and blend, without being sticky which is important to me. I also very much appreciate the high SPF50 sun protection. Packaging is decent, a sturdy tube with a securely closing screw top closure, therefore adequate for travel. So far I'm overall pleased with this cream and I indicated that I would buy again, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER)|ZINC OXIDE (NANO)|ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE|CAPRYLYL METHICONE|PEG-10 DIMETHICONE|DIMETHICONE|GLYCERIN|PHENYL TRIMETHICONE|TITANIUM DIOXIDE (NANO)|ALCOHOL|METHYL TRIMETHICONE|BUTYLENE GLYCOL|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) LEAF EXTRACT|PLANKTON EXTRACT|GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) FRUIT EXTRACT|HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE|TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE|PHENOXYETHANOL|DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER|SODIUM CHLORIDE|STEARIC ACID|POTASSIUM SORBATE|ALUMINA|PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)|ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE|DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER|DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE|SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE|SODIUM HYALURONATE|LYSINE|PROPYLENE CARBONATE|SILICA|PROPYLENE GLYCOL|MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE|DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL|BHT|ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN|TOCOPHEROL|CITRIC ACID|SORBIC ACID|[+ / - (MAY CONTAIN)|CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)|CI 77491,|CI 77492,|CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)|CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)|MICA]|IL07A-I

on 8/28/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So like all Chanel this is definitely a splurge item IMO.

I swatched this in the store and couldn't wait to pick it up.

It's funny one of the biggest criticisms of this CC cream is that it comes in one shade.-- I think that one shade is "beige"-- but yeah, it's a little bizarre.

I find myself really difficult to match-- I am nc15, very warm and a lot of yellow in my skin. I would wear sand in bobbi brown and buff in revlon CS. I feel like *most* foundation brands really neglect my skin tone which is a super light yellow olive that borders on fair. Most foundations have light shades that pull too pink.

So astonishingly, this one shade of chanel CC cream happens to match my skin perfectly. I took that as a sign that we just needed to be together.

The pros:

--SPF 35 and the sunscreen is a physical sunscreen. I believe titanium dioxide. (This was one of the bigger motivators for me to switch from smashbox was that I wanted just a physical ss)

--perfect color match (for me). Will match you if you wear CS buff, are nc15-20, ELDW bone, bobbi brown sand, MUFE HD 117, etc...

--really decent coverage for a CC cream (when you first put it on you're basically flawless)

- blends well
- did not seem to irritate my skin

Now on to the Cons:
- expensive. I don't feel like quality justified the cost. This is another product where I felt like I was paying for the name "chanel". JMO

- does not last on skin. I used a setting powder and still only got about 4-5 hours of wear before my hyper pigmentation marks were almost totally visible. For me it's average coverage-- I think it wore as well as Smashbox. Wore longer than Nars TM and much much longer than Tarte BB, which is *not* long lasting at allll (on me)

- biggest CON of all *and* the reason I returned the product. THE SMELL!! OMG this product smells terrible. I can't explain it-- it's almost like a chemical strawberry or watermelon scent. But it's so artificial it almost has a BO quality to it.

I don't like fragrance in my products. I don't mind a sunscreen or paint smell that is often found in foundations/BB/etc-- that I don't care about, but I really can't stand perfumed facial products.

First off, fragrance tends to be a big irritant for me-- especially putting it near my eyes. This fragrance didnt cause any physical irritation-- but it was pretty relentless. I kept waiting for the smell to dissipate or at least lessen and it never ever did.

I walked around smelling like BO and watermelon for what seemed like forever.

It was very offensive to the point of it being a chore to wear, so at that price I couldn't justify keeping it :(

Can't stress enough- if you're pale and yellow like me it is a *great* color match though.

Oh well

This did not go on well. It was very cakey and drying. It bunched up and flaked off within half an hour. It is one of the few products I have ever thrown out.

This CC cream is my HG!!! I feel like I've tried almost every kind of foundation and facial moisturizer out there...some okay, some blah, some just awful. But Chanel CC Cream is the answer to my makeup prayers! A little expensive (I paid 68 euros), but if you add up how much you spend individually on foundation, SS, and moisturizer, you can easily justify the price.

Pros:
- Moisturizer, SS (spf 50, amazing) and foundation in 1!
- Gorgeous dewy finish
- Feels lightweight but provides great coverage (covers my acne scars, hallelujah)
- Brightens up my whole complexion
- I find that my concealer sits really well overtop
- No pilling at all, which is why I dumped CeraVe AM
- Perfect for normal, combo, or dry skin

Cons:
- Would prefer a pump packaging, a little cleaner imo
- Expensive, but the price is justifiable and a little does go a long way

Would repurchase!!! <3 Merci Chanel !

on 12/25/2015 10:30:00 AM

I like the scent and the simple, light packaging but I thought it was too cakey and heavy on. It didn't give a dewy glow...I felt like it accentuated dryness and it didn't seem like skin.

It's Chanel and I received it as a gift so I'll give it a go to see if I can make it work. Maybe I will thin it out with some shimmer base.

Edit: I think I know what it is. The color. It's very yellow and makes me look like I have on fakeness, or makeup. It is a dull mask-like yellow. I'm yellow olive but this is just too much. And it's very heavy too. I tried sheering it out with my trusty Guerlain Perle UV base but .... no go. I hate it. For the price, I am SO glad I didn't use my own money.

I normally never post reviews however for this product I just had to. This is one of the worst product I have ever used. First the fragrance, I never have had any problems with fragrance in products in the past but this product is horrible! It smells like saliva mixed with old lady perfume! It lingers for a long time and makes me dizzy and sick! Texture wise, it feels really patchy, it doesn't blend easily and transfers really easily. It can be like wiped off... Because I don't personally use powder as I dislike powders, this cream doesn't set by itself... It just sits on top feeling like a heavy mask. Coverage wise, it has very high coverage, it definitely has too much coverage for me. It feels and look really cakey as it very thick. It is definitely high medium coverage. Ingredient wise this product didn't really contain much skin care benefit or very little. Another factor is that I found lots of Paraban in this product I think there was 4. This may be the reason my face looked extremely red after removing the cream and caused irritation to my apple zone. Price wise, this retails about 70 dollars so I wouldn't say it is very expensive and is pretty good value considering the amount you get. However overall this was a horrible product and didn't like it at all. I don't know how Chanel actually would produce this, as such a famous brand. I guess it just didn't work for me.

on 10/26/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this because I love the ease of BB and CC creams--they're one step. I have two other Chanel foundations(new to my collection that I love) so I thought this would be a homerun. I bought no 20 since I am that color in the foundations but it is a little light. It does oxidize some with wear. It covers way more that the Chanel foundations, both offer sheer to medium coverage, and this gives light to medium coverage because it has zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and octinoxinate as the sunscreen. It adds a luminous look. All good but here's the weird thing. After about 3 hours I checked my face to see how it was wearing and I had white streaks on my face: on my chin, forehead, down my cheeks. I had not worked out or walked in the rain. I had been watching TV. Nothing strenuous. I had used my fingers to apply. I don't know if this was an aberration but I will try again before I give up on it.