CHANEL CC Cream

CHANEL CC Cream

3.5

on 3/17/2019 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! A little bit of this gem goes a long way! This is the perfect light makeup for people that just want to put one product on their face and run out the door. This has heavier coverage than Laura Mercier’s TM but is a touch lighter than Chanel’s lightest coverage makeup. Has that classic Chanel floral scent. I’m so glad I bought this - I would definitely try it at Chanel because the shade range is limited- but I got lucky and am very happy with it!

on 3/16/2019 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

*Going off a sample.* Meh. It’s decent, don’t think it’s worth the price really. I will add the caveat that I did apply it with a beauty blender over a cheapo sunscreen (after it had absorbed) and no primer which may have affected its performance. I found it to be somewhat dewy, which I didn’t care for and found it to look a bit cakey around my forehead. After a couple of hours it also settled into the base of my nose which looked kind of bad. However, it didn’t oxidize which was really nice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Silly me! I once tried a sample of this and loved the sheer coverage and good color match so I decided to go out and buy the full size. If only I had looked at the ingredients list first! They have changed it to a much more silicone-heavy base (it's now the first 3 ingredients!) so if like me you don't tolerate silicones very well then this is not going to agree with you! Going straight back to the store for a refund unfortunately. Have emailed Chanel CS to find out if any of the old formula available and where I might be able to find it, I'm hoping somewhere still has it.

Really wish I'd grabbed a few tubes of it before they changed the formula...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Disappointing! I'm not sure why CHANEL keeps changing the CC Cream formula, it was perfect the first time around. At least the color range has been expanded and now has a high SPF. It's recommended to be worn under powder foundation, however I wore it under liquid foundation as I have done in the past with this product. I found it looked somewhat drying on the skin (my skin is combination). Sadly I returned it!

While this product has a excellent finish, doesn't transfer, lasts a long time (seven months daily use), and covers redness well, it has removed every trace of moisture from my skin and shows disastrous crepey crinkles and lines not seen prior to use.
This of course could be the aging process, however, after I apply this CC cream, my skin is tight and hurts to move or smile, even when used with Dermalogica Super Rich Repair sealed in with a thin layer of Aquafor.
Astonishing.
It will take at least one year to repair my skin to baseline after discontinuation of use.
I will not repurchase and do not recommend.

on 12/1/2018 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In one word=pasty; two words=thick, overscented; four words: what was I thinking? I am 65(ouch, it really really smarts to write that)I have a beautiful complexion, smooth, soft and even toned(albeit a bit sallow these days)and I thought this would be perfect for me. I have the La Prairie Caviar foundation, which is exquisite, but I'm just not into foundations lately, so I figured CC was the way to go. However, if this is at all indicative of what a CC cream feels like, count me out and gone. This bondo, oops I meant cream, has so little movement to it that I thought I might need a palette knife to spread it on my face, now onto the 'look', this made my pores look so large that I could single-handedly eliminate the housing shortage as a family of six could move into each pore and have room for a carryout dinner. The scent is something else to behold, as in "whoa Nelly and head for the unscented hills". I love the scent of Joues Contraste(if cocaine smelled like JC, I would have moved to Peru by now)unfortunately the scent on this paste, oops I meant cream, has the perfume of a thousand single note chemically altered roses(from Neptune).
Honestly and truly I love Chanel cosmetics and am hooked on the stunning packaging, but boy-oh-boy this is very possibly one of the worst cosmetics I have ever beheld and I am a former professional/commercial makeup artist.

on 11/30/2018 6:50:00 AM

The new formulation is a disaster for me. It used to take about 10 years off the way my skin looked but now it adds about 10 years on! Its coverage is a lot worse and lines are more noticeable. The amazing thing about the old version was that it was so light but had great coverage and minimised lines. They have absolutely destroyed it so I'm now searching for a new foundation.

on 11/13/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years and I was very happy with it. Don't know what they have done to it and won't be buying this product again. The cc cream use to leave my skin with a beautiful glow, now it just looks dry and caked and if I put a small amount of moisturiser below it the cc just peels off. Not a good look !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream having very high expectations after reading all the great reviews it received. Sadly I ended up really disappointed since it made my skin break out in a way I’ve never experienced before! Not just pimples but like small cysts or something. I really wanted to love this cream and and I did when I first applied it, scent, texture and colour, everything was great but then came this little issue with the break out.. Of course there’s always a chance this reaction comes from something else, but I’m really sceptical since the only change in my routine and diet was this cream. The bumps would literally arrive at the end of every day I wore it, get better during the night and all the next day until I applied this thing again and then voila! I used to wear MAC cream which was great but sadly got discontinued. Trying Clinique now so let’s see how that will turn out!

on 9/11/2018 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream recently at the airport although I am into high coverage foundations I decided to give it a try. My skin is very sensitive, dry, easy to break out with some hyperpigmentation. I was very surprised how easy it blended into my skin, gave me some nice healthy glow and lasted very long without any touch up. Picked shade 20 which is lighter than I usually choose but perfect for winter months. Happy so far