CHANEL CC Cream

CHANEL CC Cream

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Disappointing! I'm not sure why CHANEL keeps changing the CC Cream formula, it was perfect the first time around. At least the color range has been expanded and now has a high SPF. It's recommended to be worn under powder foundation, however I wore it under liquid foundation as I have done in the past with this product. I found it looked somewhat drying on the skin (my skin is combination). Sadly I returned it!

While this product has a excellent finish, doesn't transfer, lasts a long time (seven months daily use), and covers redness well, it has removed every trace of moisture from my skin and shows disastrous crepey crinkles and lines not seen prior to use.
This of course could be the aging process, however, after I apply this CC cream, my skin is tight and hurts to move or smile, even when used with Dermalogica Super Rich Repair sealed in with a thin layer of Aquafor.
Astonishing.
It will take at least one year to repair my skin to baseline after discontinuation of use.
I will not repurchase and do not recommend.

on 12/1/2018 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In one word=pasty; two words=thick, overscented; four words: what was I thinking? I am 65(ouch, it really really smarts to write that)I have a beautiful complexion, smooth, soft and even toned(albeit a bit sallow these days)and I thought this would be perfect for me. I have the La Prairie Caviar foundation, which is exquisite, but I'm just not into foundations lately, so I figured CC was the way to go. However, if this is at all indicative of what a CC cream feels like, count me out and gone. This bondo, oops I meant cream, has so little movement to it that I thought I might need a palette knife to spread it on my face, now onto the 'look', this made my pores look so large that I could single-handedly eliminate the housing shortage as a family of six could move into each pore and have room for a carryout dinner. The scent is something else to behold, as in "whoa Nelly and head for the unscented hills". I love the scent of Joues Contraste(if cocaine smelled like JC, I would have moved to Peru by now)unfortunately the scent on this paste, oops I meant cream, has the perfume of a thousand single note chemically altered roses(from Neptune).
Honestly and truly I love Chanel cosmetics and am hooked on the stunning packaging, but boy-oh-boy this is very possibly one of the worst cosmetics I have ever beheld and I am a former professional/commercial makeup artist.

on 11/30/2018 6:50:00 AM

The new formulation is a disaster for me. It used to take about 10 years off the way my skin looked but now it adds about 10 years on! Its coverage is a lot worse and lines are more noticeable. The amazing thing about the old version was that it was so light but had great coverage and minimised lines. They have absolutely destroyed it so I'm now searching for a new foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Silly me! I once tried a sample of this and loved the sheer coverage and color match so I decided to go out and buy the full size. If only I had looked at the ingredients list first! They have changed it to a much more silicone-heavy base (it's now the first 3 ingredients!) so if like me you don't tolerate silicones very well then this is not going to agree with you! Going straight back to the store for a refund unfortunately. Have emailed Chanel CS to find out if any of the old formula available and where I might be able to find it, I'm hoping somewhere still has it.
Really wish I'd grabbed a few tubes of it before they changed the formula...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 11/13/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years and I was very happy with it. Don't know what they have done to it and won't be buying this product again. The cc cream use to leave my skin with a beautiful glow, now it just looks dry and caked and if I put a small amount of moisturiser below it the cc just peels off. Not a good look !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream having very high expectations after reading all the great reviews it received. Sadly I ended up really disappointed since it made my skin break out in a way I’ve never experienced before! Not just pimples but like small cysts or something. I really wanted to love this cream and and I did when I first applied it, scent, texture and colour, everything was great but then came this little issue with the break out.. Of course there’s always a chance this reaction comes from something else, but I’m really sceptical since the only change in my routine and diet was this cream. The bumps would literally arrive at the end of every day I wore it, get better during the night and all the next day until I applied this thing again and then voila! I used to wear MAC cream which was great but sadly got discontinued. Trying Clinique now so let’s see how that will turn out!

on 9/11/2018 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream recently at the airport although I am into high coverage foundations I decided to give it a try. My skin is very sensitive, dry, easy to break out with some hyperpigmentation. I was very surprised how easy it blended into my skin, gave me some nice healthy glow and lasted very long without any touch up. Picked shade 20 which is lighter than I usually choose but perfect for winter months. Happy so far

on 5/10/2018 1:13:00 AM

Lovely cc cream, there is already a new version only sold in Asia with a plum extract that has a record vitamin C content.

on 5/9/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

EDIT after reformulation in mid '18:
I'm sad to take down my rating from a solid 4 to 1 after trying the reformulated version of this CC cream.
The new product is heavy, and sits on my skin looking dry and cakey. Just like some of the other reviewers stated, this adds years and lets my skin look much worse than wearing nothing. I liked this especially for the high sun protection, but this new version is unusable. Why Chanel, why?! Will not repurchase.

My go to CC Cream for years - until it was discontinued in summer of '17 - was Bobbi Brown's CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude, a perfect color match for my neutral/cool leaning N/NW15 normal to dry skin. I tried the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF50 in Fair after reading its many positive reviews but sadly I didn't like its finish or color selection, I reviewed it separately if interested. A week ago I bought shade 20 in this Chanel CC Cream and have used it every day since. It has a soft floral/citrus scent which I can tolerate, although I prefer my skin care to be fragrance free wherever possible. I have sensitive skin which can result in rosacea, but the Chanel CC Cream has not caused any issues so far. The color 20 is fine, it's a neutral light beige and the soft finish is nice too, neither too dewy, nor completely matte. I apply it with my fingers, because of the high price tag of $55 per 1-ounce tube, I didn't want too much product to be soaked up by a brush or sponge. The formulation is elegant, not too runny or thick, easy to apply and blend, without being sticky which is important to me. I also very much appreciate the high SPF50 sun protection. Packaging is decent, a sturdy tube with a securely closing screw top closure, therefore adequate for travel. So far I'm overall pleased with this cream and I indicated that I would buy again, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER)|ZINC OXIDE (NANO)|ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE|CAPRYLYL METHICONE|PEG-10 DIMETHICONE|DIMETHICONE|GLYCERIN|PHENYL TRIMETHICONE|TITANIUM DIOXIDE (NANO)|ALCOHOL|METHYL TRIMETHICONE|BUTYLENE GLYCOL|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) LEAF EXTRACT|PLANKTON EXTRACT|GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) FRUIT EXTRACT|HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE|TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE|PHENOXYETHANOL|DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER|SODIUM CHLORIDE|STEARIC ACID|POTASSIUM SORBATE|ALUMINA|PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)|ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE|DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER|DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE|SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE|SODIUM HYALURONATE|LYSINE|PROPYLENE CARBONATE|SILICA|PROPYLENE GLYCOL|MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE|DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL|BHT|ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN|TOCOPHEROL|CITRIC ACID|SORBIC ACID|[+ / - (MAY CONTAIN)|CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)|CI 77491,|CI 77492,|CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)|CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)|MICA]|IL07A-I