Chanel CC cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Chanel CC cream

3.2

Let me start by saying this product is very expensive (CDN$70). However, a little goes a long way and it goes on beautifully. It feels luxurious, blends well (I just use my fingers), covers my rosacea, and gives a healthy glow to the skin.

It's great that this has SPF. However, as with any foundation with SPF, If I'm going to be out in the sun I always wear a layer of SS underneath, because in order to have adequate UV protection you'd need quite a lot of product on your face for it to be effective.

I have sensitive, combo, dehydrated skin, NC20 and I wear the 2nd lightest shade.

on 11/17/2014 12:49:00 PM

Love love love this product. I dont know why I have been looking for a BB cream since last year. Something I want to use on weekends or just when I'm out and about so it's not so heavy full on make up when I'm just out for a few hours. I've tried Clarin BB cream (good as well but I didnt find a perfect color match), then went on to Guerlain BB cream, I loved Guerlain too but once I tried the Chanel CC cream, I think I found the color and look that I've been looking for. After the sales lady tried it on me, she gave me sample to take home so I can try it with the powder I'm using and I also want to see how it will stay on my face the whole day and it was perfect, even after 8 hrs at work, when I come home, you can still see the coverage. Love this product and will definitely stick to this... Thanks Chanel for a great CC cream. It's a little pricey but all worth it!

About the smell, there is a scent but it smells good... I dont know why some people say it smells horrible. I guess people are different when it comes to scent but for me, it smells great, just like the other chanel products.

on 6/29/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this CC cream. I have beige 20 blend well to my skin tone. Nice scent too.

on 11/23/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I went to buy a CC cream I tried all I could fine and none of them worked as well as the Chanel. It has the perfect amount of pigment and goes on smoothly. It doesn't cover my Rosacea but almost nothing does so I use a green concealer underneath and my skin looks flawless.

The price is worth it for me -- if there is one thing I'm going to splurge on it's this. The only downside is as others have noted it doesn't last that long. I recently ordered the Ben Nye final seal spray to see if it will make a difference, based on someone's suggestion here.

Not sure what is bothering people about the smell. It smells like all Chanel products.

I don't use a lot of a Chanel products but the ones that I do, like their intense ultra lip color and nail polish, nobody does better. I put the CC cream on that list.

on 5/9/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My go to CC Cream for years - until it was discontinued in summer of '17 - was Bobbi Brown's CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude, a perfect color match for my neutral/cool leaning N/NW15 normal to dry skin. I tried the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF50 in Fair after reading its many positive reviews but sadly I didn't like its finish or color selection, I reviewed it separately if interested. A week ago I bought shade 20 in this Chanel CC Cream and have used it every day since. It has a soft floral/citrus scent which I can tolerate, although I prefer my skin care to be fragrance free wherever possible. I have sensitive skin which can result in rosacea, but the Chanel CC Cream has not caused any issues so far. The color 20 is fine, it's a neutral light beige and the soft finish is nice too, neither too dewy, nor completely matte. I apply it with my fingers, because of the high price tag of $55 per 1-ounce tube, I didn't want too much product to be soaked up by a brush or sponge. The formulation is elegant, not too runny or thick, easy to apply and blend, without being sticky which is important to me. I also very much appreciate the high SPF50 sun protection. Packaging is decent, a sturdy tube with a securely closing screw top closure, therefore adequate for travel. So far I'm overall pleased with this cream and I indicated that I would buy again, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER)|ZINC OXIDE (NANO)|ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE|CAPRYLYL METHICONE|PEG-10 DIMETHICONE|DIMETHICONE|GLYCERIN|PHENYL TRIMETHICONE|TITANIUM DIOXIDE (NANO)|ALCOHOL|METHYL TRIMETHICONE|BUTYLENE GLYCOL|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) LEAF EXTRACT|PLANKTON EXTRACT|GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) FRUIT EXTRACT|HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE|TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE|PHENOXYETHANOL|DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER|SODIUM CHLORIDE|STEARIC ACID|POTASSIUM SORBATE|ALUMINA|PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)|ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE|DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER|DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE|SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE|SODIUM HYALURONATE|LYSINE|PROPYLENE CARBONATE|SILICA|PROPYLENE GLYCOL|MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE|DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL|BHT|ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN|TOCOPHEROL|CITRIC ACID|SORBIC ACID|[+ / - (MAY CONTAIN)|CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)|CI 77491,|CI 77492,|CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)|CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)|MICA]|IL07A-I

This doesn't do oily skin any favors. I'm blotting twice a day. But that's normal for me so I'm nonplussed. It's normal. So +/- for me. The scent is pleasant like all chanel products. Chanel has ONE color selection (beige 30) I'm beige 20 NC20 so I was floored when the color "fit." [matched decently]. $$ product (USD$55) but worth it it's like a med coverage fdtn more than a CC. The only other CC I tried was Physicians Formula the rest were actual BB's. #winning

on 6/15/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Best cc cream I have used. You do not need a lot of product to get coverage (so a tube lasts for long). It gives a very natural glow. I have sensitive skin, but this does not cause me any break-outs. And what I really like.. I can also easily apply it underneath the eye area (where I have less pigments, so 'panda eyes' if I do not use any extra color).
I do apply with a brush, to even out, and to ensure I do not apply too much product (which often happens when applying with the bare hand/fingers). And the spf is of course a good bonus on top.
I am a fan!

on 7/6/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Me: adult hormonal acne with melasma, NW/ NC 15-25.

Adorable finish and coverage! Quite neutral in the lightest shade, does not turn orange. You have to be careful when you apply it, cause it almost gives a full coverage, and that can easily look like a "mask" if applied everywhere. I guess it's better to use it on specific areas, and almost as a foundation. Unfortunately it creases under the eyes and leaves strikes during hot summer days.

Still don't know if it would break me out, cause I received a sample. But I don't think it's oil-free...

The price is very, very high for such a small amount and for everyday use. So won't purchase, but liked how it looked.

on 3/4/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It has the strongest scent out of any of the Chanel foundations. And don't let the name CC Cream fool you. This is medium to full coverage foundation. It's very thick going on and the smell is overpowering. It looks nice in natural light, like you have nice makeup, not nice skin. I'd rather my foundation make me look like I have great skin naturally. It's very expensive but it does have a good spf 50. Not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again.

on 6/7/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this cc cream so much -- mostly because it was a splurge buy and I can't return it. According to the Chanel representative, it comes in two undertones, pink and yellow, and it's supposed to adjust to the color of your skin. I have the rose beige, for pink undertones, and it is a good match for my light, pinkish skin, although maybe a little too light. The color is a lot like Dr. Jart Black Label Detox. Not sure it would agree with anyone who has a dark or even medium skintone. The coverage is great, medium-high, and it covers my acne scars well without looking caked on or patchy. My face looked smooth and poreless, really the best it's ever looked. Buildable coverage and blends very well, though too much product comes out at once when you squeeze the tube. The downside: very, very glowy, from the instant you apply it. I guess this would be good for dry skin, although I think the glow/shine factor would be even a little too much for dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I knew it could only get worse, and it did -- very shiny as opposed to glowy in an hour. Since I had to wipe it off after a few hours because it looked like an oil slick, I can't say how it holds up after a full day for normal or dry skin.
It's really a nice product -- it does make your skin look beautiful and it reminds me of Kiehl's but with more coverage -- but I'd suggest that if you have oily skin you might want to pass this one on by given that it's so expensive.

EDIT: Now that the humidity and heat are over come fall, and my skin is much less oily after acne treatment, I've found that this works really well for me. It only gets shiny toward the end of the day, and goes on matte. Lasted a full 8 hours too. Ironically, it's now one of my favorites. The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't make any claims to fade dark spots like a lot of CC creams, which is disappointing, but I could be wrong.