Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.2

on 5/9/2018 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My go to CC Cream for years - until it was discontinued in summer of '17 - was Bobbi Brown's CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude, a perfect color match for my neutral/cool leaning N/NW15 normal to dry skin. I tried the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF50 in Fair after reading its many positive reviews but sadly I didn't like its finish or color selection, I reviewed it separately if interested. A week ago I bought shade 20 in this Chanel CC Cream and have used it every day since. It has a soft floral/citrus scent which I can tolerate, although I prefer my skin care to be fragrance free wherever possible. I have sensitive skin which can result in rosacea, but the Chanel CC Cream has not caused any issues so far. The color 20 is fine, it's a neutral light beige and the soft finish is nice too, neither too dewy, nor completely matte. I apply it with my fingers, because of the high price tag of $55 per 1-ounce tube, I didn't want too much product to be soaked up by a brush or sponge. The formulation is elegant, not too runny or thick, easy to apply and blend, without being sticky which is important to me. I also very much appreciate the high SPF50 sun protection. Packaging is decent, a sturdy tube with a securely closing screw top closure, therefore adequate for travel. So far I'm overall pleased with this cream and I indicated that I would buy again, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER)|ZINC OXIDE (NANO)|ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE|CAPRYLYL METHICONE|PEG-10 DIMETHICONE|DIMETHICONE|GLYCERIN|PHENYL TRIMETHICONE|TITANIUM DIOXIDE (NANO)|ALCOHOL|METHYL TRIMETHICONE|BUTYLENE GLYCOL|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) LEAF EXTRACT|PLANKTON EXTRACT|GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT|PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) FRUIT EXTRACT|HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE|TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE|PHENOXYETHANOL|DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER|SODIUM CHLORIDE|STEARIC ACID|POTASSIUM SORBATE|ALUMINA|PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)|ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE|DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER|DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE|SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE|SODIUM HYALURONATE|LYSINE|PROPYLENE CARBONATE|SILICA|PROPYLENE GLYCOL|MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE|DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL|BHT|ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN|TOCOPHEROL|CITRIC ACID|SORBIC ACID|[+ / - (MAY CONTAIN)|CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)|CI 77491,|CI 77492,|CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)|CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)|MICA]|IL07A-I

Let me start by saying this product is very expensive (CDN$70). However, a little goes a long way and it goes on beautifully. It feels luxurious, blends well (I just use my fingers), covers my rosacea, and gives a healthy glow to the skin.

It's great that this has SPF. However, as with any foundation with SPF, If I'm going to be out in the sun I always wear a layer of SS underneath, because in order to have adequate UV protection you'd need quite a lot of product on your face for it to be effective.

I have sensitive, combo, dehydrated skin, NC20 and I wear the 2nd lightest shade.

I love Chanel makeup (who dosent?) but this was a miss for me. I had it on for a few hours and could feel it breaking out my skin.

This doesn't do oily skin any favors. I'm blotting twice a day. But that's normal for me so I'm nonplussed. It's normal. So +/- for me. The scent is pleasant like all chanel products. Chanel has ONE color selection (beige 30) I'm beige 20 NC20 so I was floored when the color "fit." [matched decently]. $$ product (USD$55) but worth it it's like a med coverage fdtn more than a CC. The only other CC I tried was Physicians Formula the rest were actual BB's. #winning

on 6/15/2016 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Best cc cream I have used. You do not need a lot of product to get coverage (so a tube lasts for long). It gives a very natural glow. I have sensitive skin, but this does not cause me any break-outs. And what I really like.. I can also easily apply it underneath the eye area (where I have less pigments, so 'panda eyes' if I do not use any extra color).
I do apply with a brush, to even out, and to ensure I do not apply too much product (which often happens when applying with the bare hand/fingers). And the spf is of course a good bonus on top.
I am a fan!

on 3/4/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It has the strongest scent out of any of the Chanel foundations. And don't let the name CC Cream fool you. This is medium to full coverage foundation. It's very thick going on and the smell is overpowering. It looks nice in natural light, like you have nice makeup, not nice skin. I'd rather my foundation make me look like I have great skin naturally. It's very expensive but it does have a good spf 50. Not my favorite and I wouldn't buy again.

on 12/25/2015 10:30:00 AM

I like the scent and the simple, light packaging but I thought it was too cakey and heavy on. It didn't give a dewy glow...I felt like it accentuated dryness and it didn't seem like skin.

It's Chanel and I received it as a gift so I'll give it a go to see if I can make it work. Maybe I will thin it out with some shimmer base.

Edit: I think I know what it is. The color. It's very yellow and makes me look like I have on fakeness, or makeup. It is a dull mask-like yellow. I'm yellow olive but this is just too much. And it's very heavy too. I tried sheering it out with my trusty Guerlain Perle UV base but .... no go. I hate it. For the price, I am SO glad I didn't use my own money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This looked nice on but the fragrance was overpowering. Luckily she had made me a sample and I didn't purchase. Here are the correct ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Titanium dioxide 3.2% Zinc oxide 15.2%

Inactive ingredients

water • caprylyl methicone • PEG-10 dimethicone • dimethicone • glycerin • phenyl trimethicone • alcohol • methyl trimethicone • butylene glycol • prunus persica (peach) leaf extract • plankton extract • glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract • prunus persica (peach) fruit extract • hydrogenated polyisobutene • triethoxycaprylylsilane • phenoxyethanol • dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer • sodium chloride • stearic acid • potassium sorbate •alumina • fragrance • aluminum hydroxide • dimethicone crosspolymer • disteardimonium hectorite • sodium lauroyl glutamate • sodium hyaluronate • lysine • propylene carbonate • silica • propylene glycol • magnesium chloride • dipropylene glycol • BHT • ethylhexylglycerin • tocopherol • citric acid • sorbic acid (may contain) ultramarines • iron oxides • titanium dioxide • mica

on 8/10/2015 12:16:00 AM

Somehow this gives an ashy look.

on 7/6/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Me: adult hormonal acne with melasma, NW/ NC 15-25.

Adorable finish and coverage! Quite neutral in the lightest shade, does not turn orange. You have to be careful when you apply it, cause it almost gives a full coverage, and that can easily look like a "mask" if applied everywhere. I guess it's better to use it on specific areas, and almost as a foundation. Unfortunately it creases under the eyes and leaves strikes during hot summer days.

Still don't know if it would break me out, cause I received a sample. But I don't think it's oil-free...

The price is very, very high for such a small amount and for everyday use. So won't purchase, but liked how it looked.