CHANEL CC Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35
CHANEL CC Cream

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Silly me! I once tried a sample of this and loved the sheer coverage and color match so I decided to go out and buy the full size. If only I had looked at the ingredients list first! They have changed it to a much more silicone-heavy base (it's now the first 3 ingredients!) so if like me you don't tolerate silicones very well then this is not going to agree with you! Going straight back to the store for a refund unfortunately. Have emailed Chanel CS to find out if any of the old formula available and where I might be able to find it, I'm hoping somewhere still has it.
Really wish I'd grabbed a few tubes of it before they changed the formula...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/11/2018 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream recently at the airport although I am into high coverage foundations I decided to give it a try. My skin is very sensitive, dry, easy to break out with some hyperpigmentation. I was very surprised how easy it blended into my skin, gave me some nice healthy glow and lasted very long without any touch up. Picked shade 20 which is lighter than I usually choose but perfect for winter months. Happy so far

Luckily i got this as a sample. Stuff was not very interested, i was given 10 Beige. the texture was horrid, it didn't sink in and the colour mismatch was awful

on 1/6/2018 6:29:00 AM

I have a few Chanel make up products that i swear by but this by far was the most overpriced and disappointing.

Unfortunately it doesn't last long on my face (i have dry to normal skin) and throughout the day it started to look a bit patchy on me. There are better CC creams out there that are worth the money. Unfortunately this one just doesn't cut it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this product because it offers phenomenal coverage and has SPF 25. For those of you who are sensitive to scent, you should know that this product is heavily perfumed. That did surprise me because I've used a number of other various Chanel products that have no discernible odor whatsoever. Regardless, I greatly enjoy this product, especially in the summer months when I'm outside and can use the extra sun protection. I would say a little of this goes a long way and a tube lasts quite awhile. There is one fluid ounce of product in this packaging. I wouldn't think this would suit those with especially oily skin because the SPF can add a bit of shine to the finish. I do think all other skin types would enjoy using this product.

on 4/4/2017 8:16:00 AM

Went to Chanel counter looking for a foundation. Got a few samples of heavier foundations, and the girl shoved in the CC cream sample too. Ended up going back and buying it as I just love it!! What a great product. I know everyones skin is different and likes different things. My skin is usually fairly normal, but recently it's been a bit drier. So I went for this as it is very hydrating, and leaves a lovely dewy look. If you don't want to look too dewy you can always use a translucent powder on top, which I do. It's easy to apply, a little goes a long way, and the coverage is good too but doesn't feel like it's too heavy on your face. Lasts well throughout the day too. Thought the price was quite steep compared to Chanel's actual foundations in nice frosty glass bottles, however feel it's well worth it, and will definitely be buying again.

This did not go on well. It was very cakey and drying. It bunched up and flaked off within half an hour. It is one of the few products I have ever thrown out.

on 1/3/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has recently been reformulated with an SPF 50, and the formula is slightly different. It went on my skin nicely, I was a 30 in this. It is definitely more full coverage, and the high SPF is a plus. The price though, $70 CDN, is a bit tough to swallow. I liked the coverage a lot, and the high SPF, but the price is really high. If you want to splurge, go ahead, but try a sample first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a medium skin-toned, Lancome OO3, Mac NC25, Laneige No. 21 Natural Beige. My skin is sensitive, and stays clear on most days, with occasional breakouts of zits on my forehead and one or two large ones on the nose and cheek when I am stressed out. This is a great fit for my skin. I have this in No. 20 Beige. It's creamy and leaves a matte but glowing finish, not oily or overly dewy or white like the Korean BB creams. This cream has a yellow undertone. People complain that it is too thick and looks like a mask, the trick is to apply sheer layers, any foundation when applied with a heavy hand looks like a mask. Just squeeze the tube gently and put a dot of about 3-5 mm diameter on each side of your face and use the same for your forehead, and spread it with fingers. I usually use the Mac 130 brush to stipple this on my face, the finish looks natural, and gives the best finish when set with the Chanel Les Beige pressed powder No. 20 (this is the best combination in my opinion). This is a light to medium coverage cream, it covers light acne scars, and freckles but not red angry acne scars. Don't use too much or it will look unnaturally white. This is the best CC cream I've come across, I'm on my second tube although it costs SGD$72. I prefer this over the Laneige BB cushion which oxidizes on me, and looks darker after about 4 hours. The Laneige BB Cushion cakes when you apply a loose powder on top ( I've also tried putting compact powder from Laneige, Kose Infinity, Shu Uemura, it just cakes and looks terrible). This Chanel CC cream lasts more than 8 hours on me, have good SPF protection, and applies smoothly. When I'm out in the sun and sweating like a pig, this CC cream does not disappear on my skin! I still look glowy. At the end of a 14-hour day, I find traces of it when I clean my face, that's how long it lasts on my skin.

I've only tried the new version with SPF50, so I can't make a comparison to the old formula. Overall, this does quite a nice job in evening out my skin tone, feels comfortable on my face and is not cakey or oily. This takes a while to set on the skin tho, when applied, it initially leaves a white cast on my face. Took like 1 minute or so to be properly absorbed. The coverage isn't great tho, something like that of a tinted moisturizer, so I do apply a thin layer of liquid foundation over this CC cream for a better coverage. Word of caution, this will crease when applied over the eyelids. I'm feeling kinda "meh" about this product, it's ok, but not something that would substitute regular sunblock then foundation routine. I'm not repurchasing.