Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.2

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don’t wear foundation so much anymore, but when I do, it’s always this one. Lift and Luminate is one of the few foundations I’ve tried that is suitable for very dry skin; most foundations seem to cater towards those with oily skin. This foundation blends beautifully on my skin without emphasizing any dry, flaky patches. It leaves a luminous but not greasy finish, and the coverage is light to medium. My acne scars and pimples still peek through, but I like that you can still see my natural skin tone as opposed to covering every imperfection up.

on 6/10/2018 7:19:00 PM

I'm pretty impressed with this foundation! For months I haven't been happy with my various foundations and I've been on a foundation quest (in my 5x mirror my chin would look horrid w/everything). Granted, I know my skin is ageing (54) and I thought possibly this might be my new normal :( I tried this foundation on a whim bec I wanted the loose powder (love it) and Boots was bogo 1/2 off at Walgreens so I grabbed it. I used Benefit Porefessional primer first and this glided right over it (w/a foundation brush), blurring pores and lines. It didn't cover everything, so I had to spot conceal, but overall, I'm very happy with the look. I used UD Deslick setting spray (I'm dry and it was humid out so it worked fine) and withstood 5 hours of a family party w/lots of hugs and kisses lol. Nothing budged! yay!!

on 5/1/2018 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am a bit of a foundation junkie/snob always looking for my HG. I have mature and dry skin with NW20 coloring. When I saw all the great reviews for this foundation, I thought - what do I have to lose? I purchased both the Cool Vanilla and Cool Beige from my local Target. The Cool Vanilla ended up being a great match.

I really, really like this foundation. It’s great for mature skin. It doesn’t emphasis pores, wrinkles or textured skin. It really is the “your skin but better”. I find that it gives me a good medium coverage applying with a brush. I use a highlighting primer underneath except for my nose. This foundation goes on dreamy and looks like just healthy, great skin. I find that it wears very nicely and is one of the few foundations that doesn’t transfer to my glasses. It also keeps the glow and doesn’t look dry on the skin even after hours of wear. It’s so hard for ladies with dry skin to keep a dewy look all day long. I don’t find that it is drying to the skin. This foundation ticks all the boxes for me. So happy with it and thrilled with the reasonable price.

Update: this ranks in my top favorites but not in the top 5.

on 4/15/2018 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

On the hunt for natural look foundation. This is close. I have mostly clear skin a few age spots and lines which I most days don’t try to cover. I mix this with a pump of l’occitanne youth serum apply by finger then blend in with flat powder brush. I find I can easily over do and look like I have on makeup. Color match was good but not great on fair skin I think if I rebuy will try calico. Lasted though a ten hour work day with very light powder and UD Setting spray. Was not a fan of how this looked in sunlight.

on 11/29/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE it…. my fine line eraser foundation! No foundation hides fine lines for me like this one does and it looks so natural. I can’t believe this is a drugstore foundation. I think it’s equivalent if not better to my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It has similar luminous light pigments in it but is much less expensive.

I use the shade warm ivory and it’s a perfect match. I think that it’s the closest to the discontinued shade, Calico. Nice packaging with a pump top with the fairly standard 1 ounce of product in it and costs around $15.99. It has a scent when first applied, but faint, not highly perfumed or offensive and the scent fades within an hour or less. I get lots of compliments when I wear this, but nobody ever says your makeup looks good, they say your skin looks really nice. Even up close in a 5x mirror I don’t see ‘makeup’ because it is a perfect match.

This is a sheer to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. I prefer to dot it on my face and use a beauty blender which gives me a nice semi-sheer coverage. I found with my Sigma stipple brush the coverage was heavier than I wanted but if you have acne scars or things to hide you might like a brush application better or just apply heavier with a sponge and build it up. If you are looking for a super full coverage this may not be a foundation for you but it’s not super sheer either. If you want something that evens out your skin hides and deflects from fine lines like crazy, looks like your skin but better, has a semi dewy, satiny type of finish, you should love this one. There is zero oxidation and it looks great all day long and well into the evening without separating or breaking down. It also seems to control my oily area which is my T zone. I find this is one of the most natural looking and the absolute best at hiding fine lines that I have ever tried.

I really prefer this foundation with no powder but it still looks nice with my Laura Mercier over it. However, almost every time I use powder with it, I say “why did I use powder?” because as soon as I use it, I can see fine lines that were diffused with the foundation alone and it looks too matte for me. However, after 2-3 hours for some reason, the lines go away again as the satiny look reappears. So if you ae oily all over( I am not) and you do want a powder to set it, go ahead but give it a couple hours for the satiny look to re-appear. Weird, I know, but for some reason it works. Try it both ways, see what you think is best for you. I doubt you will ever get a true matte finish from this foundation. That isn’t its intent.

I don’t find it greasy at all. It has SPF of 15 which would be my one complaint about it. I’m in the minority and hate sunscreens in most products. I don’t need all the extra chemicals if I am not going to be in the sun and a lot of products get blamed for being irritating and it’s really the sunscreen in it. Some sunscreens are irritating to a lot of people including me. Usually my skin gets used to it but sometimes that warm, stinging feeling just never goes away until I wash it off.

Now for the one weird thing about it. I don’t know if this is true with other shades, but it is with warm ivory. The first time I got this shade and put it on my face I was shocked and thought to myself, “This is going back, eewww”. It looked so odd, like a grayish beige, ashy. I went ahead and applied it and was shocked! It was an absolute perfect match, the gray tone disappeared. I am guessing the grayish color before applied has something to do with its light and line diffusing, satiny look because there is definitely no gray tone to it once applied and blended.

I love this so much that I worry they will discontinue it and there is really no foundation I have found that I like as much as this, especially at this price. If I’m not wearing this, I usually wear Pixi tinted moisturizer(NO SUNSCREEN-YAY!) which I love or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer if I am going to be in the sun but neither come close to doing what I love so much about this one, and that is hiding fine lines and giving my skin such a flawless appearance. If they ever discontinue this I will go back to my Chanel Vitalumiere (color #30 -cendre) and pay 3 times as much.

Color range is decent...
Warm ivory, cool vanilla, cool ivory, deeply beige, wheat, honey, cool beige, deeply honey and warm beige. I can also wear honey, which I do sometimes in the summer if I have a tan.

Here is the information on it: Made in France
Bright, beautiful and uplifted.
A luminating foundation which has been formulated with a polymer to help appear to visibly lift and give firmer feeling skin. Our Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides boosts and maintains elasticity. It also contains a brightening complex to give skin a long term boost for even skin tone. Powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, and SPF 15 help protect against the ageing affects of free radicals. Minimizes the appearance of age spots, pores and pigmentation.
Hypo-allergenic:
Because all skin can have sensitive moments all our foundation products are hypo-allergenic so they are kind to even the most sensitive skin. Looking for your perfect match? Boots No7 brings you our Foundation Match Made Service, a groundbreaking and free in-store exclusive to help you find the foundation your skin has been waiting for in just minutes.

Ingredients
Single
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Talc, Mica, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyc

on 3/14/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beauty guru on YT is plugging this foundation and after seeing the positive reviews here on MUA, I thought I'd stop by my local Walgreens to swatch this stuff in-store. Glad I did.

The lightest shade (and I consider myself light (not fair) and tan really easily, so I'm not super pale at all) in this line, Warm Ivory, I applied on the back of my hand, and while I looked at some of the other colors - it oxidized to a definite ORANGE. I had nothing else on my hand to make it react this way - so I walked out of Walgreens pretty disappointed. Glad I was able to swatch this before taking the leap and buying - it would have made me look like a pumpkin. The formula, however, was thick and creamy, not drying at all, so that's a plus for other folks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 61 years young and this is the absolute BEST foundation I have used - period. Great product for dry and normal skin (don't know about Oily) and all ages. Here's the problem: I cannot find it in the color CALICO anywhere.
HELP! I've searched online, Target & Walgreens stores, etc. and no luck. So PLEASE...if you have been able to get it elsewhere in January 2017, please post here - MANY THX :-) JAS

on 10/25/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Is this some sort of joke?? I bought this foundation and every time I tried to use it, I found that the cream part of the foundation had separated from the oil part. It was like squirting out liquid-y mustard when you forget to shake it first. I tried shaking the bottle, but it didn't work. I thought I had bought a defective one, so I returned it and got a different one, but the same exact thing happened. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

best foundation i have EVER tried. if you have dry skin and hey even normal skin this is a must have!! stays on amazingly and gives a good light-medium but buildable coverage. holy grail!!

on 7/6/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would give this 4 or 5 stars IF it was labeled as a Tinted Moisturizer. There's like almost no coverage, but it is nice & moisturizing. No illumination, either, that I saw. I returned it.