Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.1

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My Walgreens put up a big display of Boots No 7 makeup and had all of the colors. For months every time I was in Target they would only have 1 or 2 colors. Plus Wags had testers! So of course I had to try this foundation. I decided to go with warm ivory for my NC20 skin tone and it's a good match.

The foundation offers light to medium coverage. I still need concealer. NBD. It's a pretty finish. Natural look. But unfortunately it made my rosacea skin itch. I tried again another day. Same reaction so there's something in the formula that my skin does not like. Not willing to keep pushing it since my skin is clear right now (a miracle). But def worth a try. It rivals high end in look and feel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I just wanted to love this, but it had some major failings.

The good:
Easy to apply, nice pump bottle, and perhaps (on a personal note) the best match I've had with makeup. I have the "Deeply Beige".

I paid $15 through Target, but it is now about $10 through Walgreens.

The bad:
It doesn't cover, it won't build, even with a full application over itself, I couldn't cover the bits of melasma and a scar from a pimple.

I think that the price is OK if you want to use it as a BB Cream or something, but it's just a disappointment.

Right now I mix it with some Revlon and The Ordinary serum foundation to achieve some coverage and it works to take the dryness out of The Ordinary Serum foundation and cools the too yellow Revlon. The search continues.

Would I buy again? Not unless I want to torture myself!

on 4/15/2018 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

On the hunt for natural look foundation. This is close. I have mostly clear skin a few age spots and lines which I most days don’t try to cover. I mix this with a pump of l’occitanne youth serum apply by finger then blend in with flat powder brush. I find I can easily over do and look like I have on makeup. Color match was good but not great on fair skin I think if I rebuy will try calico. Lasted though a ten hour work day with very light powder and UD Setting spray. Was not a fan of how this looked in sunlight.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation! I'm super picky with foundations, and was about ready to throw in the towel to find anything that looked nice before I purchased this. I have very dry, uneven skin with redness. I use a damp sponge to apply my foundation and use a hydrating primer underneath.

Pros:
-Does not cling to dryness
-Covers redness and discoloration well
-Looks like skin
-Dewy, illuminating finish

Cons:
-Not enough shades, the lightest shade is too dark for me. I mix in the NYX white mixer to lighten it.
-Settles into my forehead and smile lines. Doesn't have too many issues with "fine lines" but deeper lines, definitely.
-I wish the bottle was less top heavy. It's really easy to tip it over.

on 3/20/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Outstanding. One of the best foundations I've ever tried.

PROS
Blends smoothly over my dehydrated skin! (Right now, I'm applying with fingers.)
Looks fresh all day, even in my 12x mirror after 10 hours wear!
Good shade match for me ("cool vanilla")
pump dispenser - works exceptionally well at portion control, prevents product from being unnecessarily degraded by exposure to outside elements

CONS
Sheer-to-medium coverage that is not especially buildable (I wear concealer over problem patches)
Clear bottle allows light penetration (so I store it in the box it comes in)
Low spf (15%) - I don't mind, because I never rely on foundation for spf; but if I am spending much time outdoors, I would opt for Almay tinted moisturizer or the Paula's Choice foundation that have more like 25/30, so I can layer spf products.

OTHER NOTES - Great for a daily wear foundation. If I'm going to an evening/fancy event, I wear Nars sheer glow (in Mont Blanc). Other products I wear with the Boots foundation include: zinc oxide sunscreen (CVS spf 50), Physicians Formula InstaReady concealer + Pressed Powder SPF 30, plus a bunch of Paula's Choice skin care products.

on 5/17/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was matched perfectly by the hand held machine a representative used in the store. Best color match Ive ever had.
The price is reasonable $15 (if a foundation is too cheap you will get cheap results).
The look of the bottle is very high end - however my experience with my 1st bottle was that the pump broke immediately. My son had to break the top in order to get to the product. But Target sent me a replacement the next day.
I will agree with several of the other reviews in that you may have to put a little extra on if you want fuller coverage, although the bottle does say "medium coverage" so they are not trying to sugarcoat anything. Medium is what it says and medium is what you get.
All in all, I like the look of it on my face and I will continue to use it and probably re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This foundation was a bit of a game-changer for me! When I first applied it I wasn't too impressed. It felt and looked more like a BB cream, and I expected more coverage. It was later in the day when I was catching myself in the mirror I kept noticing how healthy and radiant my skin looked! I'm so used to seeing foundations covering everything on my skin that I hadn't even stopped to realize how little coverage I actually needed! This foundation gives a gorgeous, soft sheen to the skin whilst evening out your skin tone. It feels incredibly light on the face; I truly don't feel like I'm wearing anything! And it actually feels like natural skin to the touch. (Nor does it transfer! Another huge plus!) It's luminosity is very flattering on my 40-something skin, and I don't need to pile on other products to get that fresh-looking glow. I use a very light dusting of setting powder and a touch of blush and my makeup looks great throughout the day. I find it works best for me when I wear it over my Lorac pore-refining primer and apply it with my fingers. (It just melts into the skin better). The shade Honey is perfect on my medium toned neutral skin. Will definitely buy again!!

I have a makeup box FULL of products that have disappointed me and my complexion. I found this at Target and am so glad I tried it. Coverage is good, but not too heavy. Makeup stays put and doesn't settle into my fine lines and my large pores and acne scars. I have used both a makeup brush and my fingertips to apply and both ways are good. The pump delivers a little bit at a time, but it goes a long way. Color match is very good for my fair, sensitive skin. It seems all of my favorites are being discontinued these days...I may need to go out and get a supply of this in that event!:) It seems natural to me with no strange smell or texture, just smooth loveliness that seems to last all day.

on 2/24/2015 9:23:00 PM

Throughout my teen and adult life I've struggled to find a good foundation that looks good, doesn't feel greasy or heavy, and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. My skin is sensitive, and I tend to have normal skin with dry patches most of the time though I get a smidge oily in humid, hot weather. My biggest issue is that I detest the cakey, smothered feeling that I get when I wear many foundations--I've been known to attack my face with a tissue in the middle of the day to rub off my makeup in such cases!

For a while I was using Almay's Smart Shade makeup in the light shade, mostly due to laziness and thrift. It was okay in that it didn't feel heavy, but it also seemed to wear off very quickly and offered minimal coverage. I have pretty good skin overall, but being in my mid-30s I do have some faint sun-damage "freckles" and some uneven skin tone, and the Almay just wasn't cutting it.

Then one day (a couple of years ago now) I had some time to kill at my local Target and I seem to recall they had some testers of the Boots products, so I swatched it on my hand and was pleasantly surprised at the texture and coverage. Not too heavy, not too light -- just right. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin nor does it break me out. The Cool Ivory was a perfect match for my skin--not too pinky. The scent wasn't strong either which is very important to me. (I don't like to constantly smell makeup on my skin all day long, nor do I want my S.O. to catch a whiff of weird, makeuppy scent when they lean in to kiss me!)

With a light, creamy, mousse-like texture, it's easy to blend and apply too--I use a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (beautyblender dupe) most of the time, which works great, or layer on with a foundation brush if I want heavier coverage. In a pinch I have used my fingers as well and that also works! It doesn't go on watery or separated like the Almay often did, and stays on pretty well too, even in warmer weather, and doesn't leave me feeling sticky or greasy. In humid, hot weather I sometimes prepare my skin with e.l.f. translucent High Definition Powder (underneath the foundation, not over) which seems to absorb any excess oil. In extremely dry weather, I use a facial oil after my moisturizer, right before I apply my makeup--this prevents any dry patches.

Overall, I'm really happy with this product and I'm pretty satisfied with value of the $15 price point. One bottle lasts a good while--the pump has been trouble-free for me, and seems to keep the product fresh.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great choice for a drugstore foundation if you're looking for a medium coverage foundation that still looks like your skin. I am oily/combo and only have to cover a bit of old acne scarring but it gives me just the right amount of glow without making me look overly-shiny or oily. I do set it with loose powder (as I do every foundation) and it lasts a good eight hours. To me, it really does look natural!

The packaging is great; it's very sturdy plastic with a pump. The formula is a bit on the thick side, almost like a mousse (but it's not a heavy consistency and doesn't feel heavy on your skin; it's lighter than say Rimmel Stay Matte) but it blends like a dream (I use my RT EFB). It does feel a bit tacky when you first apply it but once set with powder, the tackiness goes away. The best thing about this is that it doesn't clog my pores, and I am very clog-prone.

I don't know how much "lifting" it does, or if any of its other skincare claims hold up but I do not wear foundation to improve my skincare. That's what skincare is for. It definitely luminates!