Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.1

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

on 5/2/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using mid and high end full coverage foundations for sometime now, but I went on vacation in the Caribbean and picked up some color. Not wanting to break the bank, I found this at Walgreens on clearance for about $12USD. In addition to picking up a bit of color to my complexion, my vacation left my face absolutely parched to the point of being flakey. A few days of some pretty intensive skin care and moisturization my skin is almost back to normal. Warm Ivory is a pretty close match, yep even with a "tan" I'm still and ivory shade.

The finish on this is great and very natural looking, luminous foundations are a must for dry skin. Coverage is light to medium, and the foundation itself has and almost gel like texture, and slightly thicker than other liquids. I would say the coverage and finish is comparable to Benefit Hello Flawless liquid. If you are looking for a lot of coverage, or need to cover discoloration this isn't the best choice. I like that at least some of the shade include warm or cool in the shade name, which takes out the guesswork, seriously more companies need to do this. Being a more luminous foundation i was concerned it would not wear well. After 8-10 this still looked pretty good, and wore better than the pricier Benefit foundation.

on 4/10/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am loving this foundation. My skin is desert dry with fine lines. This is the most lovely foundation I've found to date. I lucked out on the color, it's very hard to pick. I have the warm beige, which in every brand I've ever tried has a horrible peachy tone to it, but not this one. I have light/medium, olive/yellow skin and this blends in perfectly. There is no fragrance, but it has a slight smell that dissipates.

On me the finish is rather natural looking. I would say it is medium coverage but more of a BB cream. I have worn it for a good 10 hours, but it is basically gone. You should get about 6 hours wear without powder. Powder this and who knows how long you can get. It has a pump that is a bit finicky sometimes, and the bottle is too large.

This is also hard to find in stock. My target is not the best, the makeup dept. is horrible, messy and only 2 1/2 isles, it could be 6 months before they restock. Would I buy it again, yes. I'm on my second bottle, it is worth waiting for.

Soooooo.....
PROS:
Pump on bottle
Excellent color match
No perfume added
Beautiful finish on dry skin
Will not emphasize fine lines

CONS: (don't let these stop you from buying!)
Bottle too large, put this stuff in a squeeze tube Boots!
Pump is finicky
Bottom of box not sealed/taped, top is LOL
Need larger color range
Hard to find in stock

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This was an emergency buy and I'm glad I checked reviews on here! It is a very decent medium coverage foundation. I ended up with the Beige shade (thought I think Cool Beige might have been a better match but it wasn't stocked). It wears well over the day. Doesn't transfer, fade or oxidize. I usually mix it with a primer and apply with a brush. Feels light on the face and matches pretty well. If you can find a color match, this is a pretty good foundation!

on 11/29/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE it…. my fine line eraser foundation! No foundation hides fine lines for me like this one does and it looks so natural. I can’t believe this is a drugstore foundation. I think it’s equivalent if not better to my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It has similar luminous light pigments in it but is much less expensive.

I use the shade warm ivory and it’s a perfect match. I think that it’s the closest to the discontinued shade, Calico. Nice packaging with a pump top with the fairly standard 1 ounce of product in it and costs around $15.99. It has a scent when first applied, but faint, not highly perfumed or offensive and the scent fades within an hour or less. I get lots of compliments when I wear this, but nobody ever says your makeup looks good, they say your skin looks really nice. Even up close in a 5x mirror I don’t see ‘makeup’ because it is a perfect match.

This is a sheer to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. I prefer to dot it on my face and use a beauty blender which gives me a nice semi-sheer coverage. I found with my Sigma stipple brush the coverage was heavier than I wanted but if you have acne scars or things to hide you might like a brush application better or just apply heavier with a sponge and build it up. If you are looking for a super full coverage this may not be a foundation for you but it’s not super sheer either. If you want something that evens out your skin hides and deflects from fine lines like crazy, looks like your skin but better, has a semi dewy, satiny type of finish, you should love this one. There is zero oxidation and it looks great all day long and well into the evening without separating or breaking down. It also seems to control my oily area which is my T zone. I find this is one of the most natural looking and the absolute best at hiding fine lines that I have ever tried.

I really prefer this foundation with no powder but it still looks nice with my Laura Mercier over it. However, almost every time I use powder with it, I say “why did I use powder?” because as soon as I use it, I can see fine lines that were diffused with the foundation alone and it looks too matte for me. However, after 2-3 hours for some reason, the lines go away again as the satiny look reappears. So if you ae oily all over( I am not) and you do want a powder to set it, go ahead but give it a couple hours for the satiny look to re-appear. Weird, I know, but for some reason it works. Try it both ways, see what you think is best for you. I doubt you will ever get a true matte finish from this foundation. That isn’t its intent.

I don’t find it greasy at all. It has SPF of 15 which would be my one complaint about it. I’m in the minority and hate sunscreens in most products. I don’t need all the extra chemicals if I am not going to be in the sun and a lot of products get blamed for being irritating and it’s really the sunscreen in it. Some sunscreens are irritating to a lot of people including me. Usually my skin gets used to it but sometimes that warm, stinging feeling just never goes away until I wash it off.

Now for the one weird thing about it. I don’t know if this is true with other shades, but it is with warm ivory. The first time I got this shade and put it on my face I was shocked and thought to myself, “This is going back, eewww”. It looked so odd, like a grayish beige, ashy. I went ahead and applied it and was shocked! It was an absolute perfect match, the gray tone disappeared. I am guessing the grayish color before applied has something to do with its light and line diffusing, satiny look because there is definitely no gray tone to it once applied and blended.

I love this so much that I worry they will discontinue it and there is really no foundation I have found that I like as much as this, especially at this price. If I’m not wearing this, I usually wear Pixi tinted moisturizer(NO SUNSCREEN-YAY!) which I love or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer if I am going to be in the sun but neither come close to doing what I love so much about this one, and that is hiding fine lines and giving my skin such a flawless appearance. If they ever discontinue this I will go back to my Chanel Vitalumiere (color #30 -cendre) and pay 3 times as much.

Color range is decent...
Warm ivory, cool vanilla, cool ivory, deeply beige, wheat, honey, cool beige, deeply honey and warm beige. I can also wear honey, which I do sometimes in the summer if I have a tan.

Here is the information on it: Made in France
Bright, beautiful and uplifted.
A luminating foundation which has been formulated with a polymer to help appear to visibly lift and give firmer feeling skin. Our Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides boosts and maintains elasticity. It also contains a brightening complex to give skin a long term boost for even skin tone. Powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, and SPF 15 help protect against the ageing affects of free radicals. Minimizes the appearance of age spots, pores and pigmentation.
Hypo-allergenic:
Because all skin can have sensitive moments all our foundation products are hypo-allergenic so they are kind to even the most sensitive skin. Looking for your perfect match? Boots No7 brings you our Foundation Match Made Service, a groundbreaking and free in-store exclusive to help you find the foundation your skin has been waiting for in just minutes.

Ingredients
Single
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Talc, Mica, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyc

on 3/14/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beauty guru on YT is plugging this foundation and after seeing the positive reviews here on MUA, I thought I'd stop by my local Walgreens to swatch this stuff in-store. Glad I did.

The lightest shade (and I consider myself light (not fair) and tan really easily, so I'm not super pale at all) in this line, Warm Ivory, I applied on the back of my hand, and while I looked at some of the other colors - it oxidized to a definite ORANGE. I had nothing else on my hand to make it react this way - so I walked out of Walgreens pretty disappointed. Glad I was able to swatch this before taking the leap and buying - it would have made me look like a pumpkin. The formula, however, was thick and creamy, not drying at all, so that's a plus for other folks.

on 7/6/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would give this 4 or 5 stars IF it was labeled as a Tinted Moisturizer. There's like almost no coverage, but it is nice & moisturizing. No illumination, either, that I saw. I returned it.

on 5/30/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I only bought this foundation yesterday and am already convinced that this is the best I have ever worn. I have bought so many of the high priced brands like Urban Decay, Mally, Estee Lauder, iCosmetics, Smashbox - you name it - but the great majority of those turned yellow on my fair, pink undertoned skin. The money I have wasted has been incredible! Then I found this mentioned in a magazine, went to Target and bought the Cool Beige and it's perfection!!

I love everything about it, the ease with which it goes on, the silky feel, the great coverage, how even and "luminated" it makes my skin look! An incredible product at a very affordable price. I may even go back and also buy Cool Ivory.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the only foundations I've ever bought that I would actually buy again. That is saying a lot for me! I bought this in Cool Vanilla and it is an absolutely perfect color match for me. It goes on perfectly with a damp sponge, and I agree with other reviewers that the finish is a bit "sticky". I thought this was common with liquid foundations, though, and once I set this foundation with a powder I don't think it's an issue whatsoever. I find that I do break out sometimes, just a little bit, after wearing this, but lately I have been having terrible breakouts that have nothing to do with this foundation- and this has truly been saving my self esteem in public! I will try the Stay Matte version of this next. However, they seem to be discontinuing this line :( When I went to repurchase, I had to buy a different shade on clearance. Still, this was my favorite foundation yet!

on 4/24/2016 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am really happily surprised with this foundation. I normally purchase Almay Ivory and have been using it for years since it's the only one that didn't break me out(yes, even over high end brands).

As I've gotten older, I've needed something a bit lighter. My clean is clearer and I have more fine lines so I thought I'd try this one. I went with the color "cool vanilla" and it is a perfect fit! I mean perfect - it is seamless.

I'd say the coverage is medium but could be built to a med-full coverage. This probably won't be good if you need serious full coverage. I think the illuminating effect is really nice. It doesn't shimmer, it just adds a healthy, dewy look.

The ooooonly reason I gave it 4/5 lippies, (I'd really say 4.5 if it were an option), is because upon application it feels a bit...sticky? On one hand it is good because there is no chance of it drying out my skin, but it feels just a little weird to the touch. Still, it disappears completely with a light powder dusting.

Great foundation, glad I tried it!

on 1/22/2016 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very sad whenBoots got rid of the Stay Perfect and the mousse in a jar foundations at Targets in the US. I was planning on pouting about it for a few more years when I finally caved and got this one. The Warm Beige is a perfect match to my skin. It's not too orange or peach. It evens out my skin tone (blotchy, melasma and post-acne marks) and gives a healthy glow. It has decent staying power and didn't break me out.