Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.1

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

on 5/25/2017 7:49:00 PM

Cue "At Last...."
Cool Vanilla is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I've never had such a great match in fact.
Does not require nanosecond application. Spreads easily with fingers - you could use a sponge or a brush. I like to work with my fingers and then pat down with a little powder to set.
Stays put all day. Does not set in pores or fine lines. Very hydrating without being greasy.
Just looks creamy and fresh without glitter or light deflecting particles -- thank you!
I have no desire whatsoever to be 20, 30 or 40 again. I love who and what I am and I want to look fabulous - this allows me to do just that.
Can build up if necessary, light, creamy, pliable, doesn't cake, patch or oxydize.
This is my Forever Foundation. Please don't "f" it up.

on 11/29/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE it…. my fine line eraser foundation! No foundation hides fine lines for me like this one does and it looks so natural. I can’t believe this is a drugstore foundation. I think it’s equivalent if not better to my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It has similar luminous light pigments in it but is much less expensive.

I use the shade warm ivory and it’s a perfect match. I think that it’s the closest to the discontinued shade, Calico. Nice packaging with a pump top with the fairly standard 1 ounce of product in it and costs around $15.99. It has a scent when first applied, but faint, not highly perfumed or offensive and the scent fades within an hour or less. I get lots of compliments when I wear this, but nobody ever says your makeup looks good, they say your skin looks really nice. Even up close in a 5x mirror I don’t see ‘makeup’ because it is a perfect match.

This is a sheer to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. I prefer to dot it on my face and use a beauty blender which gives me a nice semi-sheer coverage. I found with my Sigma stipple brush the coverage was heavier than I wanted but if you have acne scars or things to hide you might like a brush application better or just apply heavier with a sponge and build it up. If you are looking for a super full coverage this may not be a foundation for you but it’s not super sheer either. If you want something that evens out your skin hides and deflects from fine lines like crazy, looks like your skin but better, has a semi dewy, satiny type of finish, you should love this one. There is zero oxidation and it looks great all day long and well into the evening without separating or breaking down. It also seems to control my oily area which is my T zone. I find this is one of the most natural looking and the absolute best at hiding fine lines that I have ever tried.

I really prefer this foundation with no powder but it still looks nice with my Laura Mercier over it. However, almost every time I use powder with it, I say “why did I use powder?” because as soon as I use it, I can see fine lines that were diffused with the foundation alone and it looks too matte for me. However, after 2-3 hours for some reason, the lines go away again as the satiny look reappears. So if you ae oily all over( I am not) and you do want a powder to set it, go ahead but give it a couple hours for the satiny look to re-appear. Weird, I know, but for some reason it works. Try it both ways, see what you think is best for you. I doubt you will ever get a true matte finish from this foundation. That isn’t its intent.

I don’t find it greasy at all. It has SPF of 15 which would be my one complaint about it. I’m in the minority and hate sunscreens in most products. I don’t need all the extra chemicals if I am not going to be in the sun and a lot of products get blamed for being irritating and it’s really the sunscreen in it. Some sunscreens are irritating to a lot of people including me. Usually my skin gets used to it but sometimes that warm, stinging feeling just never goes away until I wash it off.

Now for the one weird thing about it. I don’t know if this is true with other shades, but it is with warm ivory. The first time I got this shade and put it on my face I was shocked and thought to myself, “This is going back, eewww”. It looked so odd, like a grayish beige, ashy. I went ahead and applied it and was shocked! It was an absolute perfect match, the gray tone disappeared. I am guessing the grayish color before applied has something to do with its light and line diffusing, satiny look because there is definitely no gray tone to it once applied and blended.

I love this so much that I worry they will discontinue it and there is really no foundation I have found that I like as much as this, especially at this price. If I’m not wearing this, I usually wear Pixi tinted moisturizer(NO SUNSCREEN-YAY!) which I love or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer if I am going to be in the sun but neither come close to doing what I love so much about this one, and that is hiding fine lines and giving my skin such a flawless appearance. If they ever discontinue this I will go back to my Chanel Vitalumiere (color #30 -cendre) and pay 3 times as much.

Color range is decent...
Warm ivory, cool vanilla, cool ivory, deeply beige, wheat, honey, cool beige, deeply honey and warm beige. I can also wear honey, which I do sometimes in the summer if I have a tan.

Here is the information on it: Made in France
Bright, beautiful and uplifted.
A luminating foundation which has been formulated with a polymer to help appear to visibly lift and give firmer feeling skin. Our Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides boosts and maintains elasticity. It also contains a brightening complex to give skin a long term boost for even skin tone. Powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, and SPF 15 help protect against the ageing affects of free radicals. Minimizes the appearance of age spots, pores and pigmentation.
Hypo-allergenic:
Because all skin can have sensitive moments all our foundation products are hypo-allergenic so they are kind to even the most sensitive skin. Looking for your perfect match? Boots No7 brings you our Foundation Match Made Service, a groundbreaking and free in-store exclusive to help you find the foundation your skin has been waiting for in just minutes.

Ingredients
Single
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Talc, Mica, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyc

on 3/20/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Outstanding. One of the best foundations I've ever tried.

PROS
Blends smoothly over my dehydrated skin! (Right now, I'm applying with fingers.)
Looks fresh all day, even in my 12x mirror after 10 hours wear!
Good shade match for me ("cool vanilla")
pump dispenser - works exceptionally well at portion control, prevents product from being unnecessarily degraded by exposure to outside elements

CONS
Sheer-to-medium coverage that is not especially buildable (I wear concealer over problem patches)
Clear bottle allows light penetration (so I store it in the box it comes in)
Low spf (15%) - I don't mind, because I never rely on foundation for spf; but if I am spending much time outdoors, I would opt for Almay tinted moisturizer or the Paula's Choice foundation that have more like 25/30, so I can layer spf products.

OTHER NOTES - Great for a daily wear foundation. If I'm going to an evening/fancy event, I wear Nars sheer glow (in Mont Blanc). Other products I wear with the Boots foundation include: zinc oxide sunscreen (CVS spf 50), Physicians Formula InstaReady concealer + Pressed Powder SPF 30, plus a bunch of Paula's Choice skin care products.

on 12/28/2016 8:30:00 PM

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It has long lasting power and is natural and love it!! IVE HAD COMPLIMENTS...I panicked at Target and bought the Stay Perfect foundation by Boots which I do not love and will be returning. I have oily skin and this makes me feel tight....oxidizes and not as long lasting as the Lift & Luminate, Plus the Lift & Luminate gives so much better coverge!!!! So now Does anyone know what is going to replace this foundation and where to get it? I am returning the Stay Perfect. It's better than most long wearing but like I said, the Lift & Luminate I think lasted longer and didnt make me feel "parched" plus I think the Stay Perfect makes me more oily than the Lift & Luminate. ANy help would be appreciated!!!!!!!. I'm quite impressed with Boots Serum and want to stay with this line if I can.

Update: 1-7-17, So Target stopped carrying my shade or I bought the wrong shade in the first place so I decided to try another one of Boots Foundations......Stay Perfect....it is the best long lasting foundation but i found I felt dry at the end of the day and the coverage on this Lift & LUminate is so much better and honestly, I feel that I had more even coverage left at the end of the day with the Lift & Luminate so I am going back. The Lift & Luminate truely seemed to last longer than this so called Stay Perfect. I also tried the Air Brush Foundation from Boots and it didnt last and also not as comfortable as the Lift & LUminate. I had compliments with the Lift & LUminate on my skin!!! NEVER does that happen. Plus the Lift & Luminate will definitely last longer than the Air Brush foundation by boots. They better not discontinue this....I called them and they say they aren't discontinuing this so I sure hope that's true!
1-13.17 after trying the Air Brush foundation by Boots and the Stay Perfect, and NOW GOING BACK TO THE Lift & LUminate, I realize how much better the Lift & Luminate hides my pores. Way better than the other two foundations! This is my HOLY GRAIL. I got cool vanilla, which is surprisingly a warmer color. Think I have had warm ivory prior and it may be a tad darker. I'm going to get that one too. UPDATE: Warm ivory is a much better color for NC 15 gals with lighter warm undertones.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I began using this just two weeks ago. I can honestly say I will ONLY use this foundation from now on. I have very dry skin. I've been searching for a foundation for my age 50+ skin. I've tried Bare Minerals, Cover Girl, Urban Decay, Loreal, It, and many, many others. They all just seem to accentuate the fine lines and make me look older. This absolutely does not! My skin looks amazingly smooth and the tone much more even; it's definitely moisturizing. I prepare my skin first with Argon oil and the Boots No. 7 Day or Night Cream and then apply the foundation. I would say it is a medium coverage but buildable. I use just one pump (Yes!! It has a pump!!!) and I apply with a makeup brush. I follow up with a dusting of BE Mineral Veil and a fine spray of Urban Decay Chill setting spray and I get easily 16 hours of coverage...

Honestly, I don't usually get as fired up about a makeup product but it's just that I've tried so many different foundations and for so long, and many of them have been at least double the price of this (about $15!!!) and this is "The One." Only complaint! I've been told it "flies off the shelf" at Target and isn't available anywhere else locally so I've ordered it online from Walgreen's. We have an Ulta nearby but they only stock the skin care items, not the foundation. It's worth the hassle though....I'll order online if Target is out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, the cadillac of drugstore makeup. On the high side for drugstore but I was seriously not thinking I would even like this because of all the high end foundations I have..
This foundation color match is perfect. Very wearable for day to day. Consistency goes on kind of like a mousse/gel. I love it. It hasn't oxidized, leaves a beautiful glowy finish.. Just blown away. The package is awesome. Plastic and see through with a push up on the bottom so you can clearly see when you are running out of product. The only place I have had luck finding it is at Target.. And most of the foundations are always sold out. Right now I am a NC 35-40 and the color "WHEAT" is a perfect match... I'm telling you. I am shocked at how great it is... For people that want to get a medium to full coverage with a product that feels light but imparts a very pretty finish you MUST check this out... If you are oily I'm not sure how this would work. I am Normal/Dry. This is awesome and i am lovinggggggggggg it!

This foundation is one of the top two in my rotation. The coverage is light to medium, perfect for a low key makeup look. It blends effortlessly, lasts nicely and doesn't feel heavy on the skin or catch on any dryer patches. Doesn't need a primer, but looks good over a silicone based primer. Didn't notice any lifting or luminating; I didn't hold that against it and I'm just glad there's no glitter in it -- which is usually what "luminate" means when you see it mentioned describing cosmetics. I use Cool Vanilla, which is a perfect match.

on 5/30/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I only bought this foundation yesterday and am already convinced that this is the best I have ever worn. I have bought so many of the high priced brands like Urban Decay, Mally, Estee Lauder, iCosmetics, Smashbox - you name it - but the great majority of those turned yellow on my fair, pink undertoned skin. The money I have wasted has been incredible! Then I found this mentioned in a magazine, went to Target and bought the Cool Beige and it's perfection!!

I love everything about it, the ease with which it goes on, the silky feel, the great coverage, how even and "luminated" it makes my skin look! An incredible product at a very affordable price. I may even go back and also buy Cool Ivory.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 61 years young and this is the absolute BEST foundation I have used - period. Great product for dry and normal skin (don't know about Oily) and all ages. Here's the problem: I cannot find it in the color CALICO anywhere.
HELP! I've searched online, Target & Walgreens stores, etc. and no luck. So PLEASE...if you have been able to get it elsewhere in January 2017, please post here - MANY THX :-) JAS

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This foundation was a bit of a game-changer for me! When I first applied it I wasn't too impressed. It felt and looked more like a BB cream, and I expected more coverage. It was later in the day when I was catching myself in the mirror I kept noticing how healthy and radiant my skin looked! I'm so used to seeing foundations covering everything on my skin that I hadn't even stopped to realize how little coverage I actually needed! This foundation gives a gorgeous, soft sheen to the skin whilst evening out your skin tone. It feels incredibly light on the face; I truly don't feel like I'm wearing anything! And it actually feels like natural skin to the touch. (Nor does it transfer! Another huge plus!) It's luminosity is very flattering on my 40-something skin, and I don't need to pile on other products to get that fresh-looking glow. I use a very light dusting of setting powder and a touch of blush and my makeup looks great throughout the day. I find it works best for me when I wear it over my Lorac pore-refining primer and apply it with my fingers. (It just melts into the skin better). The shade Honey is perfect on my medium toned neutral skin. Will definitely buy again!!