Boots No7 Lift and Luminate Foundation

Boots  No7 Lift and Luminate Foundation

4.2

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This was an emergency buy and I'm glad I checked reviews on here! It is a very decent medium coverage foundation. I ended up with the Beige shade (thought I think Cool Beige might have been a better match but it wasn't stocked). It wears well over the day. Doesn't transfer, fade or oxidize. I usually mix it with a primer and apply with a brush. Feels light on the face and matches pretty well. If you can find a color match, this is a pretty good foundation!

on 11/29/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE it…. my fine line eraser foundation! No foundation hides fine lines for me like this one does and it looks so natural. I can’t believe this is a drugstore foundation. I think it’s equivalent if not better to my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It has similar luminous light pigments in it but is much less expensive.

I use the shade warm beige and it’s a perfect match. I think that it’s the closest to the discontinued shade, Calico. Nice packaging with a pump top with the fairly standard 1 ounce of product in it and costs around $15.99. It has a scent when first applied, but faint, not highly perfumed or offensive and the scent fades within an hour or less. I get lots of compliments when I wear this, but nobody ever says your makeup looks good, they say your skin looks really nice. Even up close in a 5x mirror I don’t see ‘makeup’ because it is a perfect match.

This is a sheer to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. I prefer to dot it on my face and use a beauty blender which gives me a nice semi-sheer coverage. I found with my Sigma stipple brush the coverage was heavier than I wanted but if you have acne scars or things to hide you might like a brush application better or just apply heavier with a sponge and build it up. If you are looking for a super full coverage this may not be a foundation for you but it’s not super sheer either. If you want something that evens out your skin hides and deflects from fine lines like crazy, looks like your skin but better, has a semi dewy, satiny type of finish, you should love this one. There is zero oxidation and it looks great all day long and well into the evening without separating or breaking down. It also seems to control my oily area which is my T zone. I find this is one of the most natural looking and the absolute best at hiding fine lines that I have ever tried.

I really prefer this foundation with no powder but it still looks nice with my Laura Mercier over it. However, almost every time I use powder with it, I say “why did I use powder?” because as soon as I use it, I can see fine lines that were diffused with the foundation alone and it looks too matte for me. However, after 2-3 hours for some reason, the lines go away again as the satiny look reappears. So if you ae oily all over( I am not) and you do want a powder to set it, go ahead but give it a couple hours for the satiny look to re-appear. Weird, I know, but for some reason it works. Try it both ways, see what you think is best for you. I doubt you will ever get a true matte finish from this foundation. That isn’t its intent.

I don’t find it greasy at all. It has SPF of 15 which would be my one complaint about it. I’m in the minority and hate sunscreens in most products. I don’t need all the extra chemicals if I am not going to be in the sun and a lot of products get blamed for being irritating and it’s really the sunscreen in it. Some sunscreens are irritating to a lot of people including me. Usually my skin gets used to it but sometimes that warm, stinging feeling just never goes away until I wash it off.

Now for the one weird thing about it. I don’t know if this is true with other shades, but it is with warm beige. The first time I got this shade and put it on my face I was shocked and thought to myself, “This is going back, eewww”. It looked so odd, like a grayish beige, ashy. I went ahead and applied it and was shocked! It was an absolute perfect match, the gray tone disappeared. I am guessing the grayish color before applied has something to do with its light and line diffusing, satiny look because there is definitely no gray tone to it once applied and blended.

I love this so much that I worry they will discontinue it and there is really no foundation I have found that I like as much as this, especially at this price. If I’m not wearing this, I usually wear Pixi tinted moisturizer(NO SUNSCREEN-YAY!) which I love or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer if I am going to be in the sun but neither come close to doing what I love so much about this one, and that is hiding fine lines and giving my skin such a flawless appearance. If they ever discontinue this I will go back to my Chanel Vitalumiere (color #30 -cendre) and pay 3 times as much.

Color range is decent...
Warm ivory, cool vanilla, cool ivory, deeply beige, wheat, honey, cool beige, deeply honey and warm beige. I can also wear honey, which I do sometimes in the summer if I have a tan.

Here is the information on it: Made in France
Bright, beautiful and uplifted.
A luminating foundation which has been formulated with a polymer to help appear to visibly lift and give firmer feeling skin. Our Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides boosts and maintains elasticity. It also contains a brightening complex to give skin a long term boost for even skin tone. Powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, and SPF 15 help protect against the ageing affects of free radicals. Minimizes the appearance of age spots, pores and pigmentation.
Hypo-allergenic:
Because all skin can have sensitive moments all our foundation products are hypo-allergenic so they are kind to even the most sensitive skin. Looking for your perfect match? Boots No7 brings you our Foundation Match Made Service, a groundbreaking and free in-store exclusive to help you find the foundation your skin has been waiting for in just minutes.

Ingredients
Single
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Talc, Mica, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyc

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation! I'm super picky with foundations, and was about ready to throw in the towel to find anything that looked nice before I purchased this. I have very dry, uneven skin with redness. I use a damp sponge to apply my foundation and use a hydrating primer underneath.

Pros:
-Does not cling to dryness
-Covers redness and discoloration well
-Looks like skin
-Dewy, illuminating finish

Cons:
-Not enough shades, the lightest shade is too dark for me. I mix in the NYX white mixer to lighten it.
-Settles into my forehead and smile lines. Doesn't have too many issues with "fine lines" but deeper lines, definitely.
-I wish the bottle was less top heavy. It's really easy to tip it over.

This foundation is one of the top two in my rotation. The coverage is light to medium, perfect for a low key makeup look. It blends effortlessly, lasts nicely and doesn't feel heavy on the skin or catch on any dryer patches. Doesn't need a primer, but looks good over a silicone based primer. Didn't notice any lifting or luminating; I didn't hold that against it and I'm just glad there's no glitter in it -- which is usually what "luminate" means when you see it mentioned describing cosmetics. I use Cool Vanilla, which is a perfect match.

on 5/25/2017 7:49:00 PM

Cue "At Last...."
Cool Vanilla is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I've never had such a great match in fact.
Does not require nanosecond application. Spreads easily with fingers - you could use a sponge or a brush. I like to work with my fingers and then pat down with a little powder to set.
Stays put all day. Does not set in pores or fine lines. Very hydrating without being greasy.
Just looks creamy and fresh without glitter or light deflecting particles -- thank you!
I have no desire whatsoever to be 20, 30 or 40 again. I love who and what I am and I want to look fabulous - this allows me to do just that.
Can build up if necessary, light, creamy, pliable, doesn't cake, patch or oxydize.
This is my Forever Foundation. Please don't "f" it up.

on 3/20/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Outstanding. One of the best foundations I've ever tried.

PROS
Blends smoothly over my dehydrated skin! (Right now, I'm applying with fingers.)
Looks fresh all day, even in my 12x mirror after 10 hours wear!
Good shade match for me ("cool vanilla")
pump dispenser - works exceptionally well at portion control, prevents product from being unnecessarily degraded by exposure to outside elements

CONS
Sheer-to-medium coverage that is not especially buildable (I wear concealer over problem patches)
Clear bottle allows light penetration (so I store it in the box it comes in)
Low spf (15%) - I don't mind, because I never rely on foundation for spf; but if I am spending much time outdoors, I would opt for Almay tinted moisturizer or the Paula's Choice foundation that have more like 25/30, so I can layer spf products.

OTHER NOTES - Great for a daily wear foundation. If I'm going to an evening/fancy event, I wear Nars sheer glow (in Mont Blanc). Other products I wear with the Boots foundation include: zinc oxide sunscreen (CVS spf 50), Physicians Formula InstaReady concealer + Pressed Powder SPF 30, plus a bunch of Paula's Choice skin care products.

on 3/14/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beauty guru on YT is plugging this foundation and after seeing the positive reviews here on MUA, I thought I'd stop by my local Walgreens to swatch this stuff in-store. Glad I did.

The lightest shade (and I consider myself light (not fair) and tan really easily, so I'm not super pale at all) in this line, Warm Ivory, I applied on the back of my hand, and while I looked at some of the other colors - it oxidized to a definite ORANGE. I had nothing else on my hand to make it react this way - so I walked out of Walgreens pretty disappointed. Glad I was able to swatch this before taking the leap and buying - it would have made me look like a pumpkin. The formula, however, was thick and creamy, not drying at all, so that's a plus for other folks.

I absolutely ADORE this product...Unfortunately, I found out that my color (Calico) has been discontinued in this line. I'm not smitten with the other No. 7 foundation lines, so I guess my search for the perfect foundation begins again...
(On a side note, Boots has not responded to any of my inquiries on their Facebook website regarding the calico color being discontinued...I had to be informed about the discontinuation from a drug store employee!)

on 2/1/2017 1:30:00 PM

Calico was the exact color for me but now I cannot find it anywhere. I don't want to change products because I feel that it was the perfect foundation. If someone from No7 would please let us know if the product has been continued, it would be greatly appreciated.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 61 years young and this is the absolute BEST foundation I have used - period. Great product for dry and normal skin (don't know about Oily) and all ages. Here's the problem: I cannot find it in the color CALICO anywhere.
HELP! I've searched online, Target & Walgreens stores, etc. and no luck. So PLEASE...if you have been able to get it elsewhere in January 2017, please post here - MANY THX :-) JAS