Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.1

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My Walgreens put up a big display of Boots No 7 makeup and had all of the colors. For months every time I was in Target they would only have 1 or 2 colors. Plus Wags had testers! So of course I had to try this foundation. I decided to go with warm ivory for my NC20 skin tone and it's a good match.

The foundation offers light to medium coverage. I still need concealer. NBD. It's a pretty finish. Natural look. But unfortunately it made my rosacea skin itch. I tried again another day. Same reaction so there's something in the formula that my skin does not like. Not willing to keep pushing it since my skin is clear right now (a miracle). But def worth a try. It rivals high end in look and feel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I just wanted to love this, but it had some major failings.

The good:
Easy to apply, nice pump bottle, and perhaps (on a personal note) the best match I've had with makeup. I have the "Deeply Beige".

I paid $15 through Target, but it is now about $10 through Walgreens.

The bad:
It doesn't cover, it won't build, even with a full application over itself, I couldn't cover the bits of melasma and a scar from a pimple.

I think that the price is OK if you want to use it as a BB Cream or something, but it's just a disappointment.

Right now I mix it with some Revlon and The Ordinary serum foundation to achieve some coverage and it works to take the dryness out of The Ordinary Serum foundation and cools the too yellow Revlon. The search continues.

Would I buy again? Not unless I want to torture myself!

on 5/2/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using mid and high end full coverage foundations for sometime now, but I went on vacation in the Caribbean and picked up some color. Not wanting to break the bank, I found this at Walgreens on clearance for about $12USD. In addition to picking up a bit of color to my complexion, my vacation left my face absolutely parched to the point of being flakey. A few days of some pretty intensive skin care and moisturization my skin is almost back to normal. Warm Ivory is a pretty close match, yep even with a "tan" I'm still and ivory shade.

The finish on this is great and very natural looking, luminous foundations are a must for dry skin. Coverage is light to medium, and the foundation itself has and almost gel like texture, and slightly thicker than other liquids. I would say the coverage and finish is comparable to Benefit Hello Flawless liquid. If you are looking for a lot of coverage, or need to cover discoloration this isn't the best choice. I like that at least some of the shade include warm or cool in the shade name, which takes out the guesswork, seriously more companies need to do this. Being a more luminous foundation i was concerned it would not wear well. After 8-10 this still looked pretty good, and wore better than the pricier Benefit foundation.

on 5/1/2018 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am a bit of a foundation junkie/snob always looking for my HG. I have mature and dry skin with NW20 coloring. When I saw all the great reviews for this foundation, I thought - what do I have to lose? I purchased both the Cool Vanilla and Cool Beige from my local Target. The Cool Vanilla ended up being a great match.

I really, really like this foundation. It’s great for mature skin. It doesn’t emphasis pores, wrinkles or textured skin. It really is the “your skin but better”. I find that it gives me a good medium coverage applying with a brush. I use a highlighting primer underneath except for my nose. This foundation goes on dreamy and looks like just healthy, great skin. I find that it wears very nicely and is one of the few foundations that doesn’t transfer to my glasses. It also keeps the glow and doesn’t look dry on the skin even after hours of wear. It’s so hard for ladies with dry skin to keep a dewy look all day long. I don’t find that it is drying to the skin. This foundation ticks all the boxes for me. So happy with it and thrilled with the reasonable price.

Update: this ranks in my top favorites but not in the top 5.

on 4/15/2018 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

On the hunt for natural look foundation. This is close. I have mostly clear skin a few age spots and lines which I most days don’t try to cover. I mix this with a pump of l’occitanne youth serum apply by finger then blend in with flat powder brush. I find I can easily over do and look like I have on makeup. Color match was good but not great on fair skin I think if I rebuy will try calico. Lasted though a ten hour work day with very light powder and UD Setting spray. Was not a fan of how this looked in sunlight.

on 4/15/2018 1:00:00 PM

Beautiful foundation. I have combo, dehydrated skin with dry patches around my mouth and nose. I also have some blemishes (minor acne, scarring) to cover up most of the time. This foundation is the best for my skin type and needs that I’ve ever tried.

Pros:

Natural finish- I never used to understand what people meant when they said a foundation looks beautiful. Now I do.

Doesn’t cling to dry areas. Doesn’t look cakey on my (dry) nose, which is rare for me.

Lasts the whole day without breaking down with oils/sweat.

Light buildable coverage- I was worried at first that it wouldn’t provide enough coverage, but it really does! It does require a concealer if you have blemishes other than minor discoloration to cover up.

Good pricing (look for coupons!)

Cons:

Very dewy- requires a good amount of setting powder. I use RCMA No Color Powder

Does get shiny throughout the day. Definitely not for oily skinned individuals.

Packaging kind of sucks. I’m not a fan of the design aesthetically, and the pump also gets hard to use when there’s not much foundation left. I also hate that you can’t open the bottle. I’m sure there’s still a good amount of foundation left when it looks “empty,” but you can’t open the bottle to scoop it out.

Color! My skin tone is light-medium OLIVE (very olive) with yellow undertones. My closest foundation match is Koh Gen Do Aqua 213. I use warm ivory in Lift and Luminate, but it is way too pink for me. I mean, it’s not so bad, I can still pull it off. But, I would love for more shades to be made. I’m thinking of trying a color mixer to make it less peach toned.

Overall, I really do love this foundation. I’ve used it for about a year and keep coming back to it, because it just works so nicely with my dry skin. Highly recommend!!

on 4/10/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am loving this foundation. My skin is desert dry with fine lines. This is the most lovely foundation I've found to date. I lucked out on the color, it's very hard to pick. I have the warm beige, which in every brand I've ever tried has a horrible peachy tone to it, but not this one. I have light/medium, olive/yellow skin and this blends in perfectly. There is no fragrance, but it has a slight smell that dissipates.

On me the finish is rather natural looking. I would say it is medium coverage but more of a BB cream. I have worn it for a good 10 hours, but it is basically gone. You should get about 6 hours wear without powder. Powder this and who knows how long you can get. It has a pump that is a bit finicky sometimes, and the bottle is too large.

This is also hard to find in stock. My target is not the best, the makeup dept. is horrible, messy and only 2 1/2 isles, it could be 6 months before they restock. Would I buy it again, yes. I'm on my second bottle, it is worth waiting for.

Soooooo.....
PROS:
Pump on bottle
Excellent color match
No perfume added
Beautiful finish on dry skin
Will not emphasize fine lines

CONS: (don't let these stop you from buying!)
Bottle too large, put this stuff in a squeeze tube Boots!
Pump is finicky
Bottom of box not sealed/taped, top is LOL
Need larger color range
Hard to find in stock

on 1/4/2018 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation. I'm finishing up my third bottle. The coverage is medium and matches me perfectly. I wear Cool Vanilla. It is in an airless pump plastic bottle which means no spilling and easy travel. It has a creamy texture and has no scent.
I have had problems with the pump in 2 of the 3 bottles I've used. It seems to stop working. I keep pumping it till it works again. This can take quite awhile but I'm not going to throw out half a bottle of foundation if I can get it to work again.
I will continue to buy this as long as it is made.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This was an emergency buy and I'm glad I checked reviews on here! It is a very decent medium coverage foundation. I ended up with the Beige shade (thought I think Cool Beige might have been a better match but it wasn't stocked). It wears well over the day. Doesn't transfer, fade or oxidize. I usually mix it with a primer and apply with a brush. Feels light on the face and matches pretty well. If you can find a color match, this is a pretty good foundation!

on 11/29/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE it…. my fine line eraser foundation! No foundation hides fine lines for me like this one does and it looks so natural. I can’t believe this is a drugstore foundation. I think it’s equivalent if not better to my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It has similar luminous light pigments in it but is much less expensive.

I use the shade warm ivory and it’s a perfect match. I think that it’s the closest to the discontinued shade, Calico. Nice packaging with a pump top with the fairly standard 1 ounce of product in it and costs around $15.99. It has a scent when first applied, but faint, not highly perfumed or offensive and the scent fades within an hour or less. I get lots of compliments when I wear this, but nobody ever says your makeup looks good, they say your skin looks really nice. Even up close in a 5x mirror I don’t see ‘makeup’ because it is a perfect match.

This is a sheer to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. I prefer to dot it on my face and use a beauty blender which gives me a nice semi-sheer coverage. I found with my Sigma stipple brush the coverage was heavier than I wanted but if you have acne scars or things to hide you might like a brush application better or just apply heavier with a sponge and build it up. If you are looking for a super full coverage this may not be a foundation for you but it’s not super sheer either. If you want something that evens out your skin hides and deflects from fine lines like crazy, looks like your skin but better, has a semi dewy, satiny type of finish, you should love this one. There is zero oxidation and it looks great all day long and well into the evening without separating or breaking down. It also seems to control my oily area which is my T zone. I find this is one of the most natural looking and the absolute best at hiding fine lines that I have ever tried.

I really prefer this foundation with no powder but it still looks nice with my Laura Mercier over it. However, almost every time I use powder with it, I say “why did I use powder?” because as soon as I use it, I can see fine lines that were diffused with the foundation alone and it looks too matte for me. However, after 2-3 hours for some reason, the lines go away again as the satiny look reappears. So if you ae oily all over( I am not) and you do want a powder to set it, go ahead but give it a couple hours for the satiny look to re-appear. Weird, I know, but for some reason it works. Try it both ways, see what you think is best for you. I doubt you will ever get a true matte finish from this foundation. That isn’t its intent.

I don’t find it greasy at all. It has SPF of 15 which would be my one complaint about it. I’m in the minority and hate sunscreens in most products. I don’t need all the extra chemicals if I am not going to be in the sun and a lot of products get blamed for being irritating and it’s really the sunscreen in it. Some sunscreens are irritating to a lot of people including me. Usually my skin gets used to it but sometimes that warm, stinging feeling just never goes away until I wash it off.

Now for the one weird thing about it. I don’t know if this is true with other shades, but it is with warm ivory. The first time I got this shade and put it on my face I was shocked and thought to myself, “This is going back, eewww”. It looked so odd, like a grayish beige, ashy. I went ahead and applied it and was shocked! It was an absolute perfect match, the gray tone disappeared. I am guessing the grayish color before applied has something to do with its light and line diffusing, satiny look because there is definitely no gray tone to it once applied and blended.

I love this so much that I worry they will discontinue it and there is really no foundation I have found that I like as much as this, especially at this price. If I’m not wearing this, I usually wear Pixi tinted moisturizer(NO SUNSCREEN-YAY!) which I love or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer if I am going to be in the sun but neither come close to doing what I love so much about this one, and that is hiding fine lines and giving my skin such a flawless appearance. If they ever discontinue this I will go back to my Chanel Vitalumiere (color #30 -cendre) and pay 3 times as much.

Color range is decent...
Warm ivory, cool vanilla, cool ivory, deeply beige, wheat, honey, cool beige, deeply honey and warm beige. I can also wear honey, which I do sometimes in the summer if I have a tan.

Here is the information on it: Made in France
Bright, beautiful and uplifted.
A luminating foundation which has been formulated with a polymer to help appear to visibly lift and give firmer feeling skin. Our Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides boosts and maintains elasticity. It also contains a brightening complex to give skin a long term boost for even skin tone. Powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, and SPF 15 help protect against the ageing affects of free radicals. Minimizes the appearance of age spots, pores and pigmentation.
Hypo-allergenic:
Because all skin can have sensitive moments all our foundation products are hypo-allergenic so they are kind to even the most sensitive skin. Looking for your perfect match? Boots No7 brings you our Foundation Match Made Service, a groundbreaking and free in-store exclusive to help you find the foundation your skin has been waiting for in just minutes.

Ingredients
Single
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Talc, Mica, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyc