Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.1

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Got this foundation recently as the No7 line is just starting to make its way at Walgreens stores in Puerto Rico. I just have to also add how glad I am the brand has testers you can use before purchasing a product. I swatched it along with the other foundation aimed for oilier skin but that one oxidized a lot.
This foundation in the shade warm beige is perfect for my skin tone, it just looks so beautiful and natural when blended out, it erases my huge pores and doesn't settle into dry patches of skin. I have very oily skin with dry patches of skin and this looks amazingly natural and lasts a fair amount of time on my face. The fact I havent heard any beauty gurus talk about this foundation at all awes me.

I purchased this in what was advertised as a neutral shade which ended up being a bit dark and too cool for my NC20-25 but this was only the secondary problem I had with this foundation that made me pass it off to someone else rather than keep it in my stash as a mediocre product. This sat on top of my skin and I guess what some people would call luminous I'd call "pasty" it made my pores look larger and I think oxidized a bit throughout the day. I get pretty oil with most foundations in my T-zone which is a quick fix with a blotting paper but there was no saving this...
For under $20 Im not complaining too much as I did buy the wrong shade and so many people rave about this but I wont be trying another shade to make this work, hard pass.

I used Lift and Illuminate by side with Armani Crema Nuda (which was $120) in both the Wheat color (when I'm more tan) and the Cool Beige (for the rest of the time. The Crema Nuda was a slightly lighter formula which felt nice however Lift and Illuminate was also nice and light on the skin. It gave just the right amount of coverage, to even out my skin tone in a nice way, but still let my freckles show through to look natural. Even without the price differential, I really preferred the L+I, as the tones matched my skin better than Armani, which was a bit too yellow. Highly recommend.

on 6/10/2018 7:19:00 PM

I'm pretty impressed with this foundation! For months I haven't been happy with my various foundations and I've been on a foundation quest (in my 5x mirror my chin would look horrid w/everything). Granted, I know my skin is ageing (54) and I thought possibly this might be my new normal :( I tried this foundation on a whim bec I wanted the loose powder (love it) and Boots was bogo 1/2 off at Walgreens so I grabbed it. I used Benefit Porefessional primer first and this glided right over it (w/a foundation brush), blurring pores and lines. It didn't cover everything, so I had to spot conceal, but overall, I'm very happy with the look. I used UD Deslick setting spray (I'm dry and it was humid out so it worked fine) and withstood 5 hours of a family party w/lots of hugs and kisses lol. Nothing budged! yay!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My Walgreens put up a big display of Boots No 7 makeup and had all of the colors. For months every time I was in Target they would only have 1 or 2 colors. Plus Wags had testers! So of course I had to try this foundation. I decided to go with warm ivory for my NC20 skin tone and it's a good match.

The foundation offers light to medium coverage. I still need concealer. NBD. It's a pretty finish. Natural look. But unfortunately it made my rosacea skin itch. I tried again another day. Same reaction so there's something in the formula that my skin does not like. Not willing to keep pushing it since my skin is clear right now (a miracle). But def worth a try. It rivals high end in look and feel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I just wanted to love this, but it had some major failings.

The good:
Easy to apply, nice pump bottle, and perhaps (on a personal note) the best match I've had with makeup. I have the "Deeply Beige".

I paid $15 through Target, but it is now about $10 through Walgreens.

The bad:
It doesn't cover, it won't build, even with a full application over itself, I couldn't cover the bits of melasma and a scar from a pimple.

I think that the price is OK if you want to use it as a BB Cream or something, but it's just a disappointment.

Right now I mix it with some Revlon and The Ordinary serum foundation to achieve some coverage and it works to take the dryness out of The Ordinary Serum foundation and cools the too yellow Revlon. The search continues.

Would I buy again? Not unless I want to torture myself!

on 5/2/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using mid and high end full coverage foundations for sometime now, but I went on vacation in the Caribbean and picked up some color. Not wanting to break the bank, I found this at Walgreens on clearance for about $12USD. In addition to picking up a bit of color to my complexion, my vacation left my face absolutely parched to the point of being flakey. A few days of some pretty intensive skin care and moisturization my skin is almost back to normal. Warm Ivory is a pretty close match, yep even with a "tan" I'm still and ivory shade.

The finish on this is great and very natural looking, luminous foundations are a must for dry skin. Coverage is light to medium, and the foundation itself has and almost gel like texture, and slightly thicker than other liquids. I would say the coverage and finish is comparable to Benefit Hello Flawless liquid. If you are looking for a lot of coverage, or need to cover discoloration this isn't the best choice. I like that at least some of the shade include warm or cool in the shade name, which takes out the guesswork, seriously more companies need to do this. Being a more luminous foundation i was concerned it would not wear well. After 8-10 this still looked pretty good, and wore better than the pricier Benefit foundation.

on 5/1/2018 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am a bit of a foundation junkie/snob always looking for my HG. I have mature and dry skin with NW20 coloring. When I saw all the great reviews for this foundation, I thought - what do I have to lose? I purchased both the Cool Vanilla and Cool Beige from my local Target. The Cool Vanilla ended up being a great match.

I really, really like this foundation. It’s great for mature skin. It doesn’t emphasis pores, wrinkles or textured skin. It really is the “your skin but better”. I find that it gives me a good medium coverage applying with a brush. I use a highlighting primer underneath except for my nose. This foundation goes on dreamy and looks like just healthy, great skin. I find that it wears very nicely and is one of the few foundations that doesn’t transfer to my glasses. It also keeps the glow and doesn’t look dry on the skin even after hours of wear. It’s so hard for ladies with dry skin to keep a dewy look all day long. I don’t find that it is drying to the skin. This foundation ticks all the boxes for me. So happy with it and thrilled with the reasonable price.

Update: this ranks in my top favorites but not in the top 5.

on 4/15/2018 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

On the hunt for natural look foundation. This is close. I have mostly clear skin a few age spots and lines which I most days don’t try to cover. I mix this with a pump of l’occitanne youth serum apply by finger then blend in with flat powder brush. I find I can easily over do and look like I have on makeup. Color match was good but not great on fair skin I think if I rebuy will try calico. Lasted though a ten hour work day with very light powder and UD Setting spray. Was not a fan of how this looked in sunlight.

on 4/15/2018 1:00:00 PM

Beautiful foundation. I have combo, dehydrated skin with dry patches around my mouth and nose. I also have some blemishes (minor acne, scarring) to cover up most of the time. This foundation is the best for my skin type and needs that I’ve ever tried.

Pros:

Natural finish- I never used to understand what people meant when they said a foundation looks beautiful. Now I do.

Doesn’t cling to dry areas. Doesn’t look cakey on my (dry) nose, which is rare for me.

Lasts the whole day without breaking down with oils/sweat.

Light buildable coverage- I was worried at first that it wouldn’t provide enough coverage, but it really does! It does require a concealer if you have blemishes other than minor discoloration to cover up.

Good pricing (look for coupons!)

Cons:

Very dewy- requires a good amount of setting powder. I use RCMA No Color Powder

Does get shiny throughout the day. Definitely not for oily skinned individuals.

Packaging kind of sucks. I’m not a fan of the design aesthetically, and the pump also gets hard to use when there’s not much foundation left. I also hate that you can’t open the bottle. I’m sure there’s still a good amount of foundation left when it looks “empty,” but you can’t open the bottle to scoop it out.

Color! My skin tone is light-medium OLIVE (very olive) with yellow undertones. My closest foundation match is Koh Gen Do Aqua 213. I use warm ivory in Lift and Luminate, but it is way too pink for me. I mean, it’s not so bad, I can still pull it off. But, I would love for more shades to be made. I’m thinking of trying a color mixer to make it less peach toned.

Overall, I really do love this foundation. I’ve used it for about a year and keep coming back to it, because it just works so nicely with my dry skin. Highly recommend!!