Boots No7 Lift and Luminate Foundation

Boots  No7 Lift and Luminate Foundation

4.2

This foundation is one of the top two in my rotation. The coverage is light to medium, perfect for a low key makeup look. It blends effortlessly, lasts nicely and doesn't feel heavy on the skin or catch on any dryer patches. Doesn't need a primer, but looks good over a silicone based primer. Didn't notice any lifting or luminating; I didn't hold that against it and I'm just glad there's no glitter in it -- which is usually what "luminate" means when you see it mentioned describing cosmetics. I use Cool Vanilla, which is a perfect match.

on 5/25/2017 7:49:00 PM

Cue "At Last...."
Cool Vanilla is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I've never had such a great match in fact.
Does not require nanosecond application. Spreads easily with fingers - you could use a sponge or a brush. I like to work with my fingers and then pat down with a little powder to set.
Stays put all day. Does not set in pores or fine lines. Very hydrating without being greasy.
Just looks creamy and fresh without glitter or light deflecting particles -- thank you!
I have no desire whatsoever to be 20, 30 or 40 again. I love who and what I am and I want to look fabulous - this allows me to do just that.
Can build up if necessary, light, creamy, pliable, doesn't cake, patch or oxydize.
This is my Forever Foundation. Please don't "f" it up.

on 3/20/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Outstanding. One of the best foundations I've ever tried.

PROS
Blends smoothly over my dehydrated skin! (Right now, I'm applying with fingers.)
Looks fresh all day, even in my 12x mirror after 10 hours wear!
Good shade match for me ("cool vanilla")
pump dispenser - works exceptionally well at portion control, prevents product from being unnecessarily degraded by exposure to outside elements

CONS
Sheer-to-medium coverage that is not especially buildable (I wear concealer over problem patches)
Clear bottle allows light penetration (so I store it in the box it comes in)
Low spf (15%) - I don't mind, because I never rely on foundation for spf; but if I am spending much time outdoors, I would opt for Almay tinted moisturizer or the Paula's Choice foundation that have more like 25/30, so I can layer spf products.

OTHER NOTES - Great for a daily wear foundation. If I'm going to an evening/fancy event, I wear Nars sheer glow (in Mont Blanc). Other products I wear with the Boots foundation include: zinc oxide sunscreen (CVS spf 50), Physicians Formula InstaReady concealer + Pressed Powder SPF 30, plus a bunch of Paula's Choice skin care products.

I absolutely ADORE this product...Unfortunately, I found out that my color (Calico) has been discontinued in this line. I'm not smitten with the other No. 7 foundation lines, so I guess my search for the perfect foundation begins again...
(On a side note, Boots has not responded to any of my inquiries on their Facebook website regarding the calico color being discontinued...I had to be informed about the discontinuation from a drug store employee!)

on 3/14/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A beauty guru on YT is plugging this foundation and after seeing the positive reviews here on MUA, I thought I'd stop by my local Walgreens to swatch this stuff in-store. Glad I did.

The lightest shade (and I consider myself light (not fair) and tan really easily, so I'm not super pale at all) in this line, Warm Ivory, I applied on the back of my hand, and while I looked at some of the other colors - it oxidized to a definite ORANGE. I had nothing else on my hand to make it react this way - so I walked out of Walgreens pretty disappointed. Glad I was able to swatch this before taking the leap and buying - it would have made me look like a pumpkin. The formula, however, was thick and creamy, not drying at all, so that's a plus for other folks.

on 2/1/2017 1:30:00 PM

Calico was the exact color for me but now I cannot find it anywhere. I don't want to change products because I feel that it was the perfect foundation. If someone from No7 would please let us know if the product has been continued, it would be greatly appreciated.

on 12/28/2016 8:30:00 PM

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It has long lasting power and is natural and love it!! IVE HAD COMPLIMENTS...I panicked at Target and bought the Stay Perfect foundation by Boots which I do not love and will be returning. I have oily skin and this makes me feel tight....oxidizes and not as long lasting as the Lift & Luminate, Plus the Lift & Luminate gives so much better coverge!!!! So now Does anyone know what is going to replace this foundation and where to get it? I am returning the Stay Perfect. It's better than most long wearing but like I said, the Lift & Luminate I think lasted longer and didnt make me feel "parched" plus I think the Stay Perfect makes me more oily than the Lift & Luminate. ANy help would be appreciated!!!!!!!. I'm quite impressed with Boots Serum and want to stay with this line if I can.

Update: 1-7-17, So Target stopped carrying my shade or I bought the wrong shade in the first place so I decided to try another one of Boots Foundations......Stay Perfect....it is the best long lasting foundation but i found I felt dry at the end of the day and the coverage on this Lift & LUminate is so much better and honestly, I feel that I had more even coverage left at the end of the day with the Lift & Luminate so I am going back. The Lift & Luminate truely seemed to last longer than this so called Stay Perfect. I also tried the Air Brush Foundation from Boots and it didnt last and also not as comfortable as the Lift & LUminate. I had compliments with the Lift & LUminate on my skin!!! NEVER does that happen. Plus the Lift & Luminate will definitely last longer than the Air Brush foundation by boots. They better not discontinue this....I called them and they say they aren't discontinuing this so I sure hope that's true!
1-13.17 after trying the Air Brush foundation by Boots and the Stay Perfect, and NOW GOING BACK TO THE Lift & LUminate, I realize how much better the Lift & Luminate hides my pores. Way better than the other two foundations! This is my HOLY GRAIL. I got cool vanilla, which is surprisingly a warmer color. Think I have had warm ivory prior and it may be a tad darker. I'm going to get that one too. UPDATE: Warm ivory is a much better color for NC 15 gals with lighter warm undertones.

on 10/25/2016 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Is this some sort of joke?? I bought this foundation and every time I tried to use it, I found that the cream part of the foundation had separated from the oil part. It was like squirting out liquid-y mustard when you forget to shake it first. I tried shaking the bottle, but it didn't work. I thought I had bought a defective one, so I returned it and got a different one, but the same exact thing happened. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 61 years young and this is the absolute BEST foundation I have used - period. Great product for dry and normal skin (don't know about Oily) and all ages. Here's the problem: I cannot find it in the color CALICO anywhere.
HELP! I've searched online, Target & Walgreens stores, etc. and no luck. So PLEASE...if you have been able to get it elsewhere in January 2017, please post here - MANY THX :-) JAS

on 11/14/2016 12:55:00 PM

OOOMMGEEEE..after 47 years on this planet, I have finally found THE one☺...I won't have enough space to write all the amazing things about this foundation, so I will cut it short. Its amazing, its not only for mature skin, don't girls of all ages want to look lifted and luminous?! I'm blessed that at 47 I don't have crows feet or wrinkles, I have a few minor dark spots, and this foundation makes me look flawless, It does what it says and more. I'm 47, was always oily, but as I am aging my skin is becoming combination.I normally wear BB creams by Garnier, or Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer, I have always hated too full of coverage..I cannot express how amazing, luminous and YOUNGER this looks on my 47 year old face. The only negative is it comes in such a big bottle, but its thick plastic, and has a pump... Its about $16 @Target, but well worth it ladies💜