Boots No. 7 Lift and Luminate Foundation

Boots  No. 7 Lift and Luminate Foundation

4.1

on 7/6/2016 12:12:00 AM

I would give this 4 or 5 stars IF it was labeled as a Tinted Moisturizer. There's like almost no coverage, but it is nice & moisturizing. No illumination, either, that I saw. I returned it.

on 7/3/2016 5:10:00 PM

Very flattering foundation to middle aged skin! Fresh dewy finish which never looks cakey or orange. I actually have this in 3 shades and all seem to work! I usually apply with fingers which works well, I normally dust over a tiny bit of powder to set and it looks lovely all day. Coverage medium at best so great unless you have serious cover requirements. Often on offer this is a great foundation at a very reasonable price

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/9/2016 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really really love this foundation. I get so many compliments on my skin when wearing this. It goes on really smooth, after putting a primer on, and last throughout the day. It's light, it's not greasy and really gives my face a nice glow. I apply this product with my fingers and I feel that works best to provide the coverage I like. I highly recommend using this.

on 5/30/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I only bought this foundation yesterday and am already convinced that this is the best I have ever worn. I have bought so many of the high priced brands like Urban Decay, Mally, Estee Lauder, iCosmetics, Smashbox - you name it - but the great majority of those turned yellow on my fair, pink undertoned skin. The money I have wasted has been incredible! Then I found this mentioned in a magazine, went to Target and bought the Cool Beige and it's perfection!!

I love everything about it, the ease with which it goes on, the silky feel, the great coverage, how even and "luminated" it makes my skin look! An incredible product at a very affordable price. I may even go back and also buy Cool Ivory.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the only foundations I've ever bought that I would actually buy again. That is saying a lot for me! I bought this in Cool Vanilla and it is an absolutely perfect color match for me. It goes on perfectly with a damp sponge, and I agree with other reviewers that the finish is a bit "sticky". I thought this was common with liquid foundations, though, and once I set this foundation with a powder I don't think it's an issue whatsoever. I find that I do break out sometimes, just a little bit, after wearing this, but lately I have been having terrible breakouts that have nothing to do with this foundation- and this has truly been saving my self esteem in public! I will try the Stay Matte version of this next.

on 5/17/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was matched perfectly by the hand held machine a representative used in the store. Best color match Ive ever had.
The price is reasonable $15 (if a foundation is too cheap you will get cheap results).
The look of the bottle is very high end - however my experience with my 1st bottle was that the pump broke immediately. My son had to break the top in order to get to the product. But Target sent me a replacement the next day.
I will agree with several of the other reviews in that you may have to put a little extra on if you want fuller coverage, although the bottle does say "medium coverage" so they are not trying to sugarcoat anything. Medium is what it says and medium is what you get.
All in all, I like the look of it on my face and I will continue to use it and probably re-purchase.

on 5/11/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Normally I don't think to get a foundation at the drug store because you can't usually test the color -- but I am so glad I went to an event (at the Duane Reade near Lincoln Center last year, they were trying to join the NYFW events). For the price (in NYC about $15) this is an excellent foundation. It has a little shimmer, it doesn't flake, and it has good SPF. It also has GREAT shades for pale people, also rare in less expensive foundations. The only issue I have is that it can sink into fine lines a bit after you first smooth it on, so after I do my other makeup applications, I spend a moment to smooth it out again (like the forehead creases, etc). Once I do that, it stays where it's supposed to -- probably because I thinned it out. If you have dry skin you don't even need much powder, this has a nice finish.

on 4/24/2016 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am really happily surprised with this foundation. I normally purchase Almay Ivory and have been using it for years since it's the only one that didn't break me out(yes, even over high end brands).

As I've gotten older, I've needed something a bit lighter. My clean is clearer and I have more fine lines so I thought I'd try this one. I went with the color "cool vanilla" and it is a perfect fit! I mean perfect - it is seamless.

I'd say the coverage is medium but could be built to a med-full coverage. This probably won't be good if you need serious full coverage. I think the illuminating effect is really nice. It doesn't shimmer, it just adds a healthy, dewy look.

The ooooonly reason I gave it 4/5 lippies, (I'd really say 4.5 if it were an option), is because upon application it feels a bit...sticky? On one hand it is good because there is no chance of it drying out my skin, but it feels just a little weird to the touch. Still, it disappears completely with a light powder dusting.

Great foundation, glad I tried it!

I rather suspect the name is meant to say to us "hey older ladies, this one is for you" without actually saying "for ageing skin" no it does not lift, however, it is a non-matte foundation which does not settle into fine lines, dry patches and pores which is a rare and wonderful thing.

I've done my usual tests with different methods of application, brushes, blenders and the like. You are fine with all of them, but be warned, you only need the lightest dusting of powder to make this one set, a heavy hand and it's the powder which will make it go funny. It's medium normally but using a wet sponge blender sheers it out lovely - you get a nice even skin tone and the glow with a no-makeup look.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This foundation was a bit of a game-changer for me! When I first applied it I wasn't too impressed. It felt and looked more like a BB cream, and I expected more coverage. It was later in the day when I was catching myself in the mirror I kept noticing how healthy and radiant my skin looked! I'm so used to seeing foundations covering everything on my skin that I hadn't even stopped to realize how little coverage I actually needed! This foundation gives a gorgeous, soft sheen to the skin whilst evening out your skin tone. It feels incredibly light on the face; I truly don't feel like I'm wearing anything! And it actually feels like natural skin to the touch. (Nor does it transfer! Another huge plus!) It's luminosity is very flattering on my 40-something skin, and I don't need to pile on other products to get that fresh-looking glow. I use a very light dusting of setting powder and a touch of blush and my makeup looks great throughout the day. I find it works best for me when I wear it over my Lorac pore-refining primer and apply it with my fingers. (It just melts into the skin better). The shade Honey is perfect on my medium toned neutral skin. Will definitely buy again!!