Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.4

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My Walgreens put up a big display of Boots No 7 makeup and had all of the colors. For months every time I was in Target they would only have 1 or 2 colors. Plus Wags had testers! So of course I had to try this foundation. I decided to go with warm ivory for my NC20 skin tone and it's a good match.

The foundation offers light to medium coverage. I still need concealer. NBD. It's a pretty finish. Natural look. But unfortunately it made my rosacea skin itch. I tried again another day. Same reaction so there's something in the formula that my skin does not like. Not willing to keep pushing it since my skin is clear right now (a miracle). But def worth a try. It rivals high end in look and feel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I just wanted to love this, but it had some major failings.

The good:
Easy to apply, nice pump bottle, and perhaps (on a personal note) the best match I've had with makeup. I have the "Deeply Beige".

I paid $15 through Target, but it is now about $10 through Walgreens.

The bad:
It doesn't cover, it won't build, even with a full application over itself, I couldn't cover the bits of melasma and a scar from a pimple.

I think that the price is OK if you want to use it as a BB Cream or something, but it's just a disappointment.

Right now I mix it with some Revlon and The Ordinary serum foundation to achieve some coverage and it works to take the dryness out of The Ordinary Serum foundation and cools the too yellow Revlon. The search continues.

Would I buy again? Not unless I want to torture myself!

on 5/1/2018 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am a bit of a foundation junkie/snob always looking for my HG. I have mature and dry skin with NW20 coloring. When I saw all the great reviews for this foundation, I thought - what do I have to lose? I purchased both the Cool Vanilla and Cool Beige from my local Target. The Cool Vanilla ended up being a great match.

I really, really like this foundation. It’s great for mature skin. It doesn’t emphasis pores, wrinkles or textured skin. It really is the “your skin but better”. I find that it gives me a good medium coverage applying with a brush. I use a highlighting primer underneath except for my nose. This foundation goes on dreamy and looks like just healthy, great skin. I find that it wears very nicely and is one of the few foundations that doesn’t transfer to my glasses. It also keeps the glow and doesn’t look dry on the skin even after hours of wear. It’s so hard for ladies with dry skin to keep a dewy look all day long. I don’t find that it is drying to the skin. This foundation ticks all the boxes for me. So happy with it and thrilled with the reasonable price.

Update: this ranks in my top favorites but not in the top 5.

on 4/15/2018 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

On the hunt for natural look foundation. This is close. I have mostly clear skin a few age spots and lines which I most days don’t try to cover. I mix this with a pump of l’occitanne youth serum apply by finger then blend in with flat powder brush. I find I can easily over do and look like I have on makeup. Color match was good but not great on fair skin I think if I rebuy will try calico. Lasted though a ten hour work day with very light powder and UD Setting spray. Was not a fan of how this looked in sunlight.

on 4/10/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am loving this foundation. My skin is desert dry with fine lines. This is the most lovely foundation I've found to date. I lucked out on the color, it's very hard to pick. I have the warm beige, which in every brand I've ever tried has a horrible peachy tone to it, but not this one. I have light/medium, olive/yellow skin and this blends in perfectly. There is no fragrance, but it has a slight smell that dissipates.

On me the finish is rather natural looking. I would say it is medium coverage but more of a BB cream. I have worn it for a good 10 hours, but it is basically gone. You should get about 6 hours wear without powder. Powder this and who knows how long you can get. It has a pump that is a bit finicky sometimes, and the bottle is too large.

This is also hard to find in stock. My target is not the best, the makeup dept. is horrible, messy and only 2 1/2 isles, it could be 6 months before they restock. Would I buy it again, yes. I'm on my second bottle, it is worth waiting for.

Soooooo.....
PROS:
Pump on bottle
Excellent color match
No perfume added
Beautiful finish on dry skin
Will not emphasize fine lines

CONS: (don't let these stop you from buying!)
Bottle too large, put this stuff in a squeeze tube Boots!
Pump is finicky
Bottom of box not sealed/taped, top is LOL
Need larger color range
Hard to find in stock

on 1/4/2018 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation. I'm finishing up my third bottle. The coverage is medium and matches me perfectly. I wear Cool Vanilla. It is in an airless pump plastic bottle which means no spilling and easy travel. It has a creamy texture and has no scent.
I have had problems with the pump in 2 of the 3 bottles I've used. It seems to stop working. I keep pumping it till it works again. This can take quite awhile but I'm not going to throw out half a bottle of foundation if I can get it to work again.
I will continue to buy this as long as it is made.

This was discontinued at Walgreens. It is available at Target under a slightly different name.

on 5/25/2017 7:49:00 PM

Cue "At Last...."
Cool Vanilla is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I've never had such a great match in fact.
Does not require nanosecond application. Spreads easily with fingers - you could use a sponge or a brush. I like to work with my fingers and then pat down with a little powder to set.
Stays put all day. Does not set in pores or fine lines. Very hydrating without being greasy.
Just looks creamy and fresh without glitter or light deflecting particles -- thank you!
I have no desire whatsoever to be 20, 30 or 40 again. I love who and what I am and I want to look fabulous - this allows me to do just that.
Can build up if necessary, light, creamy, pliable, doesn't cake, patch or oxydize.
This is my Forever Foundation. Please don't "f" it up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 61 years young and this is the absolute BEST foundation I have used - period. Great product for dry and normal skin (don't know about Oily) and all ages. Here's the problem: I cannot find it in the color CALICO anywhere.
HELP! I've searched online, Target & Walgreens stores, etc. and no luck. So PLEASE...if you have been able to get it elsewhere in January 2017, please post here - MANY THX :-) JAS

on 5/30/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I only bought this foundation yesterday and am already convinced that this is the best I have ever worn. I have bought so many of the high priced brands like Urban Decay, Mally, Estee Lauder, iCosmetics, Smashbox - you name it - but the great majority of those turned yellow on my fair, pink undertoned skin. The money I have wasted has been incredible! Then I found this mentioned in a magazine, went to Target and bought the Cool Beige and it's perfection!!

I love everything about it, the ease with which it goes on, the silky feel, the great coverage, how even and "luminated" it makes my skin look! An incredible product at a very affordable price. I may even go back and also buy Cool Ivory.

I have a makeup box FULL of products that have disappointed me and my complexion. I found this at Target and am so glad I tried it. Coverage is good, but not too heavy. Makeup stays put and doesn't settle into my fine lines and my large pores and acne scars. I have used both a makeup brush and my fingertips to apply and both ways are good. The pump delivers a little bit at a time, but it goes a long way. Color match is very good for my fair, sensitive skin. It seems all of my favorites are being discontinued these days...I may need to go out and get a supply of this in that event!:) It seems natural to me with no strange smell or texture, just smooth loveliness that seems to last all day.