Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

Filtered by age: 44-55
Boots  No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation SPF15

4.1

Active: Octinoxate (5), Titanium Dioxide (1.62).Inactive: Aqua (Water),Cyclopentasiloxane,Glycerin,Talc,Mica,Lecithin,Ethylhexyl Stearate,Trihydroxystearin,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Cyclohexasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Dimethicone,Magnesium Sulfate,Ascorbyl Glucoside,Phenoxyethanol,Butylene Glycol,PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone,Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propylene Carbonate,Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,Methylparaben,Avena Saliva (Oat) Kernel Extract,Ethylparaben,Potassium Hydroxide,Retinyl Palmitate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Sodium Hyaluronate,Alcohol,Lupinus Albus Seed Extract,Carbomer,Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract,Polysorbate 20,BHT,Ethylhexylglycerin,Ascorbic Acid,Tocopherol,Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,[ /- (May Contain) CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide),CI 77492 (Iron Oxides),CI 77491 (Iron Oxides),CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].(Source: Target.com website on 12/26/2017)

I used Lift and Illuminate by side with Armani Crema Nuda (which was $120) in both the Wheat color (when I'm more tan) and the Cool Beige (for the rest of the time. The Crema Nuda was a slightly lighter formula which felt nice however Lift and Illuminate was also nice and light on the skin. It gave just the right amount of coverage, to even out my skin tone in a nice way, but still let my freckles show through to look natural. Even without the price differential, I really preferred the L+I, as the tones matched my skin better than Armani, which was a bit too yellow. Highly recommend.

on 6/10/2018 7:19:00 PM

I'm pretty impressed with this foundation! For months I haven't been happy with my various foundations and I've been on a foundation quest (in my 5x mirror my chin would look horrid w/everything). Granted, I know my skin is ageing (54) and I thought possibly this might be my new normal :( I tried this foundation on a whim bec I wanted the loose powder (love it) and Boots was bogo 1/2 off at Walgreens so I grabbed it. I used Benefit Porefessional primer first and this glided right over it (w/a foundation brush), blurring pores and lines. It didn't cover everything, so I had to spot conceal, but overall, I'm very happy with the look. I used UD Deslick setting spray (I'm dry and it was humid out so it worked fine) and withstood 5 hours of a family party w/lots of hugs and kisses lol. Nothing budged! yay!!

on 11/29/2017 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE it…. my fine line eraser foundation! No foundation hides fine lines for me like this one does and it looks so natural. I can’t believe this is a drugstore foundation. I think it’s equivalent if not better to my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It has similar luminous light pigments in it but is much less expensive.

I use the shade warm ivory and it’s a perfect match. I think that it’s the closest to the discontinued shade, Calico. Nice packaging with a pump top with the fairly standard 1 ounce of product in it and costs around $15.99. It has a scent when first applied, but faint, not highly perfumed or offensive and the scent fades within an hour or less. I get lots of compliments when I wear this, but nobody ever says your makeup looks good, they say your skin looks really nice. Even up close in a 5x mirror I don’t see ‘makeup’ because it is a perfect match.

This is a sheer to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. I prefer to dot it on my face and use a beauty blender which gives me a nice semi-sheer coverage. I found with my Sigma stipple brush the coverage was heavier than I wanted but if you have acne scars or things to hide you might like a brush application better or just apply heavier with a sponge and build it up. If you are looking for a super full coverage this may not be a foundation for you but it’s not super sheer either. If you want something that evens out your skin hides and deflects from fine lines like crazy, looks like your skin but better, has a semi dewy, satiny type of finish, you should love this one. There is zero oxidation and it looks great all day long and well into the evening without separating or breaking down. It also seems to control my oily area which is my T zone. I find this is one of the most natural looking and the absolute best at hiding fine lines that I have ever tried.

I really prefer this foundation with no powder but it still looks nice with my Laura Mercier over it. However, almost every time I use powder with it, I say “why did I use powder?” because as soon as I use it, I can see fine lines that were diffused with the foundation alone and it looks too matte for me. However, after 2-3 hours for some reason, the lines go away again as the satiny look reappears. So if you ae oily all over( I am not) and you do want a powder to set it, go ahead but give it a couple hours for the satiny look to re-appear. Weird, I know, but for some reason it works. Try it both ways, see what you think is best for you. I doubt you will ever get a true matte finish from this foundation. That isn’t its intent.

I don’t find it greasy at all. It has SPF of 15 which would be my one complaint about it. I’m in the minority and hate sunscreens in most products. I don’t need all the extra chemicals if I am not going to be in the sun and a lot of products get blamed for being irritating and it’s really the sunscreen in it. Some sunscreens are irritating to a lot of people including me. Usually my skin gets used to it but sometimes that warm, stinging feeling just never goes away until I wash it off.

Now for the one weird thing about it. I don’t know if this is true with other shades, but it is with warm ivory. The first time I got this shade and put it on my face I was shocked and thought to myself, “This is going back, eewww”. It looked so odd, like a grayish beige, ashy. I went ahead and applied it and was shocked! It was an absolute perfect match, the gray tone disappeared. I am guessing the grayish color before applied has something to do with its light and line diffusing, satiny look because there is definitely no gray tone to it once applied and blended.

I love this so much that I worry they will discontinue it and there is really no foundation I have found that I like as much as this, especially at this price. If I’m not wearing this, I usually wear Pixi tinted moisturizer(NO SUNSCREEN-YAY!) which I love or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer if I am going to be in the sun but neither come close to doing what I love so much about this one, and that is hiding fine lines and giving my skin such a flawless appearance. If they ever discontinue this I will go back to my Chanel Vitalumiere (color #30 -cendre) and pay 3 times as much.

Color range is decent...
Warm ivory, cool vanilla, cool ivory, deeply beige, wheat, honey, cool beige, deeply honey and warm beige. I can also wear honey, which I do sometimes in the summer if I have a tan.

Here is the information on it: Made in France
Bright, beautiful and uplifted.
A luminating foundation which has been formulated with a polymer to help appear to visibly lift and give firmer feeling skin. Our Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides boosts and maintains elasticity. It also contains a brightening complex to give skin a long term boost for even skin tone. Powerful antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, and SPF 15 help protect against the ageing affects of free radicals. Minimizes the appearance of age spots, pores and pigmentation.
Hypo-allergenic:
Because all skin can have sensitive moments all our foundation products are hypo-allergenic so they are kind to even the most sensitive skin. Looking for your perfect match? Boots No7 brings you our Foundation Match Made Service, a groundbreaking and free in-store exclusive to help you find the foundation your skin has been waiting for in just minutes.

Ingredients
Single
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Talc, Mica, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyc

This foundation is one of the top two in my rotation. The coverage is light to medium, perfect for a low key makeup look. It blends effortlessly, lasts nicely and doesn't feel heavy on the skin or catch on any dryer patches. Doesn't need a primer, but looks good over a silicone based primer. Didn't notice any lifting or luminating; I didn't hold that against it and I'm just glad there's no glitter in it -- which is usually what "luminate" means when you see it mentioned describing cosmetics. I use Cool Vanilla, which is a perfect match.

on 3/20/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Outstanding. One of the best foundations I've ever tried.

PROS
Blends smoothly over my dehydrated skin! (Right now, I'm applying with fingers.)
Looks fresh all day, even in my 12x mirror after 10 hours wear!
Good shade match for me ("cool vanilla")
pump dispenser - works exceptionally well at portion control, prevents product from being unnecessarily degraded by exposure to outside elements

CONS
Sheer-to-medium coverage that is not especially buildable (I wear concealer over problem patches)
Clear bottle allows light penetration (so I store it in the box it comes in)
Low spf (15%) - I don't mind, because I never rely on foundation for spf; but if I am spending much time outdoors, I would opt for Almay tinted moisturizer or the Paula's Choice foundation that have more like 25/30, so I can layer spf products.

OTHER NOTES - Great for a daily wear foundation. If I'm going to an evening/fancy event, I wear Nars sheer glow (in Mont Blanc). Other products I wear with the Boots foundation include: zinc oxide sunscreen (CVS spf 50), Physicians Formula InstaReady concealer + Pressed Powder SPF 30, plus a bunch of Paula's Choice skin care products.

on 12/28/2016 8:30:00 PM

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It has long lasting power and is natural and love it!! IVE HAD COMPLIMENTS...I panicked at Target and bought the Stay Perfect foundation by Boots which I do not love and will be returning. I have oily skin and this makes me feel tight....oxidizes and not as long lasting as the Lift & Luminate, Plus the Lift & Luminate gives so much better coverge!!!! So now Does anyone know what is going to replace this foundation and where to get it? I am returning the Stay Perfect. It's better than most long wearing but like I said, the Lift & Luminate I think lasted longer and didnt make me feel "parched" plus I think the Stay Perfect makes me more oily than the Lift & Luminate. ANy help would be appreciated!!!!!!!. I'm quite impressed with Boots Serum and want to stay with this line if I can.

Update: 1-7-17, So Target stopped carrying my shade or I bought the wrong shade in the first place so I decided to try another one of Boots Foundations......Stay Perfect....it is the best long lasting foundation but i found I felt dry at the end of the day and the coverage on this Lift & LUminate is so much better and honestly, I feel that I had more even coverage left at the end of the day with the Lift & Luminate so I am going back. The Lift & Luminate truely seemed to last longer than this so called Stay Perfect. I also tried the Air Brush Foundation from Boots and it didnt last and also not as comfortable as the Lift & LUminate. I had compliments with the Lift & LUminate on my skin!!! NEVER does that happen. Plus the Lift & Luminate will definitely last longer than the Air Brush foundation by boots. They better not discontinue this....I called them and they say they aren't discontinuing this so I sure hope that's true!
1-13.17 after trying the Air Brush foundation by Boots and the Stay Perfect, and NOW GOING BACK TO THE Lift & LUminate, I realize how much better the Lift & Luminate hides my pores. Way better than the other two foundations! This is my HOLY GRAIL. I got cool vanilla, which is surprisingly a warmer color. Think I have had warm ivory prior and it may be a tad darker. I'm going to get that one too. UPDATE: Warm ivory is a much better color for NC 15 gals with lighter warm undertones.

on 7/3/2016 5:10:00 PM

Very flattering foundation to middle aged skin! Fresh dewy finish which never looks cakey or orange. I actually have this in 3 shades and all seem to work! I usually apply with fingers which works well, I normally dust over a tiny bit of powder to set and it looks lovely all day. Coverage medium at best so great unless you have serious cover requirements. Often on offer this is a great foundation at a very reasonable price.

UPDATE
I'm not as impressed as I was earlier. This foundation doesn't cover much, fine if you have pretty good skin but I always need concealer to hide thread veins and red nose. It doesn't build up either so layering isn't possible. Major boo boo though it separates in the bottle and when you pump out you could get a shot of pure oil and no colour! Really messy and its not a 1 off happened to all 3 I own. Had to discard. Won't repurchase.

on 5/17/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was matched perfectly by the hand held machine a representative used in the store. Best color match Ive ever had.
The price is reasonable $15 (if a foundation is too cheap you will get cheap results).
The look of the bottle is very high end - however my experience with my 1st bottle was that the pump broke immediately. My son had to break the top in order to get to the product. But Target sent me a replacement the next day.
I will agree with several of the other reviews in that you may have to put a little extra on if you want fuller coverage, although the bottle does say "medium coverage" so they are not trying to sugarcoat anything. Medium is what it says and medium is what you get.
All in all, I like the look of it on my face and I will continue to use it and probably re-purchase.

on 5/11/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Normally I don't think to get a foundation at the drug store because you can't usually test the color -- but I am so glad I went to an event (at the Duane Reade near Lincoln Center last year, they were trying to join the NYFW events). For the price (in NYC about $15) this is an excellent foundation. It has a little shimmer, it doesn't flake, and it has good SPF. It also has GREAT shades for pale people, also rare in less expensive foundations. The only issue I have is that it can sink into fine lines a bit after you first smooth it on, so after I do my other makeup applications, I spend a moment to smooth it out again (like the forehead creases, etc). Once I do that, it stays where it's supposed to -- probably because I thinned it out. If you have dry skin you don't even need much powder, this has a nice finish.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This foundation was a bit of a game-changer for me! When I first applied it I wasn't too impressed. It felt and looked more like a BB cream, and I expected more coverage. It was later in the day when I was catching myself in the mirror I kept noticing how healthy and radiant my skin looked! I'm so used to seeing foundations covering everything on my skin that I hadn't even stopped to realize how little coverage I actually needed! This foundation gives a gorgeous, soft sheen to the skin whilst evening out your skin tone. It feels incredibly light on the face; I truly don't feel like I'm wearing anything! And it actually feels like natural skin to the touch. (Nor does it transfer! Another huge plus!) It's luminosity is very flattering on my 40-something skin, and I don't need to pile on other products to get that fresh-looking glow. I use a very light dusting of setting powder and a touch of blush and my makeup looks great throughout the day. I find it works best for me when I wear it over my Lorac pore-refining primer and apply it with my fingers. (It just melts into the skin better). The shade Honey is perfect on my medium toned neutral skin. Will definitely buy again!!