Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain
Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm StainTwist & Shine Moisturizing Balm StainTwist & Shine Moisturizing Balm StainTwist & Shine Moisturizing Balm StainTwist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

4.2

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene,Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Bis-Behenyl / Isostearyl / Phytosteryl DimerDilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Squalane, Polyethylene, Caprylic / CapricTriglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina),Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate,Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Flavor (Aroma), Sorbic Acid, PropyleneCarbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol,Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide. +/-May Contain: Mica(CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499),Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6Lake (CI 15985), Blue1 Lake (CI 42090), Orange 5 (CI 45370).

on 10/19/2017 1:39:00 PM

Jordana was on BOGO at Walgreens, so I got 2 colors for only $4.49 (reg. $2.99/each)! Amazing price, especially because of how good the formula is! I was using a $9 Neutrogena gloss balm prior to this (and lost it), and the cheapness in me decided to try these out rather than repurchase the Neutrogena one, and I am so glad I did. The 2 colors I have are "01 Nude Chic" and "05 Honey Love". They are both beautiful, very wearable-with-just-about-everything kind of shades. "Nude Chic" has a muted mauve undertone with soft shimmer, and "Honey Love" is a lovely neutral medium rose with soft shimmer. I have chronically chapped/dry lips, and these are surprisingly hydrating with a soft glossy finish. They smell good too, a subtle/sweet scent. Color lasts well, and the stain part does not turn bright/horrendous like other "stains" have on me. So glad I gave these a shot!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I bought this product at Walgreens after staring at the Jordana display for awhile. I thought it wouldn't be a big money loss if I ended up not liking it (cost less than $5). It turns out I have not left the house without this gem!!!! This is by far the best balm stain I have used in the last 5 years. It is very moisturizing on my lips, and the stain it leaves behind is beautiful, even my partner commented on it. This is a perfect lip product for laid back days at the park, beach, road trip, you name it. I can even apply this stuff without a mirror and I know it will come out alright. I have the shades Honey Love and Fresh Fig. Since I've found this product I have pretty much forgotten all the lip balms I have everywhere in my bags! I have nothing but LOVE for this drugstore gem!

on 8/14/2016 9:44:00 AM

Since discovering these last summer I have tried a few of them. This is my first experience with balm stains and there are pluses and minuses for me.....

I picked up Honey Love and Nude Chic first, then Fresh Fig, Gorgeous Peony and Rock N Rouge later on. I would have to say my favorite is Honey Love. It's is a nice pinky mauve color, kind of MLBB. Gorgeous Peony is nice too but I found it to have not much for color payoff. Fresh Fig wasn't bad either initially but I may have thought it to be too dark after a while.

Nude Chic, I like this shade but it's really sheer, you have to really build up the color. This isn't a bad thing but when the balm stain is full of glitter, it can be if that's not your thing. I think the sparkle is rather pretty actually, but this lip color would have been more suitable for me in my late teens/early 20's, not headed towards my mid 40s. At this age, I really don't need my pout to resemble a disco ball.

Rock N Rouge, this color is just too bold and bright for me. Someday I will learn to stop trying reds as they are just not my color.

These also do leave a stain behind, in my case kind of a bright pink. Not my favorite thing but I can deal with it, it's a nice product otherwise. After using these a while though, I would have to say that I would only repurchase Honey Love. This is a nice simple no fuss product which I tend to migrate towards nowadays.

I give this product 4 stars, if you like a no fuss product that leaves a little color, shine and some stain behind, you might like these. Honey Love is my favorite. I got a few duds, but I passed them onto my nieces who enjoy sampling makeup, they have a hey day playing with them so all is not lost.

ETA - Upon placing my last order with Jordana, I threw a Terra Crave balm stain in my cart. I like this one the best out of all the ones that I have tried. It's a nice russet browny color which I really like. While the purpose of this product is a balm stain, I really wish it was a colored balm without leaving the stain, I personally would just rather apply it again. I like the lightweight feel but the after effects of the stain can be a little alarming.

That said I would still repurchase, Terra Crave for sure and likely Honey Love as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hydrating, feels silky smooth. Soft shine. Gorgeous Peony has buildable color. Apply more layers to get more color. I want to try all the rest. I love the way it feels on my dry lips.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this yesterday after researching lip stains. I've tried a few different brands, and please believe these good reviews! This is very moisturizing and long-lasting! I did use a product on my lips first to prep them and remove the dry skin. This brand actually lasted much longer than a $24 department store brand which was also as moisturizing. I have definitely found a go-to lip product!

I bought this in the shade Honey, which is like a mauvish pink.
It's incredibly moisturizing and isn't on the full pigmentation end of the spectrum but it has enough color to get you through your day.
It's also got a nice,fruity smell.
It's pencil shape is made to go with you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

These are fantastic!! The lowest maintenance lip product I have. Moisturizing with lovely sheen and great color payoff. Have many colors and love them all. Until these I used to wear high maintenance lipsticks just because I like color and sheer isn't really my thing but these are a game changer. Youthful color with lovely sheen. Really muse have. Cannot believe the quality for price. Twist up design packaging with lid. Light weight packaging. The color of the package tells you the exact color you're gonna get. Fantastic product. Way to go Jordana!!

on 2/20/2016 8:58:00 PM

First off, these are quite similar to the original Revlon lip crayon, the balm stain, except I think these overall are a bit better and quite a bit cheaper (like 1/3 the cost). While I love the Revlon formula, I think these are just a tiny bit heavier. They do feel like a balm, albeit a touch stickier, and very comfortable. I notice no real scent or flavor with these, which is good, and the staying power is nice, too. My favorites are the newer shades, Gorgeous Peony, and Fresh Fig. The former is a MLBB shade, which looks really natural and lasts and feels great, and the fig is more a reddish-brown, where one swipe is subtle, but it can be built up. It also feels comfy and wears well. The other shades are great, too, but those are my favorites. They all wear well and last.

on 1/29/2016 3:51:00 PM

I like these better than the similar Revlon "just bitten" lip stain balms. Not only are they less expensive but they don't have the minty taste and feel which can irritate my lips. I have it in Honey Love which is MLBB and in Fresh Fig which is a bit more intense but still not "wow, you're wearing lipstick!"

I don't find that the stain lasts too terribly long which is why I've only given it 4 lippies. A bit longer lasting and it would be a five!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I didn't give much thought to the cheap makeup by the checkout counter at Walgreens, but after seeing this several times, I decided to grab one since it's so cheap.

At first glance, the packaging is very, very similar to the Revlon stains/balms and this product has pretty much the same premise: it's a lip balm crayon with pigment. I purchased the shade Honey Love, which is a mauvey pink shade.

I wish I had bought this sooner! The color is a perfect MLBB; you wouldn't even think I was wearing makeup with this! The pigment payoff is good, plus you can layer it for a more vibrant effect. The balm is silky and moisturizing and it has pretty good staying power. Once the balm comes off, it leaves a beautiful stain behind. The product has a bit of a sugary sweet scent, but I don't mind that.

All in all, this is an amazing product that is way cheaper than the Revlon version. I definitely plan to grab this in more colors, specifically Fresh Fig and Cranberry Crush!

Popular Lips Products