Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain
Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm StainTwist & Shine Moisturizing Balm StainTwist & Shine Moisturizing Balm StainTwist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

4.2

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene,Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Bis-Behenyl / Isostearyl / Phytosteryl DimerDilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Squalane, Polyethylene, Caprylic / CapricTriglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina),Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate,Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Flavor (Aroma), Sorbic Acid, PropyleneCarbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol,Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide. +/-May Contain: Mica(CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499),Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6Lake (CI 15985), Blue1 Lake (CI 42090), Orange 5 (CI 45370).

on 8/14/2016 9:44:00 AM

I just placed my first order with Jordana Cosmetics. I ordered two of the balm stains in Honey Love and Nude Chic. I am impressed with this product! I have always been a gloss person but have toned my look down over the years, these are ideal for me. It adds a swipe of color but is not overdone or too shiny. Just perfect for me. In fact I stopped at my local Walgreens and picked up Gorgeous Peony and Fresh Fig. The only color I will probably not repurchase is Gorgeous Peony, it's a nice shade but there isn't much too it, it's pretty sheer. I will definitely use it up though. The other shades just add a touch more color. I was unsure on Fresh Fig that it would be too much but it's just right. I like this one better than Burt's Bees Fig Lip Shimmer.

Overall, I am liking Jordana Cosmetics quite a bit, these balm stains are a definite repurchase for me, provided I pick the right shades for myself. 5 stars!

ETA - I am adding a little bit to this review. I like this product but have never used a balm stain before, I must say it is a little bright which took me back a little bit, not horrible but I guess that is what a balm stain is. Not used to it, when my gloss wears off I just put more on. Despite that I still like the product and definitely see repurchasing once I test drive my colors and see what ones work best for me.

I bought this in the shade Honey, which is like a mauvish pink.
It's incredibly moisturizing and isn't on the full pigmentation end of the spectrum but it has enough color to get you through your day.
It's also got a nice,fruity smell.
It's pencil shape is made to go with you.

To Read all 123 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hydrating, feels silky smooth. Soft shine. Gorgeous Peony has buildable color. Apply more layers to get more color. I want to try all the rest. I love the way it feels on my dry lips.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this yesterday after researching lip stains. I've tried a few different brands, and please believe these good reviews! This is very moisturizing and long-lasting! I did use a product on my lips first to prep them and remove the dry skin. This brand actually lasted much longer than a $24 department store brand which was also as moisturizing. I have definitely found a go-to lip product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I didn't give much thought to the cheap makeup by the checkout counter at Walgreens, but after seeing this several times, I decided to grab one since it's so cheap.

At first glance, the packaging is very, very similar to the Revlon stains/balms and this product has pretty much the same premise: it's a lip balm crayon with pigment. I purchased the shade Honey Love, which is a mauvey pink shade.

I wish I had bought this sooner! The color is a perfect MLBB; you wouldn't even think I was wearing makeup with this! The pigment payoff is good, plus you can layer it for a more vibrant effect. The balm is silky and moisturizing and it has pretty good staying power. Once the balm comes off, it leaves a beautiful stain behind. The product has a bit of a sugary sweet scent, but I don't mind that.

All in all, this is an amazing product that is way cheaper than the Revlon version. I definitely plan to grab this in more colors, specifically Fresh Fig and Cranberry Crush!

on 2/20/2016 8:58:00 PM

First off, these are quite similar to the original Revlon lip crayon, the balm stain, except I think these overall are a bit better and quite a bit cheaper (like 1/3 the cost). While I love the Revlon formula, I think these are just a tiny bit heavier. They do feel like a balm, albeit a touch stickier, and very comfortable. I notice no real scent or flavor with these, which is good, and the staying power is nice, too. My favorites are the newer shades, Gorgeous Peony, and Fresh Fig. The former is a MLBB shade, which looks really natural and lasts and feels great, and the fig is more a reddish-brown, where one swipe is subtle, but it can be built up. It also feels comfy and wears well. The other shades are great, too, but those are my favorites. They all wear well and last.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

These are fantastic!! The lowest maintenance lip product I have. Moisturizing with lovely sheen and great color payoff. Have many colors and love them all. Until these I used to wear high maintenance lipsticks just because I like color and sheer isn't really my thing but these are a game changer. Youthful color with lovely sheen. Really muse have. Cannot believe the quality for price. Twist up design packaging with lid. Light weight packaging. The color of the package tells you the exact color you're gonna get. Fantastic product. Way to go Jordana!!

on 1/29/2016 3:51:00 PM

I like these better than the similar Revlon "just bitten" lip stain balms. Not only are they less expensive but they don't have the minty taste and feel which can irritate my lips. I have it in Honey Love which is MLBB and in Fresh Fig which is a bit more intense but still not "wow, you're wearing lipstick!"

I don't find that the stain lasts too terribly long which is why I've only given it 4 lippies. A bit longer lasting and it would be a five!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love the AMOUNT of color this provides along with the moisture. It lasts a long time on the lips too. I talk about it on my quick reviews video series if youre interested!

on 10/24/2015 11:00:00 AM

Until now, my favorite lipsticks were typically in the $25-$40 price range. Yet I now find myself reaching for these over Dior, YSL, Guerlain and Shiseido. They feel natural on my lips, and look natural - it doesn't look like I'm wearing lipstick, but that my lips are actually colored that shade.

I have probably five or six different colors, and they are all long wearing and leave behind a beautiful stain. They do transfer a bit, but so do all the other lipsticks I wear, so no big deal for me. I always wear a layer of Blistex lip balm over this product, as my lips tend to dry out without it (regardless of what I am or am not wearing).

This is such an inexpensive product that I think everyone should at least try it out!

Popular Lips Products