Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel - Midnight Tuberose

Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel - Midnight Tuberose

4.5

Not tested on animals

New : Purified water, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl isethionate, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, certified organic rosa canina fruit, elderberry fruit, lavender flower, lemon balm, calendula officinalis flower and chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extracts, citric acid, sodium chloride, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a good thorough body wash. The scent is warm sexy tuberose that envelops you, as opposed to the cleaner whiter day scent found in the tuberose flower. Did I mention SEXY...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't even like rose smell usually but this smells really nice! great suds, very scented in the shower but then doesn't compete with my perfume. I really like smelling it in the morn :)

on 1/25/2007 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product is great! Rinses clean and does not leave my skin feeling tight. Also does not clash with any fragrance I apply after taking a shower. The scent does smell like tuberose but a light floral tuberose and not a bit earthy as I thought it would at the suggestion of the name 'midnight'. Also the price is great at $7-8 dollars for a 12 ounce bottle. Will be trying the other gels in the Alba line.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a 5* plus product. Wonderful tuberose scent and little product needed to produce tons of luxurious suds. No sodium laryl sulfate... no parabens .... nothing but wonderful natural ingredients that effectively cleanse and slightly moisturize your skin. NO itching or irritation and what's more I can shave with this and no shaving bumps or nicks or irritation. Super product............ and in a very economical 32oz pump size it will last and last. (I also shampooed with it too and it's wonderful!) I love the tuberose scent; which is really enjoyable during bathing, but it is just an added plus..... I would use this and buy this again and again even without the scent. But.... it's delightful with the tuberose which is not overbearing or long lasting; it doens't clash with fragrance.

on 3/26/2007 4:42:00 PM

I got this on sale at Whole Foods and I love the scent. The scent reminds me of the Revlon Outrageous line of shampoos and conditioners. You get a lot of bang for your buck - I got a HUGE bottle of it on sale for like $11.99 or something.

This lathers well and leaves a nice, light scent on your skin. The only problem is it contains parabens (I think Alba might be reformulating?), so I gave it away, but if they reformulate without parabens, I will for sure buy it again.

on 4/19/2008 12:46:00 AM

This smells SO good! I often see the large bottle on sale, so it's a great value. It doesn't give me the itchies afterwards like other bubble bath/shower gels do. Except during wintertime, I can usually skip the moisturizer afterwards.

on 11/17/2005 1:05:00 AM

I bought their Pinapple enzyme cleanser & pineapple lip balm & gardenia hydrating conditioner --I've liked them all. I was running out of shower gel so I decided to give this a try. And I was looking for a good product from a company that doesn't test on animals and doesn't use animal products. Plus I loooooooove tuberose -- Fracas is one of my favorite perfumes. Big bottle was $9.99 at Whole Foods.

It lathers nicely and smells absolutely divine! I have normal-oily skin. If I use moisturizer, it's usually on my hands, or legs. -- Hands an everyday occasion lately. I actually tried shampooing my hair w/this last night. Did not dry my hair out -- or my skin, has not made me break out or feel really oily either.

on 9/30/2006 6:47:00 PM

Believe it or not, I have been using this for my hair and its actually wonderful!!! I picked this up on a make up alley whim and loved it as a body wash... lovely smell, moisturizing, great lather. But one day, I just decided to wash my hair with it too, and I was pleasently surprised. The ingredients looked natural and it didn't seem to contain anything too harsh... and I had expected either heavy greasy hair, or stiff staw hair like some "natural" shampoos have left me with. Luckily, neither was the case! My hair was shiny, soft, and bouncy... no conditioner needed! My boyfriend definitely noticed! My hair had been looking like crap for a while... (clorine damage from swimming) but it doesn't anymore! Very pleased. This has definitely cut down my shower products... I just use this on my hair and body and I'm done. INFINITELY better than Philosophy's 3 in 1 gels. Bleh. Anyway, an interesting and unexpected use of a great product from a great line. I wish there was a lotion because the smell is lovely!!

Fans of La Chasse aux Papillons should enjoy Midnight Tuberose. The tuberose is similarly light and likewise, it conjures crisp, freshly cut flowers resting in a clear vase filled with water. Only this time you'll end up joining the flowers in the water-filled vase, so to speak.

It's also a quality shower gel, providing a nice lather and plenty of bubbles. At the same time, it's free of sodium lauryl and laureth sulfate, which should keep sensitive skin unperturbed and not too dry. Moisturizing properties are basic, not bad at all, similar to St. Ives shower gels. Thus, while it's not the most moisturizing shower gel I've ever used, it doesn't leave my skin (very normal-skinned, never need body lotion) dry at all.

To come full circle, it's the scent that I adore. If L'Artisan manufactured a La Chasse shower gel, chances are it would be at least $30 per 8 oz. Since I see absolutely no point in paying a lot for fragranced lather that promptly goes down the drain (rather, I invest in perfume, which has a longer life on skin), Midnight Tuberose's price is just right at about $7 per 12 oz. Keeping in mind that this is a lathering shower gel, which by its nature cannot provide the nuanced olfactory pleasures of perfume, one should be fantastically surprised by the likeness. continued >>

on 5/28/2006 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a truly amazing shower gel. When you consider that it is all natural, lathers well, rinses off nicely and has a TRULY DIVINE smell, what more could you ask for? I will repurchase as long as they make it :)

Popular Body Skincare Products