Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Oryza Sativa (Rice/Riz) Bran Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Aqua (Water/Eau)May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 7/17/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've had this product for over a year now, and it's still creamy and usable. Mine is in a squeeze tube, and I have the old formula. I live in a hot, dry climate.

When I purchased this, was in a rush. I essentially bought this on a whim. But now I love this just as much as the original.

I have combo skin, but oily monolid eyelids. Without this, my UD eyeshadow would disappear within a few hours. I love how even after 12 hours, my eyeshadow looks vivid on my lids. I credit this product to increasing the longevity of my eyeliner also (although UD 24/7 with UD fixing spray - only lasts 4hrs before smudging. Etude House eyeliner w primer/setting spray = 12hrs!).

Overall, good product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this eye shadow primer a lot and it really does help to keep my eye makeup in place longer. The downside is that I find it dries out in the container fairly quickly. Because of this it doesn't last as long as some of the other primers I've tried. Not the best but certainly solid.

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/19/2016 11:29:00 AM

This feels more oily than the original primer.my makeup doesn't seem to sit well after several hours on this in a humid weather like Singapore.
I think this would suit those with dry eyelids.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do not like the anti aging potion. I much prefer the original. This doesn't make my eyeshadow more vibrant. And I notice sometimes it creases. With the original I NEVER had a problem with that. And I hate that they now have a doe foot applicator. It really bothers me. I much prefer the old squeeze tube. I heard they also changed the formulation when they added that.
I know loreal had bought out urban decay and obviously have been making some changes to the brand. Here my cries, stop messing with good things loreal! I am unsure if the original is now as underwhelming as the anti aging potion. But im guessing so because ive heard other complaints from people on this issue. Udpp used to be my favorite but now I'm om the hunt for a new primer.

on 2/1/2016 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree it doesn't make an outstanding difference whether I use it,or not...so I am not using it!! There are better ones on the market, cheaper too...not the best

on 2/1/2016 1:27:00 PM

I got a sample of this with an Urban Decay purchase. I didn't notice much of a difference performance wise compared to the original UD Primer Potion - except that it makes my eyes water, which is a real pain in the neck after all my eye makeup is on. The irritation continues until I remove my makeup. After a few hours, my eyes look like I've been smoking something funny all night ( ...not that I would know anything about THAT.) I doubt this product has any real anti-aging benefits anyway, based on the ingredients.

I stopped using Primer Potion years ago when I found that my Dermablend Cream concealer works just as well, even better. I won't be buying this one.

on 1/31/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good primer but I think the anti aging aspect is a misnomer. I don't think a primer has any real anti aging benefits and it certainly doesn't have the same coverage as the original Primer Potion, which I really like but think is overpriced now that there are other decent dupes on the market. I'm in my 50s and can certainly appreciate anti aging skin care ingredients but I don't think there are really any such beneficial ingredients in this product. I've gone back to the original Primer Potion because I need better coverage of the age related discoloration on my eyelids. It's very smooth and my shadow lasts all day without creasing and the color stays true and that's all that really matters to me. I got a sample of the anti aging version as well as all the other versions of the UD shadow primers and much prefer the original. I use an excellent eye cream and I have extremely sensitive skin and funky ingredients, even natural ones, tend to cause a reaction when used over time. So thanks, but no thanks. Not every makeup product needs to have skin care ingredients. Some of us prefer the old ways and I'm one of them. Leave the skin care to the dermatologists please. Leave the makeup to the makeup artists. I recommend the original Primer Potion. This anti aging version is just a marketing ploy for those of us who are supposedly past our prime (don't believe it for a second, lol!, we definitely know what's going on!).

on 1/30/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've repurchased this product three times. It's wonderfully smoothing for my dry eyelids that are sometimes scaly due to psoriasis. I've tried eye shadow primers by Nars, Lorac, Benefit, and Too Faced and this one is my favorite by far!

on 1/29/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good eye primer that does improve the wear of powder eye shadows. However, I don't think it necessarily deserves to call itself "anti-aging," and I think the Original Primer Potion is ever-so-slightly better than this one.

PROS:

1. This does improve the longevity of powder eye shadows. They are less likely to crease or fade when wearing this primer vs. not wearing any primer at all.
2. This product has no fragrance and does not irritate my eyes or eyelids. It's good for sensitive skin.
3. Sephora offers a convenient mini size.
4. It doesn't alter the color of the powder shadows I put over it.
5. I happen to like the packaging; it's a wand applicator in a squeeze tube.

CONS:

1. From the name, I sort of expected to see Vitamin C or E, or Hyaluronic Acid, or antioxidants, or Retinol...an anti-aging formula should stimulate collagen production in the skin. Except for Ceramide 2 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, and a tiny amount of seaweed in the ingredients, I don't see anything else in the list that looks anti-aging. And when I looked up rapeseed oil, it did not look like something beneficial. There is no sunscreen in it either. The rest of the ingredients are similar to the other potion, so other than marketing, I don't know why they developed this one.

2. The texture is on the runny side; it's not bad but I'm used to NARS Smudge Proof Eye Base which has a thicker consistency.

3. I've had the Original Primer Potion from Urban Decay before and it works similarly if not better than this one as far as wear time, so in the future I will probably buy that one instead. While this works as a primer, and it's certainly better than nothing, it's not my favorite eye primer.

$13 for the 0.16 oz. mini size or $24 for the 0.38 oz. full size. The Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion is $20, which is $4 cheaper than the Anti-Aging one.

Feel free to compare the two recipes. They are similar.

Here are the ingredients in the ANTI-AGING Primer Potion:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Oryza Sativa (Rice/Riz) Bran Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Water, [+/- (May Contain) : Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Here are the ingredients in the ORIGINAL Urban Decay Primer Potion:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Water. [+/- (May Contain): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

on 1/28/2016 9:53:00 AM

This performs well and makes my eyelids look good. I'm starting to have some slight crepiness, and this helps to minimize it. It also evens out any discoloration on the lids.

The primer helps shadows and liners stick well and last through a workday and more. It doesn't enhance the colour of shadows but it does help them stick and avoid creasing, which is why I use a shadow primer. I'm not too worried about making colours seem more vibrant.

The only problem I've had is that if I accidentally get this on my lashes, it makes my mascara very hard to remove. I guess that's testament to its ability to make makeup stick.