Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Oryza Sativa (Rice/Riz) Bran Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Aqua (Water/Eau)May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 1/11/2017 4:15:00 PM

Nothing to compare with the original version. I do not think it has some anti-aging function, but onestly ... which product does? At the end of the day I still have my make up on, but colors are not vivid like they are when using the original primer potion. I will not repurchase this, I will repurchase the original one.

on 12/20/2016 5:30:00 PM

I have normal-dry eyelids, and this worked much better on me than the original primer potion. It did not conceal my darker lids nor did it intensify the eyeshadow colors, but atleast it didn't make my lids look like a creasy mess. It also made my eye make-up last for up to 12 hours, no budging and very little fading, so that's great. If you have normal-dry lids and you want a primer to keep your eye-make up in place and help it last, this gets the job done. But for the price, I was also expecting my darker lids to be brightened or color-corrected so eyeshadow colors will pop more...maybe if the primer shade was lighter like Eden I would have liked it better.

on 9/15/2016 8:03:00 AM

The only eye primer from all range I find suitable for my eyes. Which is a bit strange as I'm only 24.The rest of them dry too quickly and literally peel off my eyes. This primer is easy to apply (creamy texture) only small amount is needed and it doesn't go cakey as some other eye primers do. Use it even when not wearing eye shadow just to brighten my eyes. 5/5

on 7/28/2016 11:20:00 AM

I like this primer a lot as it's very sheer on the lids. I can't stand heavy, thick plaster-like primers - or rather, the skin on my lids can't stand them. The UDPP Anti-aging is, while not perfect, very good. It has next to no scent, it's light and easy to distribute and blend on the lids. No skin irritation whatsoever. It doesn't make light matte shadows look unnaturally chalky or white, but it does give a good base to darker shadows. However, as it's somewhat sheer, there's little bit of distortion to shades, especially if the eye shadow in question isn't very pigmented (I see you, Guerlain...!). The distortion is especially bad with blue shades (at least on me).

My lids are mostly normal, except for the bottom of my crease, which is super oily. This primer keeps my eye makeup pristine for 9 hours in the summer heat and and full 12 hours in the winter when the air is drier. So yes, I do get my money's worth.

My only complains are 1) that the wand tends to gather product to its end, which is quite sharp so wiping it on the lids can be hazardous. I hate wasting good product, so wiping it away with a tissue fills me with guilt. 2) If you overapply this product, it will peel off. Or rather, it won't dry well and then your eye shadow will end up in weird stripes as the thick layer starts to move around as your blink. It takes some practice at first to learn the right amount.

Also, I haven't noticed any significant anti-aging action to my lids, at least nothing I can't credit to my eye cream.

on 7/17/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've had this product for over a year now, and it's still creamy and usable. Mine is in a squeeze tube, and I have the old formula. I live in a hot, dry climate.

When I purchased this, was in a rush. I essentially bought this on a whim. But now I love this just as much as the original.

I have combo skin, but oily monolid eyelids. Without this, my UD eyeshadow would disappear within a few hours. I love how even after 12 hours, my eyeshadow looks vivid on my lids. I credit this product to increasing the longevity of my eyeliner also (although UD 24/7 with UD fixing spray - only lasts 4hrs before smudging. Etude House eyeliner w primer/setting spray = 12hrs!).

Overall, good product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this eye shadow primer a lot and it really does help to keep my eye makeup in place longer. The downside is that I find it dries out in the container fairly quickly. Because of this it doesn't last as long as some of the other primers I've tried. Not the best but certainly solid.

on 4/19/2016 11:29:00 AM

This feels more oily than the original primer.my makeup doesn't seem to sit well after several hours on this in a humid weather like Singapore.
I think this would suit those with dry eyelids.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do not like the anti aging potion. I much prefer the original. This doesn't make my eyeshadow more vibrant. And I notice sometimes it creases. With the original I NEVER had a problem with that. And I hate that they now have a doe foot applicator. It really bothers me. I much prefer the old squeeze tube. I heard they also changed the formulation when they added that.
I know loreal had bought out urban decay and obviously have been making some changes to the brand. Here my cries, stop messing with good things loreal! I am unsure if the original is now as underwhelming as the anti aging potion. But im guessing so because ive heard other complaints from people on this issue. Udpp used to be my favorite but now I'm om the hunt for a new primer.

on 2/1/2016 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree it doesn't make an outstanding difference whether I use it,or not...so I am not using it!! There are better ones on the market, cheaper too...not the best

on 2/1/2016 1:27:00 PM

I got a sample of this with an Urban Decay purchase. I didn't notice much of a difference performance wise compared to the original UD Primer Potion - except that it makes my eyes water, which is a real pain in the neck after all my eye makeup is on. The irritation continues until I remove my makeup. After a few hours, my eyes look like I've been smoking something funny all night ( ...not that I would know anything about THAT.) I doubt this product has any real anti-aging benefits anyway, based on the ingredients.

I stopped using Primer Potion years ago when I found that my Dermablend Cream concealer works just as well, even better. I won't be buying this one.