MAC Viva Glam II

MAC Viva Glam II
Viva Glam IIViva Glam IIViva Glam IIMAC - Viva Glam IIViva Glam II

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a pinky nude that pulls just slightly grey. . I have neutral tending to cool skin (I wear NW25 foundation) and it seems to work but I thought it made my teeth slightly yellow, so it's pulling warm. It's a satin formula, which is semi-matte. It's about as matte as I prefer to go, and it's full coverage: my lips are somewhat pigmented and it covers. It is slightly drying, as MAC lipsticks tend to be on me. But I do rebuy it because it's one of those lipsticks you can put on to go with anything and it's a wearable nude with a pinkish cast but not too light.

I use Dervish or Whirl pencil under to warm it upOf course, the VG line contributes the money to HIV charity and that, as a former grad student in immunology, means a lot. So I try to buy VG whenever I like a color.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this shade since 2006 I pair it with strip down liner when I do wear it. It's definitely a brown type of nude for my skintone. I have golden yellow undertones Estee Lauder tawny type of color. So choosing a brown nude can be especially hard for me I have some Latin features and I cannot wear those dark or grey kylie lips I look straight up Chula ! I do find it only wear this type of color when I have golden blonde bayalage type of hair. When I have dark chocolate brown hair this clashes. This color would look good with blonde or golden or some kind of highlights in your hair. Otherwise with dark hair it pulls too brown and it's too much. I do love this lip color it's beautiful and worth the money. Satin formulas are the best can't go wrong. I love this and my HG brave.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, since it is my favorite lipstick. I used Brave forever, but it seems more rosy than it used to be, and I want more of a pink, versus a rose color - plus, Brave has gotten too dark for me. I use this with different lip liners, sometimes Whirl (making this a pretty pinky color, somewhat on the lighter side), but mostly Plum (which makes it darker and more mauve), It really blends beautifully with different liners, because it's so neutral. I'm not a Soar girl, but it's beautiful with that as well. If you want a nude that isn't too brown and doesn't go orange, this is one to try. The best part is, as it wears off, it doesn't leave my lips a weird color. For reference, I find Blankety too light and too grey, Velvet Teddy too orange, the Snobs, Syrup, Pink Plaids too blue, and Creme Cup, doesn't do anything on my lips.

on 7/11/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

New HG lipstick! It's a satin finish, so it applies smoothly and matte but is not drying at all. This is like a muted nude link - perfect for work and everyday wear. Reminds me of Velvet Teddy but more pink than brown. Also has great lasting power for such a creamy lipstick. I'm so happy I bought this!

on 4/18/2016 6:57:00 PM

It's a great MLBB shade for me, I'm warm toned (NC15-20) and it's not too nude but not too pink either. It's not completely transfer proof, but wears quite long through food and drinks. It also fades nicely and not patchy. The price is high, but you get what you pay for. I would definitely repurchase in a different colour

on 7/16/2016 1:32:00 PM

I love this lipstick, for my skintone this is the perfect nude. It's my everyday lip color. If I want to give it just a little more color (warmth) I use the spice lip pencil.
The lipstick is not drying, but neither moisturizing. It feels comfortable and nice on the lips, stays on okay, after a meal I have to do a touch up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lipstick not all that long ago (I own a bunch of various VG lipsticks/Lipglasses just not VG II), I was disappointed to not be able to buy the VG II Lipglass at Macy's (I just bought the lipstick), but looked on MAC's website & to my shock did not see the Lipglass there neither & I have a tradition of buying matching VG lipstick w Lipglass, I did buy the very 1st VG w Clear Lipglass instead of matching Lipglass & I'm using (a different rebought tube) of Clear w this + I got VG Gaga 2 Lipglass coz sold out of lipstick way back when. Well VG II is closest to me to VG V in terms of color but more grey whereas VG V is brown VG II is more pink & mauve on me. If you only buy 1 version I suggest VG Miley 1 Lipglass as its a totally fun but wearable color (much diff than this thou) or get VG V lipstick w matching Lipglass! I highly rec'd getting a lip liner/stick/glass from MAC which ever u do go w/. And the charity HIV/AIDS program is awesome! 100% profits go to for any MAC Viva Glam products.

on 10/16/2015 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Viva glam II is my first MAC lipstick and I would highly recommend!

I'm a bit dubious about matte lipsticks, but this isn't drying at all. It says 'satin' as the description, but I don't find it very satin-like. Benefit's lipsticks are much more 'satin'. There's a slight sheen though, and it lasts for hours!

Is has definitely become my new everyday lipstick, especially with the lovely colour being subtle for daytime.

I think it's great how all the proceeds go to charity too, it felt like even more of an incentive to purchase!

on 10/22/2015 10:32:00 AM

I've been looking for the perfect MLBB colour for ages! While warm nudes like Wet N Wild's 'Bare it all' work well for me in general, they do change the original tone of my natural lip colour (slightly greyish pink). Viva Glam II is the perfect MLBB colour for me! It is a neutral nude with mauve, pink and some grey undertones. I am NC25 and have warm undertones.

The satin formula is comfortable on the lips and has a good staying power as well!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

First MAC lipstick, first nude. 10+ years and I'm still wearing it.