MAC Viva Glam II

MAC Viva Glam II
Viva Glam IIViva Glam IIViva Glam IIMAC - Viva Glam IIViva Glam II

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this shade since 2006 I pair it with strip down liner when I do wear it. It's definitely a brown type of nude for my skintone. I have golden yellow undertones Estee Lauder tawny type of color. So choosing a brown nude can be especially hard for me I have some Latin features and I cannot wear those dark or grey kylie lips I look straight up Chula ! I do find it only wear this type of color when I have golden blonde bayalage type of hair. When I have dark chocolate brown hair this clashes. This color would look good with blonde or golden or some kind of highlights in your hair. Otherwise with dark hair it pulls too brown and it's too much. I do love this lip color it's beautiful and worth the money. Satin formulas are the best can't go wrong. I love this and my HG brave.

on 7/16/2016 1:32:00 PM

I love this lipstick, for my skintone this is the perfect nude. It's my everyday lip color. If I want to give it just a little more color (warmth) I use the spice lip pencil.
The lipstick is not drying, but neither moisturizing. It feels comfortable and nice on the lips, stays on okay, after a meal I have to do a touch up.

on 7/11/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

New HG lipstick! It's a satin finish, so it applies smoothly and matte but is not drying at all. This is like a muted nude link - perfect for work and everyday wear. Reminds me of Velvet Teddy but more pink than brown. Also has great lasting power for such a creamy lipstick. I'm so happy I bought this!

on 4/18/2016 6:57:00 PM

It's a great MLBB shade for me, I'm warm toned (NC15-20) and it's not too nude but not too pink either. It's not completely transfer proof, but wears quite long through food and drinks. It also fades nicely and not patchy. The price is high, but you get what you pay for. I would definitely repurchase in a different colour

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, since it is my favorite lipstick. I used Brave forever, but it seems more rosy than it used to be, and I want more of a pink, versus a rose color - plus, Brave has gotten too dark for me. I use this with different lip liners, sometimes Whirl (making this a pretty pinky color, somewhat on the lighter side), but most of the time, Plum (which makes it darker and more mauve), and it really blends beautifully with different liners, because it's so neutral. I'm not a Soar girl, but it's beautiful with that as well. If you want a nude that isn't too brown and doesn't go orange, this is one to try. The best part is, as it wears off, it doesn't leave my lips a weird color. For reference, I find Blankety too light and too grey, Velvet Teddy too orange, and Creme Cup, doesn't do anything on my lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

First MAC lipstick, first nude. 10+ years and I'm still wearing it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lipstick not all that long ago (I own a bunch of various VG lipsticks/Lipglasses just not VG II), I was disappointed to not be able to buy the VG II Lipglass at Macy's (I just bought the lipstick), but looked on MAC's website & to my shock did not see the Lipglass there neither & I have a tradition of buying matching VG lipstick w Lipglass, I did buy the very 1st VG w Clear Lipglass instead of matching Lipglass & I'm using (a different rebought tube) of Clear w this + I got VG Gaga 2 Lipglass coz sold out of lipstick way back when. Well VG II is closest to me to VG V in terms of color but more grey whereas VG V is brown VG II is more pink & mauve on me. If you only buy 1 version I suggest VG Miley 1 Lipglass as its a totally fun but wearable color (much diff than this thou) or get VG V lipstick w matching Lipglass! I highly rec'd getting a lip liner/stick/glass from MAC which ever u do go w/. And the charity HIV/AIDS program is awesome! 100% profits go to for any MAC Viva Glam products.

on 10/22/2015 10:32:00 AM

I've been looking for the perfect MLBB colour for ages! While warm nudes like Wet N Wild's 'Bare it all' work well for me in general, they do change the original tone of my natural lip colour (slightly greyish pink). Viva Glam II is the perfect MLBB colour for me! It is a neutral nude with mauve, pink and some grey undertones. I am NC25 and have warm undertones.

The satin formula is comfortable on the lips and has a good staying power as well!

on 10/16/2015 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Viva glam II is my first MAC lipstick and I would highly recommend!

I'm a bit dubious about matte lipsticks, but this isn't drying at all. It says 'satin' as the description, but I don't find it very satin-like. Benefit's lipsticks are much more 'satin'. There's a slight sheen though, and it lasts for hours!

Is has definitely become my new everyday lipstick, especially with the lovely colour being subtle for daytime.

I think it's great how all the proceeds go to charity too, it felt like even more of an incentive to purchase!

I'm glad that my purchase of this lipstick went to a great cause but I would not repurchase. I have a fair/cool complexion with blue eyes and honey blonde hair and luckily I can pull off most makeup shades but this just doesn't look great on me. It's a bit too brownish-greyish and makes my lips look smaller than they are, whereas most MAC shades make them look bigger and more plump. I can warm it up a bit with some pink gloss over the top but I generally don't like to layer my lipsticks with gloss. I like them to stand on their own so this one misses the mark. I think I'll play with using various liners underneath to see if I can get it to make me less dead. I think this would be a great shade on many other skin tones but if you're fair/cool I suggest trying it out in the store first. I think I purchased this one online so I didn't have that chance! Similar shades are Faux which is more pink and Modesty which is warmer and a Lustre, and both of those look much better on me. Oh well, at least I know the money is going to charity!