Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Anti-Breakage Spray

No Image

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

the only profuct from Catol's Daughter's Monoi line, that I found worked really well at leaving my hair silk soft and strengthened is their Monoi Hair Mask. However, at this time, I do not use any of Catol's Daughter's products including the Monoi anti-Breakage Spray, because these products just deliver any time of very noticeable results for just how pricey they are, as my shedding didn't decrease while using these products, I started to experience intense scalp irritation from these products (as they ended up causing major flareups with my scalp eczema) which could be due to the intense amount of perfume that Carol's Daughter's products are scented with along with all of the silicones and other unnecessary chemical ingredients that are in Carol's Daughter's products. As, Carol's Daughter's products are not natural based products at all, as they have probably more chemicals in them that really do nothing special for the hair than they do anything else. I now no longer use products with silicones, mineral oil, and a whole bunch of crappy chemicals that are not truly worth having be pit on my hair and scalp. I now go by the Curly Girl Method, and have switched over to using DevaCurl products exclusively at this time.

The Monoi products weren't life changing for my hair in any way, as they dudn't work to increase my hair's moisture hardly at all, but instead left my hair feeling dryer, didn't do anything special towards helping with intensely strengthening my hair, or causing less shedding at all. The products maybe would work better if they weren't filled with so many unnecessary additives, that don't need to be in their products period.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure what exactly prompted me to buy this. I normally use a spray serum as the first step in my cocktail on freshly washed (completely wet) hair, and I think I was looking to try a new product.

This did end up being a great replacement, but it's not a serum. It's a detangler, and it smooths my curly, tangle-prone hair, allowing me to comb (or rake) through it, eliminating tangles, and adding some slip.

It's extremely lightweight and doesn't leave any residue behind. I've never used a product quite like this, and I really, really like it. I'm on my second bottle and find that it works best when used liberally.

on 12/18/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Although Carol's Daughter doesn't make the same kind of products that they used to, I will say that I like this product. It moisturizes well. My clients say they notice some falling here and there but I don't think that has anything to do with the product per say.

on 6/26/2014 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So at the beginning, I liked this a lot but after a while, I noticed that I had more hair fall than before. Breakage was not an issue but hair fall was worse. I also noticed a little bit of drying. This may or may not work for you but it did not work for me.

This is an excellent detangling product. This has a wonderful smell of monoi oil and tiare oil but is not cloying or long-lasting. My hair happily detangles with this spray, and I have less shedding. My hair is soft and shiny after using this spray. I also use this on dry hair for detangling, and it works great on dry hair as well.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It's become a daily staple for me. I have very dry hair and I speay some when wet and dry When wet to make it smoother and minimize frizz and before bed to add some mositure back into it. It's oil based so my hair doesnt get wet and lose it's style. It also helps with breakage, which I'm always trying to minimize. Probably on my third bottle now, will continue to buy!

on 12/3/2013 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This spray leaves my hair really shiny and soft and totally tangle-free! I've used it 8-9 times (on wet hair) over the past 2 weeks and I definitely notice that my hair looks amazing even on days when I don't use the product - fewer split ends, less breakage, more shine, etc. Smells heavenly - my boyfriend can't stop sniffing my hair!

Seriously, ladies, this stuff will leave you with soft and lustrous locks and a professional-looking shine. Each time I use it, it feels like I just left my hair salon. It's expensive, yes, but definitely worth every penny. Buy it - you won't regret it!

on 12/1/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this conditioning spray! I first learned about monoi oil & the intoxicating scent of Tahitian tiare gardenia flowers from Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo. I adore this tropical, heady floral scent (however it's not overpowering), & this companion conditioning spray has the exact same scent as the shampoo (sometimes different products within the same line don't have the same expected scent, which annoys me b/c sometimes I buy stuff specifically for the scent!). I had hoped to find the exact scent of Carol's Daughter Monoi shampoo bottled in some kind of spray form for all-over body fragrance & then (happily) Carol's Daughter made it! Granted, this product is made for hair as a detangling leave-in conditioner & works fantastic for that - softens dry, stiff, crispy hair very well (more than 1 or 2 spritzes would be too much). But I also spray this on my body as well (until Carol's Daughter makes a body spray or room spray version of it, which I'm hoping for). It may not suit everybody's tastes, but to me this scent is heavenly.

I appreciate the good & clean ingredients in this formula - lightweight & airy, super-fine mist doesn't spatter, non-oily, & contains effective humectants like glycerin, sodium PCA & hyaluronic acid (I love using HA in my skincare products). Best part: No silicones or questionable preservatives like parabens or phenoxyethanol. Love that!

The 8 oz bottle is considered big in my book & since my bob-length hair can only take 1-2 sprays (it is generally super-dry at my age), so this bottle is lasting me a long time. At the slow rate that I'm using mine, I see it lasting @ least 2 yrs (hopefully the scent won't go bad or something). I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again. It's a decadent item for me but affordable. Nars Body Glow II is the closest I've found to matching Carol Daughter's scent for the body, but it is costly. Other monoi oils & lotions I've bought don't smell the same (Booth's brand is nice & very rich smelling, but very heavy or too sharp on the gardenia scent & unfortunately lingers in a cloying way for me). Carol's Daughter scent is creamy & soothing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the way this smells and the way it detangles in seconds of applying it. Have already repurchased. Love it.

on 10/29/2013 9:19:00 AM

I have very fine, thinning hair and I bought this product to help with the breakage and shedding every time I comb my hair. While I love the way it detangles and I like the scent, it unfortunately hasn't done much to cut down on the breakage. I'm actually considering returning it to Ulta-- I could get Johnson & Johnson detangler for a fraction of the price!--, but will probably keep using it for another week or so to see if there's any change. Will update if there is!

Popular Hair Treatments