Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara

Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara

4.3

Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Cera Carnauba, Candelilla Cera, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Limonen, Citral, Bht. May contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 7/23/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara is amazing. And I have tried MANY. My other two favourites would be Benefit's They're Real and Le Volume de Chanel. I find that, of these three, Guerlain performs a bit more like Benefit. However, I find Guerlain leaves a more subtle, cleaner look compared to They're Real.

Chanel is better at voluminising, but not as strong on lengthening; whilst Guerlain is able to do both. Chanel, however, is easier to cleanse off (not as stubborn to remove as Guerlain).

Overall, I like all three, but for now, Guerlain Maxi Lash has the slight edge.

Will repurchase, but as I like experimenting with beauty products, I will probably also cheat and try others. If I find something better, I'll edit this post to add my findings.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit-- upped the rating as it stopped making my eyes water just needed to wait... for the formula to dry out a little i guess. still prefer the look of clarins and mineral fusion.
Agree with previous reviewer; an average mascara, esp considering the price. First off, it makes my eyes water for a minute because it is heavily fragranced. There are several ingredients, presumably for fragrance, which you would not want near your eyes--nor on skin, actually, as it would burn it in the sunlight!

Compare one eye of this to an eye done with Mineral Fusion volumizing (my HG) --the MF mascara is truly black.
this one does clump. The volumizing effect is partly due to clumping. The formula IS good, still-- smooth and can be layered. (Yet I prefer my mineral fusion volumizing mascara's formulA because the fragrance in this is too much. It can't be good for the eyes.)

This wins for the brush however. Tis a masterpiece.

Overall I don't like it, considering the price, it felt like I was using a L'oreal mascara--i don't like how my lashes look with L'oreal mascaras. They always seem clumped together. When layered on top of Mineral Fusion, it looks good but on its own it is definitely not what the reviews here claim. Have used for a few days, if my opinion changes later I will update. It would make a good gift, but not something I would repurchase for myself.

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I paid 350rmb for this mascara in China. This mascara is very average, it transfer. My eyelashes are already long, so there is no dramatic different in terms on length and volume.

on 4/3/2016 9:04:00 AM

one of the best mascaras I have ever used. No clumping, amazing definition, volume and lengthening. I am definitely not complaining.

on 1/8/2016 11:38:00 AM

It's expensive lets just start there..for a mascara! However you get what you pay for.. I love this brush I love the formula, I have been using this without eyeliner, just lashes with an eyeshadow...and some Kohl eyeliner on my water eye.. I love this look and the lashes do it all. This mascara makes it look like falsies for sure.... I pair it with another mascara - YSL babydoll, but this mascara alone will do the trick!

on 12/29/2015 8:46:00 AM

I must add my voice to the positive chorus on this mascara, I have quite a few mascaras and this one is my "go to". I prefer the bristle brush to the plastic brushes you tend to get with many mascaras these days, and what is there to say about the packaging since it so clearly speaks for itself! Beautiful!

So the product inside: This mascara is fragranced, so if you don't like that kind of thing then steer clear - I love the smell, it adds to the appeal of the product for me personally - I believe it is the volle de nuit (sorry if i spelled that wrong) fragrance. It's lovely.
It's a very inky black and goes onto the lashes leaving them looking thick and lush, you can layer on this mascara with minimal clumping although my experience is that you shouldn't really need more than 2 coats (3 if you're feeling extra glamorous) to give you a very pretty fringe of lashes.

Will I buy this again? Yes because it is very effective at adding beautiful definition and doesn't require faffing around like some of the mascaras I own that give good results but only if you fanny about for 10 extra minutes, it does the job quickly. You don't get any hard or heavy feeling lashes, they stay silky and soft with this.

I think this really is a very expensive mascara, but I've had mine for around 6 months now and it's still going strong, it hasn't done the drying up act or changed formula in any way during that time like the famous YSL Faux Cils is well known to do. I'd recommend this mascara wholeheartedly to pretty much anyone regardless of what kind of lashes they have and would summarise it as saying it's a fabulous formula with a simple but effective brush - nothing oversized, no gimmicks and no bells or whistles - it does one thing very well. Classic. Well done Guerlain :-)

OMG! Holy grail mascara! I just bought my 4th tube of this stuff. I am addicted ! I have tried so many mascaras and I can assure you that this is the best. It is definitely not a budget mascara at $30 a tube. It lasts me about 3 months with daily use. I apply and work my eyelashes upward several times before it sets. Do not try to apply multiple layers after it dries (will clump). It doesn't flake during my 14-15 hr day and removes easily. It also smells like roses. I wear contacts and my eyes are sensitive, never have had a issue with this stuff. I have several friends that I've gotten addicted, so be aware, once you use it, you won't be able to stop!

on 10/25/2015 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I love the way my lashes look immediately after applying this mascara (fanned out, thicker, and longer), however, it doesn't hold a curl and by midday my lashes are droopy looking. I also don't like the Guerlain violet scent, but the gold packaging is very expensive and posh looking. I was hoping this would be better than Chanel Le Volume, but the Chanel holds a curl better and has a better brush.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

One word- amazing. Makes the lashes look like they were sculpted on by a famous artist. I got no clumping. My lashes look voluminous, are curled and long with using this one product. The only negative is the price.

on 6/6/2015 6:15:00 PM

I received a sample of this from Sephora, and thought I'd just have it as a purse mascara for those on-the-go touchups. But when I tried this, I was amazed. I used to have decent lashes but after turning 40 or thereabouts they've gotten thinner, and shorter and I'm always on the lookout for something to make my lashes pop. This dinky sample tube produced amazing results. In a few quick swipes I have the lashes I had in my early 20s and then some. They're long, inky black and super defined.
I only have two complaints: One, I don't like the $30 price tag, but considering I drop $10 here and $5 there hoping for half the results I get with this, so maybe the $30 is the way to go. The other mild complaint is that this is fragranced, which I'm not wild about. The scent isn't bad, but I'd prefer it to be a bit subtle. In time in fades, but for a couple hours after applying I notice it off and on.
The formula is long-lasting, but still washes out easily. It takes a tiny bit longer to get off compared to some of my drugstore mascaras, but it's worth the extra effort when I get this kind of impact.