Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation
Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

3.0

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am the first to admit that I have not quite mastered application of this but I doubt I am supposed to spray it directly at my face. Because of that, I spray it on my hand and then use my Beauty Blender sponge to apply. Then I dampen the sponge to even it out, blend it in, and if necessary build it up in certain areas. This offers medium coverage that can be built up to close to full coverage. I find it difficult to blend and when built up, it looks very cakey and makeup-y (not natural). Finish once it sets is matte, bordering on satin. I do have a great colormatch in the shade Fair (I am NC15), but only because I am currently tan (for me) as it's August. In the dead of winter this will be too dark and the lightest shade (Cream) is too pink for me. On a hot August day, this foundation gets shiny on me through the t-zone by noon, and starts to look even more cakey on bultt-up areas. I will continue to try to make it work, but I have a feeling it's just not quite right for me.

on 8/14/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My Skin: Porcelain, Dry-Combination, Lots of redness, dull, large pores near nose. (I feel sad every time I write this!)

This foundation is supposed to be a dupe for the Dior, which I haven't tried, so I can't compare. I can attest that the Sephora bottle contains more than the Dior, at least it feels that way. Anyway, this foundation sprays on nicely (once shaken for several seconds) and blends pretty well. I use a kabuki brush for everything actually, this is no exception.
It has a smooth, bright and almost dewy finish. It covered most of my redness too and blurred pores a little bit.

PROS:
-Easy to apply (does not get in hair etc, somehow!)
-Great INITIAL finish
-Lasts through a work day (or yours, I am a stay at home mom who home schools, so my dad extends beyond eight hours)
-Covers some redness

CONS:
- Tends to sit into fine lines
- Sinks into pores after a few hours, making them appear larger
- Very poor shade range
- Not a lot in the bottle

I suppose you could make it last longer by spraying it in the cap and dipping your brush or beauty blender in, but that won't give you the "airbrush" look intended. But...

Bottom Line: I don't think it looked very airbrushed to me after about the first hour anyway. But perhaps that is just my skin?

It is definitely worth a try!

on 5/14/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was hoping that this product would do me good but it didn't. When I use this foundation I always break out. And the funny thing is that it goes on a certain color and after about 3 minutes it turns into a darker shade. It totally didn't match my skin. The other day I decided to mix it with another mousse creme foundation and I sprayed it directly on my hand. It burned and itched so badly. It's been 3 weeks and I still have the scar. I actually uploaded it to this review. You can clearly see the burn Mark around where I had put the other foundation. It didn't work for me at all.

on 9/5/2014 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this product. I think the spray was very refreshing minus the smell of it. I'm on the hunt for my HG foundation. Because of my large pores and redness, I feel like this foundation did not help me at all. It is definitely light coverage. The lightest shade (fair) is what I picked up. It sucked up into my pores and left me looking slightly gray. I had to use a different foundation to bring some color back and help with my redness. It'd be nice if you already had a face that just needed slight coverage.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This mist foundation was fun to try, but I still prefer my $4 WnW coverall and it's much cheaper. The reason why I won't repurchase is due to the tricky application. It sets really quickly on my skin and if you don't blend right away then it looks cakey and leaves obvious makeup lines behind.

The shade Medium is a great match for my NC25 skin tone, you shake the bottle for 5 seconds then mist 6-10 inches away from your face. I like to use a stipple brush to seamlessly blend it into my skin and the coverage is really impressive- I'd say medium to full. My acne scars are transformed into clear, luminous skin with this on:)) I noticed this needs to be blended like a mofo or it looks like I'm wearing a mask just fyi, there have been a few days where I got to work and realized it wasn't fully rubbed in!

The overall finish of Perfection Mist is straight up beautiful. Demi-matte so your natural skin glows through! LOVE! Lasts a while too---8ish hours before it fades and I don't notice any oxidation woot woot! I'm satisfied with my purchase and save this foundation for special occasion uses when I want more coverage. A bit heavy for everyday use imo, but to each their own. I'm very sensitive and haven't noticed any breakouts so I think this is safe for acne-prone and easily irritated skintypes.

Warning: Put on a headband and pull your hair back whenever you apply this! I made the mistake of hurrying through my routine and left my hair loose...huge mistake!! I thought I was being careful but makeup got all up in my hair and it doesn't wash out easily, trust me. It gave my brown tresses frosted ends lol not a good look!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials