Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation
Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.3

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

on 2/1/2016 2:56:00 PM

I like the finish, the fair shade is a perfect colour match for me. While spraying directly to the face is immediately satisfying, there is a LOT of over-spray so you really need to bundle up your hair and your torso to keep clean. I've been spraying it onto a stippling brush and buffing onto my face. It wears well and has buildable coverage. Too bad it's quite pricey, otherwise it would be my everyday foundation! I will probably wear it a lot right now while it's new and still exciting, but after that it will be my "in a rush" or "need to look seriously flawless and fierce" foundation. This one is a definite try, but even though it's cheaper than the dior aerosol foundation, it's still just a little too pricey for my tastes to be my all-the-time foundation.

on 11/1/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A few years ago I used Dior AirFlash Foundation and loved the look of it, but found it costly to use at $62 a can. I thought I'd give Sephora's house brand knockoff a chance because it's only $28 per can. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this works for me. Like AirFlash, this mist foundation has a skin-like finish and doesn't look like heavy makeup.

It feels lightweight and comfortable. It is transfer-resistant once it's dry, and it's long-wearing. My skin is combination - not super oily or super dry. So I don't have an exorbitant amount of oil, nor do I have flaky skin. I wear a primer with SPF under this and powder the T-zone accordingly during the day. This foundation looks great hours after I've applied.

I was able to find a good color match in this, Fair, which is similar to Porcelain 0 in Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation. Because I use Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or MDSolarSciences Beauty Balm SPF 50 underneath, I have not had any trouble with the foundation oxidizing darker. There is a lighter shade, Cream, for extremely fair skin, and then some medium complexion shades.

To apply, I use a synthetic bristle kabuki brush, spray the foundation onto the brush, and then buff it onto the skin. I can do a sheer layer or build up by spraying more onto my brush and applying more. Another way to apply is to spray onto a sponge and stipple it into the skin. I don't recommend spraying this directly onto the face because it goes everywhere; it gets all over your eyelashes and eyebrows, too. If you spray it directly onto your face, be sure to close your eyes, and stand in the shower to do it before getting dressed (so it doesn't get onto clothes) and then you may still have to touch up with a sponge. Also, the butane propellant will make it feel cold. My kabuki brush application still gives me an airbrushed, skin-like finish and there's no messiness.

I recommend wearing a product with SPF underneath because there is no sunscreen in the foundation.

I'm glad Sephora made this fragrance free. It doesn't contain parabens, in case you're avoiding those as well. My skin is sensitive and I haven't had any irritation at all. It doesn't contain alcohol. Overall, a good value if you like it.

INGREDIENTS:

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG/PPG -18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

on 9/21/2015 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I can't see myself purchasing this again. Not because it's horrible, but because for my skin it's just very average. I've applied it several ways, using a sponge, a brush and spraying it directly...and using various moisturizes, and primers. All were just OK and certainly not worth the $29. It's actually not a bad price for a non-drugstore foundation, but if I'm going to spend that much I really need to like it a lot.

If someone is looking for very light, matte coverage they will probably love this. When I use an airbrush foundation, I'm usually looking for a heavier flawless look. If I apply enough to get that initial look, it creases in my almost 40 year old skin. (creases that I don't see without makeup on)

It is worth a try, but I will be returning mine...thank goodness for Sephora's very liberal return policy. It allows me to try things without worrying too much about the price if I don't like it.

As for color, I bought the medium, and it was a very good match for my NC25 skin. Make sure you shake it!! I sprayed a little on my arm when I was in the parking lot and it came out gray!! But after shaking it for about 15 seconds it was fine....kind of freaked me out though.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this after reading all the awesome reviews but it didn't work for me. I have a super oily t zone, and this foundation just didn't work. It has a beautiful finish and feels so nice and silky on the skin, but after a few hours of wearing it omg my skin looked like I had been running for miles it was horrible.it may be good for maybe 3-4 hours, but not for long wear, atleast for me it didn't work.

on 2/8/2015 11:13:00 AM

Amazing foundation. Really nice medium coverage. I spray the product directly onto a round buffing brush like the RT one and then just buff it in. It goes on and blends quickly - it does dry and set rather quick-not surprising since you're putting such a tiny thin layer on. It is super fast to throw your face on and so convenient. The shade match is fair - I wear the medium shade and find it fairly suitable for my NC35 skin. It definitely gives a matte finish so if you're into something dewy or luminous this wouldn't be as good - but you can always put some highlighter if that's your thing. No need to set this with powder, I would say it does cling a bit to dry patches if you're not well moisturized. I think it does oxidize a touch on my skin but I don't wear primer or anything and I have normal-mildly combo skin. Would recommend you give this a go especially if you don't have a lot of time to get ready!

on 11/22/2014 8:56:00 PM

I used the technique mentioned here to apply the foundation first to a beauty blender and then blend out. So far, it has worked pretty well and I am very satisfied with the coverage. I like the color range- I have the fairest skin so I am using the lightest shade. The ingredients list does not really appeal to me, but I could not resist trying the product after reading all the reviews. The only con that I see with this product is that dry patches are exacerbated by this, so beware if you are using products that are drying out your skin or you have dry skin. The price is great considering comparable products are double the price or more.

on 11/10/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

In terms of the product, I love how light it feels and gives a matte finish. If you tend to get oily, it might start peeking through after a few hours. On me, I looked a little dewy after 3 hours. Since it's in an aerosol can, I have never tried applying it right onto my face - I spray a bit onto a multitasker flat top brush (ELF and Sonia Kashuk work well) and then dab and blend all over the face.

Shade - When I first bought this, I got it in Medium - Light was way too light and on my summer complexion (NC30ish), I was able to get away with the darker shade. Now that I've gotten slightly lighter, it's now so dark on me so I just use it to mix with some of my foundation if I need to.

Once I ran out, Sephora expanded the colour range and added Fawn which is perfect for me (I'm now NC25). It's the perfect in-between shade of Light and Medium. It has a yellow undertone, but I'm pretty sure the price went up to $35... I'm pretty sure it was $29 - $30 CAD before. If you use it everyday, it might not last very long - maybe a month or month and a half at most which is quite costly. I tend to use different foundations depending on my mood so this doesn't apply to me.

All in all it's an amazing foundation and reasonably priced if you want to try it.

on 10/21/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I LOVED this foundation. I was outside in 90 degree heat all day and it still looked like I just applied it. I typically would spray it on a buffing brush and buff it into my face instead of spraying it directly on my skin. I found that I lost a lot of product if I sprayed directly from the can to my face. One little thing though, it ran out of air with a bunch of product still in the can! Super bummer. Luckily Sephora has an excellent return/exchange policy. Great product, until it runs out of air.

on 9/26/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm blown away by this! I tried air flash by Dior a few years ago and I remember it just melting off my face. Not this baby! I tested it when I opened the package on my arm to test the color and it was steadfast! Transfer that to the face! Held tight even over t zone which is oily (well not much anymore since using Dior One Essential... Another review..) GREAT to spray my chest with which is always red! I like the fun spray mechanism but it also applied BEAUTIFULLY w my real techniques stippling brush (spray directly onto brush). Awesomely non messy w the brush method. And so EASY w spray method! Tie back hair and no shirt obviously. Oh color. Nw/nc20. I got the 2nd lightest, fair. I'm more a 'light' but I try to conceal my redness wth yellow undertones and fair had way more yellow than the cooler light. I just use some more MAC harmony than I normally would and looks great. This I prefer on the chest to MAC face and body ... It stays on better with less rub off. It's matte though unlike the nice dewy face n body. Tackled pores and all... 10 stars!

on 9/7/2014 3:39:00 PM

Mixed reviews. The product is genius but unfortunately breaks me out. Great coverage though. Before realizing this was causing breakouts I found it best to spray a light layer then dab with a brush. This is drying but fine when my combo skin is on the oiler side