Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation
Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.3

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation, and I can be very picky with bases. First of all, the spray I'm not a massive fan of, it's a little messy, so I apply it by spraying it on my brush and buffing it in, and it gives a beautiful finish. This foundation holds up through anything, foundations fade on me quickly throughout the day, but not this one. I use it with a hydrating and/or illuminating primer (beccas is one of my favs) since the formula is a little on the drier side, but not so much that it's an issue for me. I use the shade medium and for reference I am about nc35-nc40.

on 3/4/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful foundation! Was so impressed! If you have oily or acne-prone skin, this is the foundation for you. I used the silicone-free Sephora primer first, then sprayed the foundation on, let it sit for a minute and I used a sponge to pat around my face lightly (I have used other airbrush foundations in the past and they all suggest patting with a sponge after spraying)! Perfection! It is very matte! I probably would not recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin unless you use a primer that moisturizes too. This foundation stayed perfect all day. I never turned oily! If you have never used airbrushing before, it does take a time or two in order to get the product on evenly, but this was very user friendly! It will be my summertime, go to!

on 2/1/2016 2:56:00 PM

I like the finish, the fair shade is a perfect colour match for me. While spraying directly to the face is immediately satisfying, there is a LOT of over-spray so you really need to bundle up your hair and your torso to keep clean. I've been spraying it onto a stippling brush and buffing onto my face. It wears well and has buildable coverage. Too bad it's quite pricey, otherwise it would be my everyday foundation! I will probably wear it a lot right now while it's new and still exciting, but after that it will be my "in a rush" or "need to look seriously flawless and fierce" foundation. This one is a definite try, but even though it's cheaper than the dior aerosol foundation, it's still just a little too pricey for my tastes to be my all-the-time foundation.

on 10/28/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

ive used the dior version of this which is ridiculously expensive but i found it online for slightly less, but non the less this was a great foundation, i am absolutely a make-up junkie and this has great coverage i can wear it alone or over a foundation for a better coverage, if i want to buff it out with a more matte look ill use a powder over it and just dab with a stippling effect, ive only bought this once but i have just recently gotten the pur liquid veil to try, heard that was amazing as well, really happy to have more foundations coming out that are antibacterial n don't have to touch them

on 5/12/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh my God where has this been all my life?!

First things first, I'm pale. Not just light, but a cool porcelain. Companies don't make products in my colour - I've yet to find something from the Drugstore (too yellow!), even Sephora only carries a few lines I trust in lightness (namely Makeup Forever, sometimes NARS, and Cover FX).

So when I sprayed this on my hand (lightest shade 'Cream') and it matched - I knew I had to give it a try. I'd never used an aerosol foundation before. The salesgirl at Sephora told me to spray it on my brush before applying (using a Sonia Kashuk multipurpose brush) to get the best finish.

I tried this technique first, and wasn't overly impressed with the level of coverage I was getting vs. the amount of product I'd just sprayed onto (and around) my brush. Next, I tried spraying it directly on my face before blending (using a dabbing motion). PERFECTION. Why oh why is everyone saying not to spray directly on the face?! It made all the difference. It takes a hot minute to get the hang of (spray in a quick motion, 6-ish inches from the face, concentrating on the centre, then blend out), but is so worth it. And no - it doesn't get everywhere! All my product lands on my face, instead of settling in the brush.

The only downfall is how long a can lasts. I get 4 weeks, maybe a bit longer, out of a can. Usually foundations last (for me) longer than a month, but I can justify a monthly purchase of a product I love so much.

Since I enjoy full coverage, I apply a but of Cover FX's Total Cover Cream Foundation as a concealer on any spots I may have. I truly get the best flawless finish I've ever had (as someone who has tried everything).

Please try this! It's so worth it.

on 3/9/2015 12:57:00 PM

This product was horrible. It rubbed off if I even lightly brushed my face with my sleeve. I wouldn't even dare trying to hug someone with this on. Although the coverage was light and gave a nice finish, the fact that it took less than a second to rub off even after setting it with powder was a huge turn off. I returned this after only a few days of having it. Will never ever ever buy this product again and I most certainly do not recommend it.

on 11/22/2014 8:56:00 PM

I used the technique mentioned here to apply the foundation first to a beauty blender and then blend out. So far, it has worked pretty well and I am very satisfied with the coverage. I like the color range- I have the fairest skin so I am using the lightest shade. The ingredients list does not really appeal to me, but I could not resist trying the product after reading all the reviews. The only con that I see with this product is that dry patches are exacerbated by this, so beware if you are using products that are drying out your skin or you have dry skin. The price is great considering comparable products are double the price or more.

on 7/21/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm in my 50s, and must disagree with the previous reviewer who thought it would not work for older ladies. I find that though it is remarkably light in feel, it still has great coverage and does not emphasize lines or pores, but instead smooths them out. I spray on a coaster (I find it sinks in a bit when I spray it on my hand first), then apply with a brush. For areas I need a little more coverage, I spray on the coaster, then reapply with fingers over those areas. I usually wear a powder fdtn in the summer because of the 100+ degree weather here, which causes liquid makeup to melt off, but this works also works! Fantastic foundation! Very soft, pretty finish.

on 6/17/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for a few months now and I absolutely love it! I took a break and tried samples of other foundations from sephora such as MakeUp Forever and Laura Mercier but went back to this one. It leaves a powder finish and leaves my face looking flawless. Since I have oily skin I have to blot after a few hours but my skin looks more dewy than oily and after blotting it looks like I just applied it. I will definitely re-purchase. I haven't had any breakouts since using this which is a bonus.

on 4/18/2014 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Sets in really quickly so you need to be quick with your brush. But this products gives really amazing coverage. I'm giving it a 4 because of the nature of my skin. I have acne prone skin with tiny bumps now and then and it shows pretty obvious with this product. Definitely moisture and prime your skin before applying. This is myHG airbrush-like foundation at the month! I spray it directly on my face bit by bit and blend it in with a stippling brush as quick as possible. Spraying it directly on the brush wasted too much products and spraying it on the back of your hands kinda sets it into your hand instead :D it is not messy if you do It bit by bit. Definitely worth the money and will repurchase it!!