Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

Sephora  Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation
Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.3

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was really excited about this. I love the coverage, I think it covers acne scars very well. I also like the color match, I got one in a yellow undertone which is hard to find foundations that have yellow, so that is a plus. I spray the can directly into my brush so that it doesn't waste product, I really don't know why people would spray this onto the face! The con to this product is I am pretty sure it has been breaking me out :( I have sensitive skin and I think it must be the alcohol in it. So sensitive skin people, be warned.

on 1/13/2017 2:15:00 PM

I tried this foundation out after hearing that it was similar to Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation. Because I'm not quite convinced that I need to spend $62 on a foundation . . . just yet. After finally using up my spray canister (took 2 years - reserving it for special occasions, 6 months past the expiration date without any issues!), I can honestly say this is up there with Estee Lauder Double Wear as one of my favorite foundations.

I purchased Medium, which does indeed have a neutral undertone. I'm quite warm, so it pulls a tad orange on me, but not noticeably so. Fawn seems to be a better tonal match, but it's touch lighter than I need - I might try it next and darken it up with some bronzer. I've tried using this foundation by spraying it directly onto a big flat top kabuki and also by spraying it onto the back of my hand or a old sanitized gift card (I need to just buy a palette, hah) and I think I prefer it directly sprayed onto the brush. A Sephora make-up artist did use this with a Beauty Blender on me, but I feel like that might waste a fair bit of product given that this has quite a thin viscosity.

The coverage seems to be satin to matte medium and can be built up to medium-full. However, this foundation can look cakey if you apply too many layers. It feels far lighter on my skin than Double Wear, but of course, isn't as resilient as Double Wear. I think over a decent primer, this does look almost "airbrushed," but it still looks like my skin. This foundation also photographs beautifully, no white cash or blotchiness. Admittedly, it will breakdown on my T-zone on hotter and more humid days after three or four hours, but the foundation reacts well to a light blot and powdering.

I ended purchasing this for my best friend, a faithful Diorskin Airflash addict. She claims it's a decent dupe, but it's nowhere as good. But hey, for half price, it's worth a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Sorry to bring the rating down, but this is just meh. I purchased this earlier in the summer because I heard it was a good dupe for the Dior airflash, and wanted to try something different. I tried to use it with a beauty blender, flat top kabuki, my fingers. Just didn't have enough coverage. It wasn't terrible, and I might still revisit it for more casual days, but it was lacking. I do have to mention though that my ultimate fav foundations are koh gen do aqua foundation (around 65), Armani luminous silk (around 62), and Chanel vitalumiere aqua (around 50 I guess?) so I do tend to buy higher end, and maybe that's made me a bit biased on the quality.

After years of searching, I have finally found my HG foundation! I have spent tons of money trying to find the right foundation that blended well, didn't look heavy but lasted all day, didn't turn my skin oily after a few hours, and was the right color. This is a lot harder then it sounds! However, I heard about this airbrush foundation and gave it a shot. At $28, it was a lot cheaper than other brands I've gone for. To my surprise, it gave my skin a flawless, airbrushed look I'd never had before. It looked like my skin, but better! All I have to do is spray it on my face and buff it in with a wet beauty blender, and I'm done! One bottle lasts me for about 2-3 months, which is worth it to me. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation, and I can be very picky with bases. First of all, the spray I'm not a massive fan of, it's a little messy, so I apply it by spraying it on my brush and buffing it in, and it gives a beautiful finish. This foundation holds up through anything, foundations fade on me quickly throughout the day, but not this one. I use it with a hydrating and/or illuminating primer (beccas is one of my favs) since the formula is a little on the drier side, but not so much that it's an issue for me. I use the shade medium and for reference I am about nc35-nc40.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am the first to admit that I have not quite mastered application of this but I doubt I am supposed to spray it directly at my face. Because of that, I spray it on my hand and then use my Beauty Blender sponge to apply. Then I dampen the sponge to even it out, blend it in, and if necessary build it up in certain areas. This offers medium coverage that can be built up to close to full coverage. I find it difficult to blend and when built up, it looks very cakey and makeup-y (not natural). Finish once it sets is matte, bordering on satin. I do have a great colormatch in the shade Fair (I am NC15), but only because I am currently tan (for me) as it's August. In the dead of winter this will be too dark and the lightest shade (Cream) is too pink for me. On a hot August day, this foundation gets shiny on me through the t-zone by noon, and starts to look even more cakey on bultt-up areas. I will continue to try to make it work, but I have a feeling it's just not quite right for me.

If they have your color, you're lucky. I'm fair skinned and the best match I can find, turns me a little yellow and powders/blushes can't fix the problem. HOWEVER it is the best foundation I have ever had. It feels so light and it goes on so easy. The coverage is perfect. I do have slight separation on the forehead after 4hrs IF i touch my face....which I always do, but if you check in the mirror, you can smear it back in to place very easy with the wipe of your finger. The price itself is ok EXCEPT this bottle only lasts me a month so the price is too much for a monthly repurchase. I'm searching every month for a new foundation, but everything sucks in comparison. I'm hoping they will get my shade someday and my problem will be solved.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

New HG!! it's summer and I love a good long lasting foundation that is flawless, waterproof, affordable, and quick to apply. I wear the shade "Medium" because "Honey" is too dark for me. Medium is perfect if you wear NC40/42. Just use a darker powder if you wear NC42. I wore this foundation to the dentist and was amazed at how it held up! Thank you sephora for duping the "Christian Dior Airflash" 😍. I fell in love!!

on 5/25/2016 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's good but it seemed to stick to dry patches on my skin. It's also hard to tell when it's coming out sometimes. I would repurchase! It felt great on my skin.

I bought Fair and the colour is really really great match.

Second application:

on 3/4/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful foundation! Was so impressed! If you have oily or acne-prone skin, this is the foundation for you. I used the silicone-free Sephora primer first, then sprayed the foundation on, let it sit for a minute and I used a sponge to pat around my face lightly (I have used other airbrush foundations in the past and they all suggest patting with a sponge after spraying)! Perfection! It is very matte! I probably would not recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin unless you use a primer that moisturizes too. This foundation stayed perfect all day. I never turned oily! If you have never used airbrushing before, it does take a time or two in order to get the product on evenly, but this was very user friendly! It will be my summertime, go to!